Soma Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

I enjoy my customers at Soma.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 6, 2018
The type of sales I do is very close and intimate. Most people are very nervous and uneasy about coming in and being fitted for bras. It is up to me to calm their nerves and make them comfortable. I am in charge of making sure that my associates do the same thing with our guests. I love hearing how happy and comfortable my customers are when they leave.
The most enjoyable part of your job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GANovember 7, 2017
Team work , competitive pay, the clothing is outstanding. I truly enjoyed working there. We were all about customer service and sales. We made commissions on our sales as well.
Great product, poor management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 2, 2017
I worked in three different stores due to relocation and store staffing needs, and the last one was the trouble store. The district manager didn't like me from the start, saying I wasn't 'brand-right' because I have tattoos (which I could cover up easily, and did so) and because I wasn't the type of person who shopped at high end stores for my personal items. The products are pretty great, and easy to sell to certain customers, but they don't offer enough discounts for it to be affordable to the rest. The store was left without an SM for months, leaving me to run the store with a couple sales leads and a few associates who had shifts restrictions. I wasn't offered much help either. They care about sales goals and customers, but not the employees.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise, pretty holiday set ups
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals, pressure from upper management, no concern for employees
work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAMarch 13, 2017
The work place was okay to work in. I love helping people so i enjoy that part of my job. Training people to get the job done correctly in my specialty
Pros
worked with school schedule
This job is alright if you need an extra job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 7, 2017
This job is alright if you need an extra job. It is really not a great place to build a career. But, this is my opinion solely. It is another company that really promotes you if you know someone.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 19, 2016
Good work environment with lots of room for growth. They encourage you to have fun while your working and are very customer focused.
Pros
Fun work enviornment
Cons
Bonus structure isn't great
Its the best for retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2016
If you are looking in the retail industry this is honestly the best option. The company really invests in its workers and I mean all from the associates on up.

Con-It's still retail environment meaning working all weekends, small team for call offs. They do their best to try and give you work/life balance but it's the way of the industry not the company.
Eh.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiJanuary 20, 2015
I didnt stand by the product or their methods of selling.
my store ended up closing and they did not offer relocation or transfer.
great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Excellent company and culture. As well as benefits. Can move around other stores such as chicos, white house black market.
great co workers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 22, 2013
I enjoy going to work and meeting new people everyday and working with my fellow associates.I enjoy a positive workplace ,we try to keep it fun on a day to day basis.
Pros
nice discount
Cons
lunch breaks not also an option with little coverage with hours given
A challenging and exciting place to work with a wonderful and caring team.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA May 2, 2013
A typical day? There is not a typical day here. There's always something new and exciting coming down the pipeline. The time flies by when working at the store level. Our team is a wonderful group of women who really care about one another. We all pull together and work hard to get the job done and done right the first time. We are the highest volume store in the district so effective time management and leadership is a must at our location. I enjoy all the challenges that come forth on a day to day basis. It's always different. The hardest part of the job is the constant standing and physical demands. I love working with people and would consider retiring as a regional manager or higher if it wasn't for all the physical demands. My favorite part of the job outside of the ever changing job duties is the people. The customers and my associates alike are truly amazing women.
Pros
Daily challenges, change in duties and always staying busy.
Cons
Short breaks and very physically demanding. Sitting 15 min a day at most.