SOLITRON DEVICES, INC. Employee Review

View all SOLITRON DEVICES, INC. reviews

Productive and fun workplace
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 21, 2012
Good co-workers, great management, nice and safe environment. Flexible, good trainings. I did love working for quality control dept. It was a pleasure to work for them.!

Other SOLITRON DEVICES, INC. Employee Reviews

40 year old startup company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 13, 2018
Everyday was a constant struggle to show management what auditors gripe about. Government specs said one thing and management did another. I would say that this company is a good learning opportunity but don't expect your position to last long, especially if you have your own ideas. Management just wants "Yes men" around them to follow what their interpretations of mil specs are. If you don't mind going against your own morals then this company is right for you. Management works 24/7 and expects everyone else to do so as well. Health insurance is expensive due to previous leadership and their contracts. Product catalog has alot of errors in it so you cant take historical data at face value. Product inventory is kept at substandard conditions and management expects devices to have pristine performance. Just an utter circus.
Pros
Pay, learning experience
Cons
Micromanagement from leadership, product storage, expensive insurance
The hardest job I worked so far in my career
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 2, 2017
Over the years, I had to train myself on the job. Very little training provided by the company. I learned, reading customer sourced controlled drawings, manufacturing of parts, quality control procedures, some engineering. Parts manufactured, were power hybrids and power semiconductors for military and defense contractors. Fast paced and very stress full. Loved working with engineering, manufacturing, and quality control personnel.