Solimar Spa Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 15, 2018
Solimar Spa is a great place to work, and I can't stress that enough. I am a full-time student and they really work around my schedule. They are so flexible in scheduling, it's great! Not to mention, you receive amazing discounts on both products and services! Everyone who works at Solimar is very easy to work with, and we all love to help each other out whenever possible. I have recommended to many friends to work at Solimar, it's very rewarding. It's a fun, relaxing work environment and it's fun to build relationships with our customers. Overall, it's a great place of employment, and I would recommend working at Solimar to anyone!
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Discounts, Positive Work Enviornment
Flexible and caring work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 22, 2018
I have never had a job nor do I ever think I will have a job that is as flexible as Solimar Spa is. I am currently attending college so my schedule changes frequently and they are always accommodating. Any days off that I need, they are accepted. We basically get to make our own schedules and they will work with that. The owners/management is the most caring people I have ever worked for. They treat you as if you are their family and will help you with anything work-related or personal. We receive amazing discounts on services and products, as well as 50% off of any 3 products a month. When a new employee is training, such as a massage therapist or esti, we have the first choice to be a model for their training and receive a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, etc. for only $10. There have been amazing opportunities at this spa due to events being held at the Radisson Blu hotel and having a variety of customers all over the world that come in to get a service.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners from the Radisson Blu hotel kitchen in their break room
Fun, easy-going job
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 14, 2018
As a full-time student, I needed a job with flexibility and decent pay. I was so happy to find that here. I became friends with many other staff members which makes coming to work fun. Other reviewers said you don't get good discounts on services, but we certainly do, varying from 40-70% off of most services. If you're looking for a flexible yet reliable schedule, an easy-going atmosphere and spa perks, Solimar is a good choice!
Pros
Discounts, work culture
great clients and flexibility
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 20, 2018
I have been an employee of Solimar for over 7 years. It is a great family owned company, while they are always learning and growing there is also a lot of flexibility and understanding. A good portion of my coworkers have been here for awhile and we have a team. In this industry it's hard to avoid a lot of drama but at Solimar there is no tolerance for it and if it is brought in, it is not put up with for long. It's been a great place to work!
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 11, 2018
It was a fairly decent place to work at if you wanted a mindless job in a somewhat relaxed setting. The discounts weren't all that good accept for when a new tech was in, and then it was a toss up on whether or not you'd have a decent service.
Poor Management and Inconstitent
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 15, 2018
As a part-time therapist and full-time student, I appreciate that this spa gives me the flexibility I need for my change work schedule every semester. However, hours are consistently being cut short if the spa is slow, by 2-3 hours, there is no follow through with the cancellation policy, massage therapist' are not considered before clients with comfort of minor policy, the owners are the only source of management and are hardly present, and the busiest day of the week are Saturdays. I like the diversity of clients that stop through this location, however, the service charge is over-priced and there is no room for therapists to increase wages. The employees/co-workers are great to work with, however, there is a lack of communication and organization. There is no encouragement for therapists to grow nor incentive for continuing education. Many massage therapist are over-worked and very underpaid, causing for a strong dislike toward management. There have been many attempts within the staff approaching management to change things and owners/management do not budge. The location and setting is great, and the spa has potential to be better if management would be more open and willing to listen to their staff.
Pros
Flexible with student life and last-minute emergencies
Cons
No benefits, no continuing education, no paid time off, no management present, bad customer service, underpaid and over-worked employees, little to no communication from management to staff.
Good dog
Employee (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 26, 2017
But u will notice laziness as both spas. Management expects a lot out of you but doesn’t lead by example. We get called in late and sent home early when not busy. No guarantees to how many hours you really get per week. If your not a tech be ready for a in consistent schedule every month. Managers put themselves before others when it comes to working
Pros
Discounted sales and some good training
Cons
Some lazy management, owners that don’t get this career
Beautiful workplace with a family like feel
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 24, 2017
Solimar Spa is not only a beautiful spa to work in but it is also relaxing and has a family like feeling among the staff. It's a wonderful work environment that allowed me to be creative and give my clients the relaxing experience they love so much.
no stability
employee (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 9, 2015
high turnover rate
horrible management
little or no discount on services
uneducated staff
favoritism by management
unhappy staff
no parking available for staff or customers