SOLLiD Cabinetry

Working at SOLLiD Cabinetry: 36 Reviews

United States36 reviews

employeepayplacemanagementcompanyworkingjobwork

Us vs. them mentality

Huge disconnect between departments with little accountability. Management seems more focused on finding blame than accepting responsibility, which is unhelpful.

Horrible company

Not a good group! The Management there is bias and not fair, there are clicks. If your not part of that group your days are numbered. Stay as far away as you can from the unprofessionals.

SOLLiD Cabinetry insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Great place to work with job perks

SOLLiD Cabinetry is a good place to work. They company has gone above and beyond to provide a great new building. We have a soda machine for unlimited free drinks throughout the day. We have TVS, video games, air hockey and ping pong tables to use during break times. The outside patio is great to utilize during the cooler weather for lunch. They provide a coffee maker, microwaves and refrigerators for anyone to use. The managers are always willing to help and answer questions. They try to cultivate an Outward mindset way of being. Nothing is ever perfect at any job.

Pros

Unlimited daily soda and job security

Cons

weight gain from unlimited soda drinkin

Company needs to revamp upper management.

Oh where to begin? For the most part, upper management is clueless of the procedures and processes of the production flow. As a result of this cluelessness, the production floor supervisors/manager’s hands are tied when trying to make improvements or come up with ideas. Production floor supervisor’s solutions or ideas that have the potential to resolve issues fall on deaf ears. There are a few individuals who have no business being in a position of leadership, specifically in the Assembly Department. Most people are pretty selfish and only care about their own departments, teamwork hardly exists. The Verification department is almost always blamed for issues that should have been resolved long before orders reach that department, a lot of finger pointing, no accountability is owned. There are a couple of floor Managers/Supervisors who are great assets to the company but don’t receive the recognition that they deserve. A lot of employees are unhappy. If appreciation is presented, it is a forced gesture to try and lift the already low morale. They have brought in leaders from a different cabinet company and these leaders are trying to implement procedures from their prior place of employment into Sollid and its failing which is causing longer lead times. They have lost a lot of good employees and continue to do so. Sollid has the potential to be a great company, but the leadership team needs to open their eyes and listen to those who have been there for many years.

Pros

Soda dispenser in the breakroom?

Cons

Benefits, Pay, and management.

Good work/life balance

Easy going place, management could use some work but chill place to work. None judgment place, we can talk to our co workers easily, everyone stays busy

Just ok

It was a cool place to work. Most employees were helpful to get you started. Got the hang of building cabinets, but management would put you in areas you had no business being in.

Pros

Cons

Long time employees tend to look down on the new.

Good hours. Bad pay. Bad employees

I really liked this job when I first started a few months ago but it's gone downhill. Everyone only cares about themselves and let's employees get away with everything! You can just not show up for a week and come back like nothing happened. Pay isnt worth all the hard work and stress we have to deal with on a daily basis. I also have to work Saturdays sometimes and we're supposed to be off weekends. Where's the work/life balance?????

Pros

It's not retail

Cons

Long hours. Low pay. Management doesnt care

Not a fun place to work at all. Very toxic, which explains the high turnover rate!

The work place is worst than standing on a pile of fire ants! It will challenge your sanity!! Nepotism is an understatement! One should question why a person who’s been with the company 9-10 years is still doing the same exact thing they were doing when they first started!

Pros

Free water

Cons

Everything, including the bathrooms

Does not care about employees

Greedy company who doesn’t care about or take care of their employees. I worked for SOLLid building a complete intermountain territory for 5 years and got fired unexpectedly by people i thought were my friends. They only care about making money and don’t care which homeowner or employee they burn on the way

Good people

Good whole hearted people, wages are ok hours suck. Managers are cool and are understanding that life happens. If I wasn't moving and living situation was better I'd stay working with them. Definitely recommend!!!

Went to work and did my job.

Don't really have much to say. I went to work and did my job to the best of my ability. Kept my nose down and tried to stay out of the way. Some days were better than others.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Productive and fun work environment

Everyone here is so friendly and helpful. I am continually learning new things and enjoy being here everyday. It feels like an extended family environment. I know that management really cares about each individual employee.

Caring management, supportive of the individual, awesome employees!

Worked here since 2013, going on 7 years. Management has been innovative in providing training using "The Outward Mindset" book from the Arbinger Institute. If you want to grow and improve in your work experience, this is the place to be. I love how we stand behind our product. I am proud to be an employee of SOLLiD Cabinetry.

Pros

Caring staff

Busy fun place to work, good pay

This place is really busy, steady hours even during the COVID-19 crisis. New Director of Operations has really improved production and work environment. Always something to do and management really listens to floor employees and looks to improve.

Pros

Mainly M-F and good pay

Cons

Warehouse can be hot in the summer

Outstanding company

I’m happy to work here at SOLLiD and the more you put in the more you get out! The management is extremely effective and is always there for me! I can go to three or four managers and all will help me, whether it’s during 7- 5 or after hours or on Saturday. Just an overall professional job where you feel that Family, from the get-go.

Workplace

The job wasn’t very hard and the pay was decent. Overall I like the employees of this company and environment. The hours are not bad. Generally a decent place to work.

Nepotism

I found the management here to be abusive and manipulative. Loved the job itself. Fast paced and I learned something new everyday. The compensation for my promotion actually put me making less and working more. The company is growing but they are still thinking small.

Toxic

From the top down it's toxic. Do as I say, not as I do environment. Supervisors are balls of stress due to top management/ownership. Religious influenced self improvement class is mandatory. You get plenty of overtime but you don't have a choice. Typical day is crazy because management does not seem to know what they are doing. Shipping and receiving seem to be the only areas that have it together.

It's okayish... wouldn't recomend tho

First off your training sucks. The chick they have training the builders trains you in "her" way of doing things when their are better, faster and easier ways to do things. More often than not tho she will be off doing other things and not helping or training you. The pay system sucks. They use a broken point system that does not work in your favor unless you build a ridiculous amount of cabinets. You will get hourly more often than piece rate. They expect you to be lightning fast and make no mistakes what so ever. The owner is an idiot The management has no clue Work is slow and comes to a stop often cuase they can't keep their production online and running smoothly for more than a day or 2. Constant rule changes and removal of rights and privileges. Your their to work and nothing more. It's a good in between job or a starting point but I wouldn't recomend being here long.

Toxic

Low pay and long hours. $14.00hr for heavy lifting and working like a dog. Management is ridiculous. Looking for zero mistakes. Will never happen. They do min training

Pros

Cons

Multiple

Bottom of the Barrel Kind Of Employer

Illegal wage/labor and business practices, gender and ethnicity discrimination, extremely religion biased, harassment and misconduct, president favoritism, below market wages, safety is below OSHA guidelines and felons welcome.

Pros

Cons

Environment, Management, Wages, Embezzlement and Non Compliant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOLLiD Cabinetry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits