Solstice Employee Reviews

Bad company to work for
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 10, 2019
Bad Manger do not care for employee, lots of lies
Never tell the truth
Nothing Good about the place
Can't keep a good Staff because don't take care of there Employees
Pros
Cons
All the time lies
Incompetent people torturing plants! These guys are clueless.
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 26, 2019
These numbskulls have broad mites, russet mites, aphids, fungus gnats, whiteflies, powdery mildew, and a host of other problems that no self-respecting cannabis producer should ever have (ever).
Solstice epitomizes everything that's wrong with i-502. These cats grow straight garbage.

The cognitive dissonance inside these people's heads must be deafening!

The turnover rate of employees there is staggering, probably because management is so utterly & completely incompetent. I was literally dumbfounded at what I witnessed during my 2 weeks working alongside these clowns.

After three decades of growing award-winning cannabis seeing what was going on there literally made me want to cry.
Those plants are being tortured!
Tortured, I say!!!!
To make matters worse, the majority of the employees currently working at Solstice are supremely unlikable. Victim culture, safe spaces, and leftist ideologues rule this place.
Work there if you like being around a bunch of miserable Marxist weirdos with clown-colored circus freak hair, neck tattoos, dozens of face piercings, and huge chips on their shoulders.
What are they like? They're busy bodies and gossips who apparently have nothing better to do than chatter like old women at a hair salon and start petty conflicts over nothing. Honestly, it's like a High School up in there!
Real talk: at Solstice you can be an absolutely worthless and incompetent employee who hasn't a clue about horticulture, but if you get chummy with the shift leads, you'll be in their club ... however... if you don't want to play those sorts
  more... of juvenile games, you should probably stay away from this place. No one here cares whether or not anyone knows anything about growing quality cannabis (b.t. dubbs, that's why Solstice is currently the laughingstock of the WA cannabis industry). They may as well hire unskilled Mexican illegals anyway, cuz they pay people rock bottom minimum wages (currently they HAVE TO pay employees16 per hour because they're FORCED TO by a Seattle City Ordinance).
But, it's not a livable wage by any stretch of the imagination. Let's speak plainly and not kid ourselves, friends.
And here's one more red flag: I could not find a single employee working at Solstice who had been there longer than 5 months. This is perhaps thee most miserable company in the entire miserable industry which is WA Rec Cannabis.

They should stop torturing those poor plants, fall on their knees, and beg Mother Nature for forgiveness.
Pros
They'll probably go bankrupt soon. No one wants their product because it's garbage.
Cons
They're not out of business yet, so they're still tormenting thousands of plants.
pour pour mangement
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 15, 2019
Cutting labor and giving loyal employees the boot is hardly a positive aspect. Never been in a more hostile environment in my life. Management, or lack of takes away employees to cut costs while the residents suffer. There lack of managing their business was almost comical at times. They were not paying there bills. Power turned off etc. So rather than holding the idiots responsible who did it they cut service to the residents...
Pros
hours
Cons
really
Best Job in Town
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Hood River, ORDecember 11, 2018
Solstice is definitely the best food service job in town. With a relaxed atmosphere, great food, and a sense of family, once someone becomes part of the SolCrew it is rare they leave.
Learn
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAOctober 26, 2018
I personally learned a lot from working here because of the management I had. I worked with people that helped me see my flaws and my advantages which helped me grow. A typical day working at Solstice was on the sales floor selling and up selling high end sunglasses. You get to learn more about sunglasses and their quality.
Lacks a team environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 27, 2018
Nice people to work with. Even the managers and supervisors are friendly. The organization is just very disorganized. Things change without letting you know ahead of time. They do get lots of complaints, which I can manage. Unfortunately these complaints are mostly due to other employees not informing customers of right procedures, or other associates not putting notes, or removing them of certain options.
Pros
Steady 40 hours
Cons
Organization
Confortable
Doorman/Security (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
The job is very confortable you get to sit in a confortable chair, the tenats are very nice with all the employees and I can’t say anything bad about it but i think it would be better if the salary is higher and more benefits
Pros
Bonus every year and you get Christmas greetings
A mess
Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2018
They're growing too fast and lack the structure to deal with it. The "culture" they advertise is a facade, and the path to advancement is unclear and impossible to navigate.
Company In Transition
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 3, 2018
Solstice made the transition from a cannabis producer and processor in the medical market to a cannabis producer and processor in the recreational market. This was a transition from few regulations and taxes to excessive amounts of both.

To successfully make this transition, it was necessary for the character of the company to change from a casual group of clever and motivated enthusiasts growing cannabis to a business in a competitive marketplace. Standards, clear operations procedures, organization structures, regulations, documentation, and infrastructure would be created and/or drastically revamped in order to compete as a business and add what stability can be had in a volatile market. Yet the passion and camaraderie needed to be protected less Solstice risk losing its heart.

With enthusiasm and lofty ideals, Solstice first tried to make a headlong rush towards being a recreational producer and processor without building the foundation of a business mentioned above. The effort left them in a difficult situation, but with a clear realization of the necessity of that organizational foundation.

When I began working for Solstice it was just before this inflection point of realization. It was a difficult time for the company, as they were forced to scale back, reflect, and do some hard re-evaluations of goals and what must be done to reach them. Then the slow process of retroactively instituting the organizational foundation of a business in an existing business -- putting the horse back in front of the cart, so to speak.

I left Solstice because it would
  more... be a long time before my expertise would be needed again. My operations were effectively halted while other departments were revamped. However, when I left Solstice was making significant (more importantly stable) steps towards their goals. And I have confidence in their eventual success.  less
Pros
A dedicated and motivated group of managers
Cons
Tumultuous transition can leave you feeling unsure what you should do with yourself
Slow weekdays
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 27, 2018
The week days were slow and the only time you would be busy is if there was a sale or holiday. I learned to be organized and how to make decisions on my own.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Avoid this place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2018
Managment is poor the product is terrible no real advancement oppertunities if you have experience in the industry AVOID this place. This start up wont survive
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Terrible product poor mangement no advancement oppertunites
Stressful and boring while the store is slow.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 14, 2018
Very limited room for growth.
Manager steals sells, causing associates to have less hours per week.
Disconnect from superiors and associates, lack of motivation from management.
Compensations very low.
loved working with the community
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Alfed FloridaApril 5, 2018
the company moved on and I went to camping world. working with new walk in looking for a new home, doing computer work, going out into community helping residents, making sure other employee doing their job lawn, golf coarse etc.
Pros
lived in community
Cons
no cons
Great place, loved it!
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 2, 2018
Wish I could have worked there longer, unfortunately they are still a growing company and can only afford so much staff during the off season. Best of luck!
super chill
PT keyholder (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 5, 2017
loved working here; yes you have to learn a lot about sunglass and the different bands. You always have goals that you want to make. selling skills have to be really good it not as easy as it looks to sale high end brands.
Pros
super willing to work with your work schedule
It’s low wage entry job
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2017
Sales were respected more then people. Performance was not compensated. Management was demanding instead of team building. Low wage/raise, but it all depended on the store. Some stores are totally opposite.
Pros
Discounts on sunglasses
Cons
Poor management, poor wage, poor team ethic
Staff gets over worked but learned alot about the hotel industry and still absolutely loved my job
Front Desk Associate/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 4, 2017
Coulda used a more motivated manager or atleast added on training an assistance management roles to help comply with the demands of this new branch that growing rapidly and also expanding in size soon. Despite all the good we sometimes had to deal with a negative attitude the boss had but it actually is a great hotel and industry to grow and advance into as a career
Pros
Enjoying assisting guests and style of hotel
Cons
One to many owners
Company was unprepared for scale of growth
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2017
I found that the company was unable to maintain a secure pipeline of products based on both quality and quantity. This made it almost impossible to achieve revenue goals and and grow business in a very competitive market.
Pros
Great people, Popcorn machine, able to work independently
Cons
Meeting based leadership with not a lot of follow through
Relaxed work environment
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAAugust 11, 2017
This job is extremely relaxed very little work to do but plenty of time to do it. Management can get on your nerves like any job but for the most part they are fair with hours pay isn't terrible and the actual work is very easy just have to learn the product and how to sale to customers. Very relaxed job
Pros
Part time schedule for those in school $13 hourly for key holders and self regulated
Cons
Only part time hours no advancements in state a lot of theft
Exciting Experience with Cannabis
Order Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2017
Solstice was a really great company for the short time that I was there. I was an Order Fulfillment Specialist. My duties were distributing company product to customers, accountability for the product and revenue on deliveries, processing, packaging and labeling various company products such as flower, pre-rolls, and concentrates.

The culture was full of fun loving and caring employees in all departments. The hardest part of the job, was being laid off.
Pros
Industry Discount, Company Stipend, Life and Health Insurance, 401k, Vacation, Paid Time Off
Cons
No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solstice. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Solstice.

Powered by Comparably