Somerset Medical Center Employee Reviews

Many experiences
Unit secretary/assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJMay 10, 2018
Worked at SMC for over 20 years. Worked on many different units and networked with many people. Gained much knowledge in the medical field from assisting to clerical work.
great place to work
College Internship (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 18, 2018
As an intern i was very welcomed by many of the staff. they are great people and really care about what they do. public health department was always conducting excellent programs
Pros
great staff
Productive work place
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJanuary 28, 2018
I had a very nice department manager who was very helpful to me during my internship there. Nice and very patient staff. I was able to attend a head of department meeting once. That was very intimidating but a very nice experience at the same time.
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 26, 2018
Great place to work, very cutting edge, I learned how to be patient and work well with others and to communicate with patients on a professional level
n/a
Supervisor of a Dietary Department (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJanuary 13, 2018
Very healthy environment to work in. Upper management very supportive of continuing education. Would recommend to everyone and anyone looking for a job.
Productive and fun working environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 11, 2018
Meet people
Learned about different dietary needs
Had a collaborative relationship with the management team
Making sure the dietary needs were being met
Pros
Great team
Cons
No advancement
quick paced
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJanuary 5, 2018
corporate culture fast paced work environment. long commute was the hardest part of the job. poor management not distributing work properly. most enjoyable part of the job was that i learned a lot of new lab analyzers.
Pros
well eqipped well maintained lab
Cons
stressful work enviornment
very active and great school to learn
Ryan White Clinic Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJDecember 18, 2017
High level of customer service, great team to work with, good opportunities to grow and build a career. ideal to develop compassion and understanding for patients.
very active place to keep yourself busy. challenging at times with some patients, but manageable. Great experience!
I enjoyed the medical field.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJDecember 8, 2017
Good place to work.Nurses were the best. I enjoyed helping patients and their families. Fast paced. Very dedicated employees and management. Centrally located.
Mixed blessing
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJNovember 30, 2017
While my immediate supervisor was open and affirming the top level of management had very little contact with what was happening within the institution.
It was a great and positive place to work
Nurse Case Manager / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJNovember 10, 2017
It has been over 15 years, but I had a very supportive manager and co-workers. I can call it being very busy, but the nurses and staff on the floors were very engaging and supportive to case managers.
Pros
Cons
None I can think of at this time
Ambulatory Surgery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJSeptember 16, 2017
Small community based hospital, with friendly work environment. Very supportive managerial staff, with open door policy. Company supports career advancement and offers tuition reimbursement.
Pros
flexible schedule
love my job
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJAugust 4, 2017
I love been a patient care technican,love giving care to my sick patients,seeing the smile on their face after providing patient care is so rewarding really enjoy my job to the fullest.
Loved my job. Wonderful people to work with.
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 23, 2017
I had a great experience working in Somerset Hospital. I worked Med Surg. Then Pacu, Pat, SDS. Made a great wages. Enjoyed the Dr,s and nurses I became friends with..
Pleasant place to work in the beginning
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJMay 18, 2017
enjoyed my job until it ended by me not having transportation after hurricane sandy. helping is and will always be rewarding for me I learned a lot about the medical field and dealing with all different types of people
Somerset Medical is a very productive workplace
Certified Personal Care Attendent (Technician) (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJMay 16, 2017
Working at Somerset Medical there was room for enhancement in one's studies of choice. There was also quite a lot to learn as you were taught to do EKG's, Phlebotomy, check lab results in computer, learn to put up traction on Orthopedic floors.
Pros
Ther was always continuing elevations
Cons
The night shift was very tedious
productive workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJApril 24, 2017
It was a fair place to work. Not a lot of back up help. A typical day at work is very busy. The hardest part of the job was the administrator of the lab was Seventy Three years old and she did not like to many people, You could not talk with her or ask her to deal with problems
Great work environment
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 1, 2017
I transported patients all over the hospital for tests. Many customers are confined to wheel chairs or on a gurney and need to be moved between rooms. I enjoyed the amount of physical activity.
Interacting with people
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 29, 2017
Allowed me to interact with people. At the time of hire they did not have an efficient filing system. I was enthusiastic about the opportunity to make things more efficient. I like being proactive and making things more organized..
Love the job
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJOctober 31, 2016
First Assist on gen surg and sub specialties. Left because the hospital brought gen surg residents and I didn't want to lose my skills. Great surgeons, staff and job. I stayed for many year per diem