Soma Employee Reviews

Enjoy working for this Company
Head Sales (Manager Of Customer Experience) (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 17, 2019
All in all good company love what I do and really enjoy helping my customers. I love how we build them up and really empower them. It's such a beautiful thing.
Pros
Discount on new items
Cons
More Promotions
Very enjoyable work.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 12, 2019
Customer service has always been my favorite part of the retail environment. With Soma it took it a step further, and allowed individual, personal time to spend with each customer. I believe if a full time position had been available I would have stayed on with the company.
overall ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2019
its a nice company, but don't like that they will cut hours due to the overall sales for company. they will do that on a monthy basis which makes it difficult.
Learning environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa MesaJune 5, 2019
Quiet difficult and slightly overwhelming but over all fun family feeling environment. I love the support you receive from district managers and General managers . To move up in company make sure you're ready to put in work it's not easy but the kind sweet customers that are so thankful for your help makes it worth it .
Pros
Pretty much almost everything
Cons
At moments overwhelming
Home away from home
Style expert (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 18, 2019
I love working for a brand that values my development. Upper management supports my leaders and myself. I love our customer and find satisfaction in problem solving for her and giving her options that allows her to feel beautiful. I love that the brand embraces the current culture of Omni and my feedback matters. It is a challenge at times recruiting but the there is a bonus plan. You earn what you put into it. That is fair. When you do what you love the money comes.
Pros
Recognition, bonus, sisterhood, enpowerment
Cons
Need More FT opportunities in the field
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 15, 2019
Soma is a good place to work. Everyone is friendly and it feels good to be able to put a smile on customers faces.
The hardest part of the job was the pay.
The purpose/ mission was great in theory however the management I was under was a joke
Key Sales of intimate/ lounge wear (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23235April 24, 2019
I like working there and helping woman that were hard to fit or had issues such as cancer survivors etc...
But the upper management and store managers were horrible and really didn't do their jobs well as far as support or listening to their employees. Often the managers would leave the store for personal reasons and take long lunches
Be ready to have a lot expected of you for no pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 18, 2019
First things first, horrible work/life balance. You are expected to put the store first and do whatever you can for it. Which is NOT realistic for part time workers. If you are sick and need off, good luck. They’d have you come in while your on your death bed. Not sure if that’s due to the lack of employees or the lack of care for others personal lives. Management is kind but it’s all about the money. All about making goals and segments. You will not be paid well, if you like barely above minimum wage this is the place for you. With that being said you will be expected to be a devoted worker and care about the company. Maybe it would be easier to care about the bottom line and making money if I was making money. This store has always had issues with work life balance. Many are working to live. Not living to work.
Pros
Discount on merchandise.
I enjoyed the management team and the benefits.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 10, 2019
The hardest part of this job was staffing. Soma does not pay its employees enough to keep turnover down or to hire truly qualified people.

The management team is really wonderful and supportive and full benefits is a wonderful addition.
Not a great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 10, 2019
The management sucked. It was a fun company to work with at first, but after 6 months I hated it. Manager told me I wasn't allowed to change my availability because she hired me based on it. Sorry I got a second job. There's no place for going up and the managers would gang up on one of the key holders and always say bad things and always stick her with the worst jobs and would never help. Very high school. Also Saturdays with certain managers was absolute he'll. She made me cry so many times. Wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Nice coworkers some of the time
Cons
Short breaks, pay sucked
Exhausting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2019
Working at soma was fun at first, after awhile of working there things just became exhausting. They expected you to do too much for such a little pay. Management, it was fine until things got a little sticky and managers decided to not listen to employees and became very passive with things. Training was definitely hard, had to catch on to a lot of things by myself. Wish it was more mentally challenging. Yet besides the terrible pay, bad training, and passive managers, working with the ladies there was amazing. Everyone is like one big family, that’s definitely something I’m going to miss. Would I suggest working here yes and no. If the pay was better and managers weren’t so passive with their words then yes hands down. This place and these ladies that work here really do help you grow as an individual. Bittersweet.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
It's alright for a retail position, but the drama is overwhelming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 4, 2019
There's a lot of drama, gossip, and arguing. The drama isn't just between associates either. Leads and upper management do plenty of gossiping too. It can be a pain because sometimes you'll come into work and everyone is mad at each other for something, but eventually they will tell you why.

I think the drama gets old after a while, and that's why turnover isn't the greatest. It's not very fun having management that will gossip about you or your coworkers.

The one star rating is because of the drama. If there wasn't any drama, and people were better at communicating, this would be a really fun place to work. The job is super easy, the store isn't that busy, and most coworkers are fun to be with. Even the customers are fun to be around, and the discount is very nice.

An average shift is pretty smooth and goes quickly, unless there's drama unfolding. Then things can get pretty intense.
Pros
Easy, fun coworkers, good discount
Cons
Management, hostility, drama
Typical sales assoicate job, greeting, answering calls, cleaning, shippment, folding and floor-sets
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 28, 2019
Beginning of shift, touch base with manager on duty before entering floor about sale promotions, deals, specials and current team goals for the week.

start cleaning & organizing the signed area that you are in. greet customers and help assist them on what they are looking for and if they need a current fitting.

Offer to start them a fitting room if their hands are getting full or offer them a bag, so they can continue to shop comfortably.

Answer phone calls

Filling the floor when shipment has been procced.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
managers were stealing associate's sales
Positive Place to work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 27, 2019
I loved coming into work every day. This was the first time I could say how I genuinely loved my job. I loved being able to personally interact with each customer and help them feel beautiful. I basically got to shop with customers and make them feel welcomed. All the other associates are just as friendly and will always help you out if needed.
Fun place to work but upper management is horrible
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Michigan Center, MIMarch 26, 2019
Fun place to work. Very fast paced and very customer based but if you are not buddy buddy with your DM then you are screwed. They micromanage their SM and ASM to the point you are like a robot. So many goals to meet that are impossible at times and if you don’t meet them your job is always said to be on the line. I watched as other upper mangenment did things against policy but turn around and fire someone else for doing the same thing . If you enjoy retail it’s a great place but if you don’t like a ton of paperwork and reports and office calls then not the place for u
Pros
Fun energetic place
Cons
No room to grow, low pay, job is always threatened
Iam happy I have worked at Soma Intimates
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 26, 2019
I have only been back in Pittsburgh since May and did not expect to like my job as much as I grew to, the reward of knowing that we are helping women who struggle with breast issues from post surgical, cancer, body changes from old age to motherhood, weight loss etc and helping them to the best of our abilities in what we can provide for them starting from sizes 32A- 44G . It’s not always easy but we do the best we can.
Pros
Seeing women confident and relieved from uncomfort
Cons
Customers can be harsh and lack understanding
needs work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MS 39232March 23, 2019
soma was an easy job, i enjoyed my customers and whagt i did. i didnt not enjoy the favortisim and unfair treatmeant from the store manager. pay was not fair ad i barely got hours.
Pros
discount on nice bras
Cons
low pay no hours bad management
it was alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAMarch 22, 2019
I honestly love the products that Soma sell. They give you a pretty good discount for when you want to buy things. It was a regular retail job. Nothing really different about it.
Super competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 20, 2019
I was incredibly unhappy at the store I worked at. I didn't get scheduled often, and the atmosphere was incredibly cut throat and competitive. The company itself is incredible, but the store I worked for didn't promote or support team work or set up their employees for success. I got text after I put in my notice that I'd single handedly ruined the entire organizational system of the store even though I'd only worked at 3 hour shift that week and didn't even do inventory. It was incredibly disappointing because I truly enjoy SOMA products and what the company itself stands for. The company itself encourages self love and loving yourself.
Pros
company mission
Cons
management
Part-Time Holiday Helper
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 18, 2019
Everyone is a part-time employee, except two store managers who work 40 hours a week to receive insurance benefits. Managers have pressure from corporate to meet sales quotas, which puts pressure on sales consultants to sell, sell, sell! Employment questionnaire is very lengthy and online. Store training is online while in the store, and the rest a person learns by cleaning the store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soma. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss