Solstice Sunglasses Employee Reviews

Competive and busy on weekends.
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 22, 2019
At Solstice if it is a weekday the day is usually slow-paced, the team focuses on cleaning the store to prep for busy weekends. The store sets up promos and marketing signs for the weekend.
Company is struggling and closing stores
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 18, 2019
Good discounts
If full time, benefits are great
Company is struggling.
150 stores to now 73 stores.
Very concerning. Support from the DM and RM is terrible
Pros
Discounts, free pair after 3 months
Cons
Bonus program hard to hit, company is very disorganized, structure is bad.
Fun Workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2019
The only issue I had with this job was no room for advancement. Great for a high school or college kid looking to earn extra bucks. Not suitable to make a living.
College/High school job
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 12, 2019
Good job if you are in college. Pay is $12/hr for key holder position. Management is ok. Don't give you a ton of hours. Don't expect to get a raise under 1 year of being employed there.
Slow pace store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 6, 2019
If you didn't work the closing shift on Saturday and all day Sunday there was no way you could make your personal sales goal.
SM was the only full time position. Not enough key holders
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Lack of coverage
Lots of free time!
SELLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2019
Goal oriented sales. Normally slow due to sunglass hut being a couple stores down. I learned how to sell products and make the customer fall in love with the product. Hardest part of the job was not achieving sale goals and most enjoyable part of my job was making the customer happy.
Great for those who enjoy retail management
Co- Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILFebruary 18, 2019
This job was a good job for someone looking to stay in retail management. Training was very thorough and helpful. Some issues with upper management, but other than that it was a pretty good place to work at.
Productive job
Lead keyholder/ Co-manager (Current Employee) –  Waikele, HIFebruary 12, 2019
Its a great experience to move up quickly and the workers are the best to work with, we do teams sales, and everybody is very reliable we have always helped each other when needed and always team work.
a fun workplacce
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 28, 2019
• Customer’s service.
• Cash Handling and restocking
• Answering emails.
• Assisted and handling all customer issues.
• Making connections with customers.
My experience at Solstice
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  University, FLJanuary 7, 2019
A typical work day, slow. I learned about sunglasses, organization, and money skills. i worked alone a lot so not much culture, hardest part staying busy.
Pros
discount
Intense, Stressful, and unappreciative
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CADecember 7, 2018
A work day as a keyholder is to push your team to reach their sales quota so the store can reach it as well. If the company could learn to appreciate their employees more it would be an enjoyable place to work at. Our store managers were always stressed out their for they would stress the rest of the team out. The team was always enjoyable to work with and we enjoyed working the holidays and working with our "regular" customers. The hardest part of our job would be trying not to stress on the days we hadn't met our sales quotas. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the team and seeing the face of customers that would walk away extremely satisfied with our hospitality and products.
Slow
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLNovember 2, 2018
There are high goals, but not enough clients or foot traffic to make it. There can be 1-3 hours where no one will enter the store. The shifts are 4-6 hours long.
Pros
Spif, time and a half, 10 mins breaks
Cons
no real benefits and upper management feels like they are just there to work
snacking through ou the day
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXNovember 1, 2018
Demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise and ready for sales events. work the cash register, check for inventory. Receive payments in cash or check form. Actively seek customers in the store assuring to build a productive trust relationship with customers. Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options. Handle returns of merchandise and cross sell products. Comply with inventory control procedures. Suggest ways to improve sales as well as Answer the store telephone
Pros
better communication
Cons
short breaks
High end retail sales postion
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 28, 2018
A laidback high end sales product environment. Everything is off a whim and not planned as a coporation. Enjoyed being able to work 365. PTO is great. If you have a great manager to work with you will thrive. You need to be a self starter with a drive to motivate your sales team. Enjoyed working with people. Hardest part is finding professional new hires. Company is just like any retail job with high turnover.
Pros
Open 365 even on holidays. Benefits for managers are great. PTO.
Cons
30 minutes breaks for 8 hrs. Open 365 which managers are required to work.
Terrible
SELLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLSeptember 27, 2018
Solstice was a horrible company to work for. They all these promises when you are hired and you never see any results. The offer a sign on bonus as well as a bonus for referring new employees. I never saw the money for either of those things even with all requirements met. When employees did not receive payments for contests they had won or gift cards they were supposed to receive, that employee had to constantly email people about them still to no result. Over all this company is complete trash and I would not recommend anyone work for them.
Productive and Fun!
Arizona Mills Circle - Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Working at Solstice was intimidating at first, but you quickly learn to adapt to the retail environment in a fun, laid back work space! When I say laid back, I mean it's slow in terms of traffic so you have lots of down time to upkeep store appearance, and do other things. We keep daily, weekly, and monthly goals, not just for sales but for many things! It helps get in a good mood for work and sets a high standard for our customers as well! The hardest thing about this job was adapting to a corporate retail company, as I've only worked in smaller businesses. Definitely the most fun about this job was trying on all the high end glasses! You learn a lot about brands, fashion, and faces, so get ready!
Pros
Lots of time to do other work
Cons
On your feet all day
small area with little room
stock manager (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CASeptember 10, 2018
depending on the day it could be relaxing and calm. A different day, it could be tension running high. Good attitude of employee's. Management is good.
Pros
friendly customers, gitty conversation
Cons
can not speak of my own free will on changes
its not great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanatoga, PAAugust 14, 2018
the management was basically never there and if they were they were just sitting in the back room doing nothing. sales goals were overly competitive and there was no payout for meeting them, no incentive.
Each day was a day to drive the business to higher stamdards
Store Manager/Field Training Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2018
I liked the company but I felt is was not strong with in it own products and it made a lot of promises that were not kept. IU had also felt that if a company has its people in each location they should be heard on there feelings of what there store was strong in and weak with.
Most of the staff is nice except for certain people
Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIJuly 16, 2018
Great at providing customer service but not the best work environment to be in. Hard place to grow as an employee because certain people in management won't even attempt to help you.
Pros
comission
Cons
bad management