Solidifi Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
n/a
Curative (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RIJuly 27, 2018
Work is okay, they make a lot of changes and are not really good at communicating. They make managers of other departments move into departments they don't know, which also is annoying.
Not a great company
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 3, 2018
management plays politics and will fire anyone at anytime. Does not provide annual raises to hard working employees. If you are buddy's with management you will move up even if someone is better than you.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no job security
Awful place
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 17, 2018
awful place to work if you have already been part of the corporate world. Very young group of kids most starting their career for the first time. I was sold by their recruiter that this was a business development job instead i was a babysitter and paper chaser for a large panel of residential appraisals. Very cliquey high school type work environment. I did not fit in with my team and so I was shunned by the group. If you can drink the kool aid and are into a rah rah type environment give it a go. If you are looking to make money and advance in a real career, RUN FOR THE HILLS
Pros
snacks and beverages
Cons
terrible management and terrible expectations
Mismanaged and Poor Communication
Valuation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 26, 2018
While on the surface Solidifi seems like a great company to work for, but in reality the company is poorly managed and does not take its employees into consideration enough. Be prepared to have to fight the middle management to get even just one day off. One will have no real path to advance in the company, essentially one is stuck in the same role for longer than they should be. The company is based in Buffalo, NY so working for it in Denver, feels like working from home, but in an office. Most managers and management are in Buffalo, so company communication is also very poorly handled between the branches. The company is also very into company culture and cares more about if an employee "fits" with their culture, than their work based results. Employees are split into teams and given quarterly challenges to complete, sometimes the challenges take place during a happy hour, other times employees are expected to complete them on their own, personal time. One challenge involved creating a plan to implement a new solution for the company that would benefit the Solidifi in anyway possible. Employees were expected to complete this during non-work time. Solidifi said that they were going to try and implement the best idea, with no plan for compensation to the employees that came up with the idea. The reward was a $100 gift card for an idea that could benefit the company in much larger ways. Solidifi cares about its employees, but only if the employees "fit" with the culture they created.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, nice coworkers
Cons
Poor time off policy, bad middle management, horrible company communication
Had a big screen tv with cable in the breakroom and free healthy snacks
Flood Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2018
*Clock in.
*Check for rushes on floods requests e-mails.
*Greet co-workers.
*Work was not hard, but could be tedious.
*Enjoyed doing floods for the Lenders.
Pros
Free lunch once a month and chance to draw cards for prizes.
Cons
Short notices.
Loved what i did and my managers, but the corporate management is terrible.
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 29, 2018
I was hired by southwest financial as were my managers and coworkers, that being said it was a great job! The culture was relaxed yet you knew you had work.to get done. Everyonenwas friendly, kind and helpful! There was always someone there to answer a question. It was truly a family. However, Southwest was purchased by solidifi and thats when things took a turn for the worst, mass layoffs happened, our work was being diverted to other offices without our knowledge and ultimiately on 1/22/2018, 90% of the workforce in cincinnati was terminated without prior notice.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Corporate management was horrible.
Unsteady Infrastructure
Appraisal Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 28, 2017
Solidifi is a big company with several clients and one would believe that they have a lot of work for their employees; however, they have a high turnover rate. They hire and fire easily and in big droves; its not a secure place to work.
Unreliable employment
Customer service/ Billing (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 19, 2017
Company was bought by outside company and they keep letting people go. We are always afraid that we will not have a job when we go to work. Used to be a great company to work for when it was Southwest Finanial
Productive and fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIDecember 4, 2017
Solidifi FKA Linear Settlement Services is a productive and fast paced environment however their executive management are disorganized and unprofessional.
Hire & layoffs as the wind blows
National Review Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2017
Worked there only 6 - 8 months remotely as a review appraiser. Went from 4 to nearly 20 reviewers in just 3 months then fired 11 of us since a large client or two they expected to come on board fell thru. They talk a good game, but the types of reviews were volume driven and template based with "monkey brain" repetition required.
Good First Company
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 26, 2016
When I started at Solidifi, I was given the opportunity to learn a great deal about an industry that I had no prior exposure to. Coming to work for the first few months was a pleasure because I was constantly learning new things and skills.

I was then afforded the opportunity for a new position and it remained interesting because I was exposed to something new again. I have now been in this position for a couple years and the experience dwindled.

The people are excellent, but the job is monotonous and the company is understaffed for the type of growth it is trying to accomplish, resulting in long, difficult hours for which the compensation is not enough.
Great Company
Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2016
Solidifi is a good company to work for. They are open and value their employees as people. The executives will sit with you at lunch and talk about your interests, your hobbies, and your goals. They are growing rapidly and love to promote from within.

They supply pop/soda/juice and all sorts of snacks/fruits on a daily basis. They are open to sponsoring team building activities like sporting events, internal company challenges and charitable activities. They are growing rapidly and will be going public soon. They really invest in their human resources component of the organization.

I love most of my co-workers, I am appreciated and valued.
Pros
Free snacks, juice, soda popa, fun inter-office competitions, charitable activity
Cons
No official lunch/break practises (in writing, not in practise), high degree of strees and work/life balance is not appropriate for compensation level
Forward Thinking Management, Young/Open Culture, Opportunity!
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 29, 2015
Solidifi is a fast growing company thats motto is "you won't be working the same position in 12 months". The whole management team is young and forward thinking. The company is growing at an insane rate and as an employee they put your first. It is an office job, but there are literally no walls no set schedule. Great place to work to start any career.
Pros
Free Lunch, flexible schedule, supportive management
Cons
Promote a 60 hour work week, initial work is boring
Seems good but...
Quality Review (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2015
Brought me in as a temp-to-hire, then hired several people permanent off the street and laid me off because of lack of work. On the surface, it seems like a great, up and coming company. However, they have done some fairly underhanded things.
Pros
free beverages, granola bars. monthly company lunch, awesome location
Cons
being borderline lied to, laying off people with little notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solidifi. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight