Soma Intimates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 19, 2018
Loved working here great customer service. Fun job. Learned a lot from this job. Great working experience. Absoulutely loved everyday at work. Most difinitly.
Pros
Everthing
Cons
There are no cons at th8s job
Great Place to Work if staff wasn’t so unfriendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 14, 2018
Soma is a very good company—good benefits, friendly customers, and is very organized. I just wish that the people they hired weren’t so biased and unfriendly. They take advantage of and are extremely rude to lower level associates, yet have a hypocrisy level of about 100%. The women there just need to be reminded that everyone starts on the bottom, including them, and to be mindful that this is a professional environment—not a place to be rude and disrespectful to lower level employees.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Bad employees; need higher wages
Welcoming Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 1, 2018
Soma is a great place to build skills in sales. You receive a lot of training and support on a regular basis. There aren't any benefits for part time employees, but they are pretty flexible and open to working with you on hours
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no benefits for part time employees
like every other retail job
Sales lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJune 29, 2018
I worked as a key holder as soma intimates. On a regular day I had to do basic operational work like open and closing store, fixing fixtures, overseeing sales associate, and make sure we hit our daily goal to help store goal . It was an ok job. there was no work and life balance and my specific store never had a permanent manager. assistant manager failed to step up as a leader, too passive. One piece of advice I would give to soma is to choose their workers wisely.
Pros
great working with the customers
Cons
high turn over rate/ need to increase pay for the amount of work load
Amazing!
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 26, 2018
I feel so lucky to wake up and WANT to go to work everyday. I have worked retail a long time and have made a career in the industry. Its so rewarding and empowering to make all my customers look and feel their best. Its an intimate selling atmosphere and you really connect with customers. Im fortunate to have passionate leaders and coworkers in my region and im the happiest ive ever been. Hard work does pay off and i can thank Soma for my success!
Pros
Positive environment, benefits, room to grow in the company
Cons
Employee turn
Very flexible but has a lot of room for growth.
Sales Lead, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 25, 2018
I've worked for Soma going on the better half of a decade as both an Associate and a member of their Retail Management Team as a Sales Lead. The product is fantastic, the coworkers on a cohesive team are irreplaceable, and the opportunity to change a customers literal life with a proper fitting bra is a fantastic experience. The company overall has some serious flaws. Having been with company and a top performer I can say that the company does not pay accordingly and they take advantage of their almost exclusively female staff. The only raises I have received within the company have been because minimum wage was raised and they were literally forced to pay me more. They do not offer raises based on performance, merit, or longevity within the brand. If they promote from within they pay $1-3 less then recruited candidates from outside the company which is disheartening. The company would also benefit from having a third party survey employees to evaluate and grow the brand. We only recently began offering shwag and brand loyalty products like our primary competitor and that has been a huge miss within the brand as well as a general lack of product diversity. Every bra should be offered in every style, size, and color even if the on hand product cannot accomodate this it should be something that can be ordered. We could see huge overall growth from improving these sectors. Also being a primarily female staffed company that services a large female customer base we have zero maternity benefits, educational support, or just other key support features you would aniticpate out of a  more... company that triest to present itself as so progressive.  less
Cons
Pay, Growth Opportunities
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOJune 23, 2018
busy day, great commission. god teamwork, learned a lot on the job.
Hardest part was probably dealing with customers and return policies.
Easiest was the joy of pleasing customers and making them feel comfortable.
Very fun working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAJune 8, 2018
Enjoyed working with everyone, very bubbly. The management team was very hands on in teaching and being able to teach in a way that worked for me. They knew how to make the job fun but still be extremely professional.
it was fine
Shift Lead/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJune 5, 2018
it was fine it was a good job i liked it they paid me money it was nothing speacial it was just a job it was cool that they paid me money to work there
good overall
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 5, 2018
Great training program and provides excellent customer service which is main objective of the company. quality products designed with the customer in mind. pricing is competitive and inline with quality of products. Hours given to accomplish tasks and provide great service was not optimum. higher pay should be given to employees based on work demand and service offered.
Commisson
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland Village, TXMay 30, 2018
Soma is very big on customer experience and building connections with customers. When you sell items that are personal like intimates it is priority to make a customer feel welcomed and appreciated no matter what size they may be and Soma is very focused on that. It's great you earn extra money off commission. If you know the product is it easy to sell and make extra money. They have great benefits and options for every individual.
Exciting place with daily challenges
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 15, 2018
This truly is a fun and great company to work for. Daily tasks include analyzing reports, keeping track of sales, helping customers with their needs, keeping store standards up, and boosting store morale. I learned basic retail lingo such as KPI, ADS, SPH, UPT, and other metrics, along with how to engage and convert a customer from "just looking" to "yes, I NEED this!". The hardest part of the job is converting customers and driving external traffic. At least it was for me. The best part of the job is when a customer returns, recognizes you, and reengages with you about her life and her new needs. It's also fun to see your co-workers learn and grow along with growing yourself.
Pros
Fast paced work environment, good staff morale, generous pay with benefits for full time
Cons
Can be very competitive, high standards with unattainable expectations, and little direction for certain events/tasks.
Soma is the best brand to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 13, 2018
I've had a number of coworkers move over to Soma from the other brands, and each are very happy they made the move. We are a very welcoming brand, with tough but fair leaders who push and motivate their teams to grow.
Pros
On site day care, on site free gym, onsite food trucks from time to time, career advancement
Cons
pay increases are minimal, even when getting a promotion.
Decent Workplace
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 1, 2018
Working at Soma was fun until I transferred to the outlet. It really is a total different environment coming from a Front-line store. The company should for sure change some things up.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Lack of hours/Management
A great part time job
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2018
I loved being able to assist women in finding exactly what they needed. Being in a selling position was my favorite part of working with the company, as well as the employee discount.
Ok for a part time job but not much else
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 24, 2018
Doesn't pay a competitive wage, workplace culture expects a lot for little money and unacceptable benefits. Company keeps switching directions and their technology is far behind the rest of the industry.
Soma intimate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 20, 2018
Excellent job experience. 😄😄😄it was a relaxing working environment. Outstanding employees and customers.i loved every minute of it. Currently seeking to come back!!!!!🌺🌺🌺🌺
Wonderful workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 11, 2018
Typically the work i have at soma is not demanding at all and its not hard to maintain the store or relationships with the employees or managers at all. i never had any problem with anyone and the only issue is maybe miscommunication between the customers and the return policy although it is pretty self-explanatory.
Pros
Friendly employees, great discounts
Cons
not too much coverage
a lot of change
Merchant (Current Employee) –  FLApril 6, 2018
We've undergone a lot of change since I joined the company, but all for the better. Because we have 3 brands under one roof, there's a lot of room for growth both lateral and promotion.
Pros
on-site Day care, on-site free gym, on-site nurse/flu shots, People, Growth
Cons
It's retail... cons are the same everywhere. Work/life balance is always going to be an issue, but you learn to work around it.
No leadership.. no back round checks expected to learn by trial and error. High turnover...
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 2, 2018
Terrible place to work. No management or leadership. Are forced to learn duties, procedures and tasks by trial and error rather than training. Unable to retain staff so operating store alone is fairly common and is completely unrealistic and unprofessional.
Expect also to be unable to take breaks despite hours worked due to no staff.
very inflexible with days or hours worked even with advanced notice.
Pay is poor despite responsibilities and tasks expected.
District Manager is a bully to management
Pros
Cons
Low pay, stress, poorly run and managed