Soma Employee Reviews

a professional, fun and extremely gratifying place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 14, 2018
I assisted customers daily with measurements and fitting of proper undergarments as well as delivering exceptional customer service. I planned and set team and individual goals. I worked with a managed a management team of four (including myself) and were a great team. Our company believed highly in our product and that was what we deliver to our customers. I had such a passion for satisfying my customers, making them feel beautiful and having them return to our boutique because of the customer service they received.
Pros
amazing training, flexible scheduling, displaying customer service daily
Cons
lower pay scale
Cool for extra money
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2018
Soma is great when you are in need of side money , but they do not guarantee hours. There are weeks that go by and you may not know how to eat or put gas in your car.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Low pay, No hours, 30 minute lunch breaks.
Loved
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 13, 2018
my job was awesome always pretty neww arrivals. talking to people wonderful co workers.

Previous and current job experience, dealt a lot with analyzi
I enjoy my customers at Soma.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 6, 2018
The type of sales I do is very close and intimate. Most people are very nervous and uneasy about coming in and being fitted for bras. It is up to me to calm their nerves and make them comfortable. I am in charge of making sure that my associates do the same thing with our guests. I love hearing how happy and comfortable my customers are when they leave.
What I learned
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
I was dedicated and immersed in my store and my team. I learned to grow and love the company and even changed my life to work around this company. Unfortunately I feel humiliated and rejected after all the hard work and I know it was a company decision to change the structure of the stores due to decrease in sales last year
Pros
Discount being able to use it at Chico's and White House
Cons
Pay for associates, too many stores too close to each other being too competitive and harder to make sales plan
Productive and knowledge able
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day was either fast-paced or slow-paced based on customer traffic in and out the store.
I learned how to be more open-minded and learn about what to do to benefit a customers need.
Management was okay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being more skill knowledge and getting a long with co-workers.
Bad Management will chase away good talent
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTFebruary 21, 2018
Terrible. They treat us like garbage. Every one who is an assistant manger and above act like they run the world when all we do is sell panties. They act like catty school girls when the median age has to be around 52 years old. Sales associates are awesome, Sales Leads are awesome, but that's where it ends. Our customers are also very amazing and some if not most are annoying women who complain about how fat they got after pregnancy. they expect us to run everything from clienteling too expert bra fitting and we don't get paid anything. Sales Associates at H&M make more than me.
Pros
associate discount
Terrible
Operations sales lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Company expects a lot for very little pay. Unless you are SM or ASM you will only get 26/hr a week. They don't care about you, the product a lot of the time is defective. I would not recommend this company. I did have a great team!
Pros
great team
Cons
Everything else
It was fun
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Soma, however, I am not the best sales person they were very patient with me. It is where I found out I am more of a problem solver and dealing with issues then the art of selling.
challenging environment
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 15, 2018
Challenging job but rewarding most days. Many changes in the company but does not seem to impact on store manager level. hardest part is work life balance. you do not get your paid time off paid out to you if you do not use all the days.
cool lay back place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 13, 2018
It was okay working for Soma...the managers sometimes were a little bit all over the place. But the employees were able to try new products at really low prices.
Pros
Get to try the new products for only $10
Cons
Not enough hours nor benefits for part-time employees.
Lack of management, unorganized and lots of favoritism
Sales lead (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 11, 2018
Lack of management, unorganized and lots of favoritism Never a consistent schedule Upper management always changes its focus. Raise of .25% laughable. They are using their tax advantage from trump to pay their shareholders
Okay job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Boring slow and repetitive did it’s a OkY job tho not a good pay rate commission doesn’t seem fair. Very hard to move up to a managers postion as well
Productive and fun workplace
Key Holder/ Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 7, 2018
I was really lucky to have great management and lots of opportunities to advance. I was given challenging but fun responsibilities that made work fun and interesting. The product is also great amazing.
Pros
Great product, great bonus system, fun workplace.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 6, 2018
Soma was an phenomenal place to work.I learned a lot and enjoyed while working there and was afforded the opportunity to grow in the area of customer service
great customer experiences
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSFebruary 3, 2018
Soma was the primary place where I learned that customers value the fact of you knowing exactly who they are. I had one customer in particular that no one at the store ever wanted to work with but she loved me. She would spend over $500 every time she shopped with me just because I would remember who she was and I was patient with her shopping around.
Pros
discount, customer experience, commission
Cons
short breaks, health care
Great people at associate level
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 2, 2018
The company compensation rate is one of the lowest and that caused lots of turnover. Could not compete with even Walmart.
If the compensation were better this would be a great place to work and grow.
Pros
district manager rarely visits
Cons
hard to take PTO, as so many black out days
Soma is a great place to work
Part Time Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 2, 2018
Great discounts/incentives when store and self goals are met. If there is not a position available for you to move up then a promotion is not likely. If a high position does become available they always look to promote a current employee first when it’s deserved/earned.
Cons
Stores are only allowed so many full time employees
Stay Away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 31, 2018
The only people making any money at Soma are the management. Be prepared for short shifts of folding, steaming, hanging, customer outreach and very little time on the sales floor. Short shifts, with heavy workload....very low pay.
Pros
you may get a free item now and then
Cons
short shifts with heavy workloads
productive and fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDJanuary 27, 2018
typical work day changes from day to day which is nice, Learned bra fits, fast paced and fun, as an emphatic person not getting to emotionally involved
Pros
$10 buy ins for new merchandise, great associate discounts
Cons
pay compensation is low they like to promote from within to keep the pay lower

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soma. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss