Soma Employee Reviews

Great place to work for beginners
Shipment (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 24, 2018
A great working evironment and helpful staff and managers. That help you out in and out of the store and my typical day at work is organizing the store and shipment and throwing away the trash out at the end of the day.
Pros
Good work Enviroment and awesome staff.
Cons
Low pay?
Working at Soma
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 24, 2018
Hourly rate plus commission. Sale bars and personal stuff for women. The hardest part of the job is no open door policy. Also notice the store prefer to have no people of color. I love helping women feel better about themselves.
Pros
no breaks unless asked
Cons
The customers
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOJune 23, 2018
busy day, great commission. god teamwork, learned a lot on the job.
Hardest part was probably dealing with customers and return policies.
Easiest was the joy of pleasing customers and making them feel comfortable.
Great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mall of AmericaJune 22, 2018
Soma is a great place to work. Everyone is upbeat and energetic. Training is too short. A person might have to just walk around and familiarize themselves with the store because there is limited staff to do the training. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people every day and helping them feel good about themselves.
Pros
Energetic
Cons
Having to train oneself
Very fun working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAJune 8, 2018
Enjoyed working with everyone, very bubbly. The management team was very hands on in teaching and being able to teach in a way that worked for me. They knew how to make the job fun but still be extremely professional.
it was fine
Shift Lead/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJune 5, 2018
it was fine it was a good job i liked it they paid me money it was nothing speacial it was just a job it was cool that they paid me money to work there
good overall
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 5, 2018
Great training program and provides excellent customer service which is main objective of the company. quality products designed with the customer in mind. pricing is competitive and inline with quality of products. Hours given to accomplish tasks and provide great service was not optimum. higher pay should be given to employees based on work demand and service offered.
Commisson
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland Village, TXMay 30, 2018
Soma is very big on customer experience and building connections with customers. When you sell items that are personal like intimates it is priority to make a customer feel welcomed and appreciated no matter what size they may be and Soma is very focused on that. It's great you earn extra money off commission. If you know the product is it easy to sell and make extra money. They have great benefits and options for every individual.
Great starter retail job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 25, 2018
This job required a little more attention to detail. Must be willing to help with bra sizing and being comfortable seeing women undressed. Also, requires good customer service.
Friendly environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 22, 2018
Working for soma was fun. I have nothing to complain about besides the wages and benefits. EVERYONE is part time except the Store Manager and the Assistant Manager. Pay was minimal wage and when I did receive a raise it was 10% of what I currently made so little to nothing. If you pick up extra shifts be prepared to have your next working week shortened because you absolutely cannot work as much as the managers. You received 30% employee discounts (all depends on the sales) but no benefits. No health insurance, life, dental, eye, 401k, nothing. This is a job for teenagers even though they want you to be 18 to hire you. They are extremely flexible and friendly managers.
Pros
Flexible, friendly
Cons
Wages, no benefits
it was nice
Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 21, 2018
I generally had a good time dealing with customers but the associates I worked with changed pretty often. There were no full-time employees at the time I was working there aside from the manager and shifts were inconsistent. The discounts working there were good and generally the atmosphere working there was good.
Slow Work Pace during off season
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2018
Not bad all in all if used for a little bit of extra money. The discount applied to many different stores and was a good amount off. Even during the busy part of the year was still not too overwhelming.
Exciting place with daily challenges
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 15, 2018
This truly is a fun and great company to work for. Daily tasks include analyzing reports, keeping track of sales, helping customers with their needs, keeping store standards up, and boosting store morale. I learned basic retail lingo such as KPI, ADS, SPH, UPT, and other metrics, along with how to engage and convert a customer from "just looking" to "yes, I NEED this!". The hardest part of the job is converting customers and driving external traffic. At least it was for me. The best part of the job is when a customer returns, recognizes you, and reengages with you about her life and her new needs. It's also fun to see your co-workers learn and grow along with growing yourself.
Pros
Fast paced work environment, good staff morale, generous pay with benefits for full time
Cons
Can be very competitive, high standards with unattainable expectations, and little direction for certain events/tasks.
Soma is the best brand to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 13, 2018
I've had a number of coworkers move over to Soma from the other brands, and each are very happy they made the move. We are a very welcoming brand, with tough but fair leaders who push and motivate their teams to grow.
Pros
On site day care, on site free gym, onsite food trucks from time to time, career advancement
Cons
pay increases are minimal, even when getting a promotion.
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYMay 3, 2018
I love the ladies that I work with. The environment is extremely friendly. I have learned how to fit our customers for the perfect bra, everybody works as a team to provide ours customers with the best experience.
Decent Workplace
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 1, 2018
Working at Soma was fun until I transferred to the outlet. It really is a total different environment coming from a Front-line store. The company should for sure change some things up.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Lack of hours/Management
A great part time job
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2018
I loved being able to assist women in finding exactly what they needed. Being in a selling position was my favorite part of working with the company, as well as the employee discount.
Ok for a part time job but not much else
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 24, 2018
Doesn't pay a competitive wage, workplace culture expects a lot for little money and unacceptable benefits. Company keeps switching directions and their technology is far behind the rest of the industry.
Soma intimate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 20, 2018
Excellent job experience. 😄😄😄it was a relaxing working environment. Outstanding employees and customers.i loved every minute of it. Currently seeking to come back!!!!!🌺🌺🌺🌺
Unfair hourly pay
Sales (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 15, 2018
The store has too many expectations.The pay for associates,is unfair. They do not offer any raises, but they can offer a higher hourly pay to a new employee, with no experience. Not sure why. The store is connected to Chico FAS, and they pay all the employees different. They expect you to hit your goal so you can bonus, but how do you bonus if your not given hours? Too many changes, and high expectations. It is a good place for retail for new associates wanting to get their foot in retail, but the pay and flexibility is not there. There are nice people that I work with, which makes it fun.
Pros
Great discount for all 3 stores
Cons
Pay, breaks, and incentives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soma. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss