Solstice Sunglasses Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Most of the staff is nice except for certain people
Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIJuly 16, 2018
Great at providing customer service but not the best work environment to be in. Hard place to grow as an employee because certain people in management won't even attempt to help you.
Pros
comission
Cons
bad management
Proceed with Caution
Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 4, 2018
Great exposure to fashion trends and high end fashion brands. Management struggled to manage stores properly and stores were closing all over the place. Hopefully the business plan has shifted and they are no longer opening stores in not prime locations.
Great Enviorment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 23, 2018
Great Enviorment to work in and also great upper management. I was a partime keyholder i had to do a quick invetory every night real simple. It was a competive enviorment meeting your sales goal and trying to be at the top every week. They offer competive pay for all postions.
Pros
Pay, paid time off
Cons
hours, sometimes opening and closing by yourself
only in school or 2nd job this would work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 22, 2018
Working at a job that ask for more then what they are willing to pay and they build a system where they can fire you any second without reason makes working there very uncomfortable.
Pros
You can get discounts
Cons
they can fire if they feel like with out a reason
Fun, Benefits, Stressful
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIMay 18, 2018
The most interactive culture to work in for retail I've been apart of, an awesome online and hands on training program, great discounts and incentives. Extensive product knowledge and a small work environment with sometimes stressful traffic can be over whelming but a great support team and internal communication Solstice provides.
Pros
Benefits, incentives, bonus, great training program
Cons
Hectic work environment, stressful
Fun selling sunglasses..!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job certainly was selling sunglasses. I learned so much working for Solstice Sunglasses not only about the product but also about the operational aspect of the company. The hardest part of the job was to process transfer and receiving of product in the front of the house at the register instead of having portable tools for it to be done in the backroom. Unfortunately I would have to say that Management training, Management and HR was very disappointing..!!!
Growth needed
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 25, 2018
The company struggles like many other retail companies. There are many rumors as to what the future of Solstice may actually be. For now the jobs are secure, but the future is not.
Pros
Freedom with work.
Cons
Unclear futre
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
I loved my manager and only left because I got a higher paying job. Everyone on our team were great sales people that I enjoyed working with. I would definitely recommend anyone to work there.
Not an equal accountability employer
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 13, 2018
I worked at Solstice for 4 years. I was promoted to store manager and carried my store due to lack of individual accountability of my team. One of my biggest issues was “how” to hold unproductive staff accountable. I had staff members who consistently failed to meet their minimum SPH or Sales goals and received written warnings month after month but were never truly held accountable and thus remained on staff. As the store manager I was held solely accountable for the store to make monthly/annual sales plans. I believe it is the job of the DM to support the needs of the store manager and I don’t feel that the DM’s do what they should in that regard.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours, pay, staffing
Fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAApril 1, 2018
Loved my manager, loved my coworkers just left due to relocation. It can be slow sometims but in the summer it picked up and was nice. Lots of things to do on down time, the company needs to pay better and compete for the area
Pros
Good hours, closed on holidays
Cons
Needs to be higher pay, company needs to meet living standards
Room for promotion, fun, and always meeting new people
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 1, 2018
Solstice is a great company for work for there was always fun contest, great management, and more ! I been with the company for 5 years for a reason they take care of their people and that’s what I loved the most.
Pros
Bonus, discounts, great management
Cons
Retail work/balance sucks :(
You won't get rich here
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 26, 2018
I was a Keyholder where the job itself was very easy. For your best results, make sure you get a manager who has an ounce of ambition - I didn't. He would leave for lunch at 1pm and come back around 4pm. Traffic at the store I was at was varied, but usually extremely slow. The company expects you reach a certain Sales Per Hour, but if you work any shift during the day traffic is so slow you weren't going to make it. If you bust your tail, jump your co-workers to get sales and make your sales goal you will earn - ready for this - ONE HALF OF ONE PERCENT of what you have sold. This means, for example, if you reach your goal of $8,500, your "bonus" would be $42.50 for that month. Woohoo! Keyholders were eventually cut back to about 16-18 hours per week.
Pros
Easy-going atmosphere
Cons
Too few hours, horrible bonus structure
Good company
Store/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 19, 2018
This is a good company to work for as a store manager you get benefits and are in control of your schedule nothing different from any other retail manager job
Cons
Hours
Had a family emergency, got fired
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2018
One day before being able to become full time, I was fired for my mom was having medical issues and had to leave 15 minutes early. The other person to relieve me showed up late, but I didn't want anything bad to happen to my only family member left and I had told the other person all of this information and they still showed up late. HR had a bad attitude when I explained my situation, blamed me and told me I don't deserve to work for the company. Management didn't care either. The absolute worst company to work for.
10+yrs
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 7, 2018
I was a multi store manager for Solstice for over 10yrs. Selling sunglasses was the best part and having a small team in a boutique environment was always a pleasure as well. Upper management (District Managers and RMs) had a high turn over and were very unprofessional. They hold store managers accountable to unrealistic expectations. The stores barely ever achieved plan even with excessive discounting. Bonuses and commission was not anything to look fwd too as well.
Pros
Discounts on great Sunglass collection.
Cons
Upper management
Slow paced & cut throat
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
There's barely any clients who come into the store and when there is, it's as if you're standing in a shark tank. The best thing is the store opened pretty late and closed fairly early.
Boring, slow-paced
Retail Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJanuary 7, 2018
Management was completely unorganized. Corporate lacked communication to the stores. Extremely high turnover rate with employees. Under-payed and overworked.
Fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJDecember 31, 2017
I enjoyed working here, I met new people everyday. I was hired as a supervisor/ key holder. The hardest part about this job was when people would steal from the company.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no insurance offered.
Would not recommend this job to anybody
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 11, 2017
For a little sunglass company it is not organized an company. Technology is not up to date with them. Always a challenge to fulfill a customer demands with store restrictions
Pros
The pay is okay
Cons
Where to start????
All about money don't care about employees and their families
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 9, 2017
Started off good until recently when all they did was different promos week after week which reduced sales because customers waited until the next good promotion came along. No ability to order for customers and have send to store. Black out means no request time off during summer and winter. Lack of time for family. Pulling open to close shifts due to turn over and no support to hiring. No local manager to depend on. Time zone difference made it hard to get help when needed. Don't count on getting a raise every year i didn't. Takes forever to get repairs taken care of. Traffic Counter means 1 sale for every 10 customers. Must make at least store average or expect constantly being written up. Health benefits not accepted at many locations for drug, medical and vision.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No support. You are on your own.