Soma Employee Reviews

Company is fine
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 30, 2018
I have enjoyed working at soma and learned how to deal with customers. The hardest part of the job was doing bra fits in the beginning. there was a lot to learn.
Working in Murfreesboro Store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 29, 2018
Store was terrible. Management is awful. Not the GM, but the assistant and some others are terrible. Not put well together and will lie on you, and lie to you. Do not work with your hours then make it seem like you are a no call no show. This store is NOT put together and it’s such LOW pay. You get paid barely anything! Not even really enough to pay gas. Trash
Pros
Clocking Out
Cons
Pay, Management, People
Horrible all around
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GADecember 14, 2018
The pay is horrible, the commission is nothing, and you get pretty much zero for working holidays. The management is horrible and it just seems that Soma doesn't really know how to run a business. They don't take care of their employees at all and they're always pressuring us to buy things so we can make our days. Worst of all though is the cliques within the store with younger women. The sale leads are rude and act like they're better than everyone lower than them. Plan to find a new job asap.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Pay, cliques, poor management, short breaks
Fun work environment and family feel amongst coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 7, 2018
I absolutely love working here at Soma and Chicos FAS overall is a wonderful company. (I previously worked at White House Black Market so I am familiar with the company.) At my store location I have a great management team who are great leaders and want us to better ourselves in our work ethic. They care about us and we all get along so it's a great work environment. There are great flexible hours for part time associates which is great if you have a family.
Pros
Learn great sale and work skills, healthy work environment, great company.
Cons
Great environment but terrible wage
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 7, 2018
The amount of information and expertise required for bra fitting & training is greatly looked over in our wage. Most associates are actually paid minimum wage and the assistant managers and sales leads are given a small raise and then that’s where it ends. The bonus system isn’t very motivating, the company reports low days and yet it expects a high sales per an hour. The ceo gets paid top dollar.
Pros
Coworkers, product
Cons
Wage, long hours, corporate
Love Working Here!
SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 6, 2018
I have been working at Soma for over a year now. I love working here! I'm sad to see my location go at Zona Rosa. What makes this place such an awesome job is the people that work with. Having great employees who are also friends makes the job so much easier! I have really bonded with these ladies and Im sad that i won't be able to work with them again. The manager of the store really works with you to make sure your schedule fits your home life. She is very understanding and wants to see you advance within the company.

In fact, All of the store managers want to see their associates advance within the company. Everyone who works for this company is very welcoming and warm. You know they care about you and will do anything to help you during hard times. I really love this company and i dont want to leave them...
Pros
great work environment, Flexible schedule, career advancement
Challenging, fun and often rewarding.
Sales LEAD Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PADecember 5, 2018
Working there was often rewarding and opportunity for advancement is possible. Training when used and promoted go a long way to improve performance and production. Some location managers and teams can foster a an almost familial culture of care and cohesiveness cultivating higher morale and energy.

The hardest part of the job is squeezing in more time for training and knowledge building.

The most enjoyable parts of the job was being able to satisfy or delight our clients by having and providing specific solutions while continuing to expand knowledge and skills. Meeting wonderful, diverse, interesting people in both clients and associates was the best!
Pros
Employee discount, employee stock purchase
Cons
part time minimal hours
Opportunity to make money, but poor management and low workplace morale
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CANovember 26, 2018
Very fast paced, cut-throat for sales associate, whom can make a lot of money. For the assistant manager position that I was in, there wasn't as many bonus opportunities due to high sales goals. The store manager and my employees and supervisors were wonderful. It was the district manager that was unappreciative and not very friendly.
Pros
Opportunity for bonuses
Cons
Upper management was unappreciative
excellent employer
Sales Lead/Dept of Leadership Ops and Visual (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 26, 2018
Soma is an excellent company to work for. They care about their staff members and their client base. The training is some of the best I have ever received.
Pros
Great team environment
Looks great until you actually start
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 24, 2018
They offer low pay, I turned down the first offer because it was laughable. The manager at the time was able to talk the pay up to get me but it was a mistake to accept it. Unless you are a store manager, hours are fairly low. They say one thing then do another.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Soma is a great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, ILNovember 20, 2018
Soma provides clear expectations and training to perform your job. Soma has a great culture and is a great company to work for. Soma provided incentives to do your best.
Pros
sales bonus
Cons
small company ba nd not a lot of room for advancement
12 Oaks is a nest of vipers
SALES LEAD VISUAL DOL (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 14, 2018
There is no structured training at all. The management was either lackadaisical or dictatorial. I was told that I was in charge of a certain position, but wasn't trained on how to to my job efficiently. When I complained and asked for additional training, my hours got cut, sometimes to only 6hrs/week.
Pros
easy job
Cons
horrible culture
Productive and informative
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Macon, GA 31210November 13, 2018
Great place to work. Its fun and very inspiring. Everyone is so helpful it is like working with your family. You have to learn what works best on every body type. It helps women leave safetied and happy.
Pros
Helpful co-workers
Cons
A lot to learn, frequent change
Enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILNovember 13, 2018
-The shifts are not long enough for sales associates (4 hours)
- The pay is very low, and promotion raise is also very low
- The boss was very easy to get along with, and customers were friendly
-The most enjoyable part was making women feel confident about themselves
- The worst part was CORSET
Pros
only two employees working at a time
Cons
low pay, no breaks, small store
Good place to work as a first job or after retirement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
It's an okay place to work, I've only stayed as long as I have because my team is amazing. The recent management changes have really rubbed most of us in the wrong way and have lead to many of the associates to look for employment elsewhere. I have been asking for a promotion for 11 months and they kept telling me the position was filled. I was offered the position by another store but was told I would only get a 10% raise or the minimum of what someone in that position makes (not even $10/hour). But when applying from outside the company the pay can be negotiated? it doesn't sound like chico's values me as an employee like they claim they do.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHOctober 26, 2018
Great place to work. Some room to grow. Great management. Highly recommend. Great products. Good quality clothes with a great discount. Would love to go back if the hours and pay were right.
Learning opportunities
Sales Associate and Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2018
I did more work than my job description required and wasn’t compensated well at all. When I actually got a pay raise it wasn’t much of a change from the original amount and barely opportunities to grow within the company. Hard work isn’t recognized unless you’re making money for the company. The previous managers engaged in employee drama and covered themselves if anything went wrong.
Pros
Great learning experience and opportunities to change the lives of other women
Cons
Poor management, short breaks, low pay, no career opportunities
Summary
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Soma, it was challenging most days, there was little down time, the team worked well together, location was great as well.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Short breaks
Alright for a starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
The pay was less than desirable and the working conditions were filled with too much drama but for just starting off it wasn't too bad. If youre looking for a job that pays alot this isn't the job for you.
Great Boss and Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 9, 2018
I love working at Soma Intimates. The managers are very friendly and helpful. There is the benefit of earning a bonus for the sales you make which can make the environment competitive but other than that it is a relaxed job. You just need to learn the product and where things are and you are good to go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soma. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss