Solvay Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Flexible hours, accomodating to family issues. Team atmosphere.
Trust Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Solvay, NYJune 8, 2019
Solvay Bank is a great place to work. Employee engagement is important to senior management. Flexible hours, friendly atmosphere. Benefits,401K pckg
Pros
Clam bake every June, Holiday party every December, President takes time out of busy day to talk to employees.
Cons
Some technology is behind the times, Merit increases are minimal.
Plenty of room for advancement
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Solvay, NYMarch 29, 2019
I enjoy working for solvay bank. They have a great 401k and health benefits. They do lack in training and staff. I have been there for a little over a year and am finally getting the training I need.
Tellers are important.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Tellers have a lot of responsibility and do not get paid enough. The upper management needs to remember how important this position is since they see the customers first and need to make a good first impression. Keep the tellers happy.
Great People
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Solvay, NYJuly 26, 2018
The employees of Solvay Bank welcome anyone who is new and is always willing to help. The bank puts money back into the community through events and charitable donations. I loved working there.
Pros
atmosphere
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, New YorkMarch 9, 2018
The company has a very strong focus on the customer experience. They care about the community. They are good to their employees, with a strong work/life balance. It is a true community bank, everyone knows each other and has each others best interests in mind. There is very good teamwork between departments, and your development and success are a priority and focus of management.
Pros
Teamwork focused, good culture, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Saturday hours for retail, but that is to be expected
Don’t waste your time
BSR, loan officer (Former Employee) –  Solvay, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Sub-par pay & poor benefits. The medical is awful, but they act like they’re doing you a favor. No bonuses for vast majority of people & poor raises. Top management is out of touch and policies are in place to take advantage of employees. Multiple times I saw people have the same job, but different titles so they could pay someone less. Even small stuff they cheap out on, bring lunch & forget a fork? Hope you can find a random one cause they don’t provide anything. Want to use the Keurig for coffee? Better not use the bank coffee cause it’s not allowed. Napkins? Nope. Plates? Nope. They also have about 25 VPs for 160 employees. They trade on their name and the hard work of past employees from decades ago. Poor technology and no interest in investing in anything new. Do yourself a favor & visit a branch. Look at the ATMs and deposit slips or what it takes to withdraw money. It’s all very dated, if that’s what they present to clients, what do you think they’ll provide to their employees?
Pros
You get an hour for lunch, relatively easy going culture
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits, old tech, upper management lacks critical thinking skills
Politics and drama
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Solvay, NYNovember 15, 2017
Kill yourself for eight hours a day. everyone has been there for 20 years plus so there is no room for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is be able to live on the scraps they give you. Workplace culture is like a cult.
Pros
break
Cons
everything else.
Great place to work for
Banking Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 16, 2016
My typical day at work was helping customers with their accounts.

Opening accounts.

Everyone there worked very well together.

The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done in a days time.

The best part of my job was being able to help everyone.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Productive fun place to work
Mortgage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solvay, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Loved my job and the people. The VP passed away then another co-worker who sat right next to me. Alot of changes were made within the whole department and I think everyone just kinda gave up on their work ethic.
Pros
Great Job, Benefits and Hours
Cons
Alot of people jsut passing away and getting very sick with cancer made it very sad all the time
horrible
Banking Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, NYOctober 31, 2015
Horrible company to work for. Manager doesn't know what shes doing. I did more work than her. Enjoyed the work not the atmosphere.
Community Bank
Indirect Lending Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 16, 2014
Community Bank with significant impact on local market. Indirect loan program for local dealers.
Managed operations, training & sales.
Vice President Residential Lending and Manager (Former Employee) –  Solvay, NYNovember 19, 2013
Managed operations and sales, trained employees in different aspects of the job, most enjoyable part of the job was helping others with different issues that would arise during the course of each day and resolving them together. Increased performance and sales 37%.
Good people to work with
Commercial Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Solvay, NYAugust 1, 2012
Solvay Bank is a good place overall to work. In my position I like not being micro-managed as well as my managers trust my decision making. Some parts of the job are less enjoyable, as one will find anywhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solvay Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Solvay Bank Reviews by Location