Solvay Employee Reviews

good paying job
Chemical Operator/Chemical Packer (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJSeptember 6, 2018
paid well, long hours but cut throat. you have to know someone to move in the company and alot of lay off scares.. but it was good when you get that 7 days off a month.
Pros
paid lunch, knowledge gain, financial gain
Cons
long hours, cut throat, have to know someone to move up in the company
Enjoyed working with co-workers but not environment as a whole
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 26, 2018
Enjoyed working with co-workers but not environment as a whole.

Upper management was disorganized and did not invest in their employees.

Nice company parties
dont waste your time
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 14, 2018
I worked there 7 years, busted my butt the whole time management even said " you are the hardest worker we have" but they will stab you in the back the first chance they get. Im so glad im out of there
Extremely cuthroat, nasty culture
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 8, 2018
Will not take the time to train new employees, instead they will throw you on ongoing projects with minimal help and supervision and expect you to re-invent the wheel and succeed where scores of past employees have previously failed. No feedback, no guidelines, no help. If you don't provide immediate results too bad, you're to blame for all existing organizational and cultural shortcomings: they will throw you under the bus the first opportunity they find and show you the way out. It's such a bad corporate environment it's impossible to put into words, you have to experience it first-hand to believe it.
Pros
Cons
Nasty corporate environment the likes of which you cannot imagine
Productive Workplace
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJuly 26, 2018
Accounts Payable department was great to work for. AP manager was excellent to and was willing to work with you to help solve any issues.

The work environment was great. Everyone concentrated on the job at hand and was willing to help.
Pros
AP Manager was great to work for. Was able to work in a great enviroment.
Back Stabbing Management (Shipping/ Receiving Dept.)
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 19, 2018
Some of the most humble and understanding of one another colleagues you'll be working with are the people who work the floors. The management of this department could careless if the warehouse workers take the bullet for them while they sit in A/C office by simply forging or using unethical methods to finish an order without consent of the warehouse people's company given ID stamps. A Shipping Logistic Coordinator with 5+ years experience who makes 57 out of 70 order mistakes in one day is ridiculous. Management rather see the department fail audit than make a change. If you're not part of their drinking group, good luck!
Pros
Great friends, hardworking, humble people you'll meet here work the floors.
Cons
Back Stabbing, Groupie, Brown Nose Shipping/ Receiving Management
Fun place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJuly 19, 2018
very good place to work
very good place to work
Team oriented
Overall good company culture
a structured learning environment
goal orientated department
Great place to work, great ambianc, great work ethics and culture.
Supply chain/Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2018
I had a great time working at Solvay. Great people, very educated and no politics in the company, very work focused environment. Also had time to have fun, company provides personal gym and trainers, massages, and company picnic party and many more..
Solvay
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJuly 5, 2018
Overall, a good experience with the company. Worked in a laboratory setting with a supervisor that trusted me to carry out experiments accurately, efficiently and independently.
Great networking with distributors
Western Region Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 4, 2018
The company is run with strict management and little creativity for the employees. It does offer a lot of travel opportunities and career advancements.
Pros
travel and opportunity to grow
Cons
Micro management
Great place to work.
Machine Operator/Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 2, 2018
Very good place to work if you don't mind putting in the amount of hours the job requires. The only reason I regrettably had to quit was because of health & family issues that forced me to move from that area. What a shame, because there was plenty of opportunity to advance for ambitious employees.
Is a decent place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJune 14, 2018
While working at Cytec/Solvay I learned a lot about lock out tag out. Safety culture is a must at Solvay. The pay and benefits are really good also.
Fair
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 11, 2018
I worked for this company for a few years and I love it. They are fair and really care about employees. They have a survey for employees and actually act on the weaknesses found from the surveys.
interning
Production Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 6, 2018
Good company with lots of opportunities for involvement and learning. Pay is good and people are genuine. Lots of recent turnover due to company buy out.
Lots of stairs
MECHANIC-SENIOR (Former Employee) –  Green River, WYMay 23, 2018
Ok place to work , if you’re in the buddy section , I stay on my own side off the fence if you know what I mean. Safety stayed on that side to , some people can do little , some no
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Buddy’s
over extend employees
I/E Manager (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMay 9, 2018
Over extend employees due to not enough resources. Too many goals and tasks make it hard to do actual day to day role. Life to work balance is lacking
Stressful long hours....
Technician (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCApril 22, 2018
Company didn't listen to their employees on a regular basis. Favoritism was the main reason I would not suggest this company to a friend. If they ever invest in a better manager they company could thrive.
Very productive and great people
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Green River, WY 82935April 12, 2018
Very great managment and team work! great training and very safety oriented! I would have loved to be a full time employee instead of a temp. Everything about that plant was amazing
Pros
safety
Cons
no cons
Great Company
Multi-Site Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 31, 2018
Solvay is a great place to work. I greatly miss being part of such a collaborative, educated and knowledgeable management team. If offered the opportunity, I would return.
Great place to learn
Level A Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILMarch 23, 2018
I learn so much here about chemicals, safety reactions state and local laws dealing with chemicals and how they work in the environment I also learn different machinery but most of all I learn how to be great!!!!!
Pros
U 2stch over yourself alot
Cons
Switching from night to days every month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solvay. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about