Sommers Automotive Employee Reviews

3.2Job Security & Advancement
Not the best place to work.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIApril 16, 2019
The coworkers are probably the best part about this job. The pay/benefits isn't the best and management is awful. You'll get 1 week of vacation after 1 year of work. Management shows favoritism and overwork you.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
short breaks, benefits, pay, management
Treated Like Family Because It's Family Owned
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIMay 2, 2018
Well oiled machine because management is truly exceptional at business development and processes. The company has done nothing but grown since I came on board.
Pros
Management is personable. Very professional.
Cons
Long hours, & working on holidays. Becoming overly "compliant" & politically correct.
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate you being one of the Sommer's Automotive family!

Professional dealership atmosphere
Service Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIFebruary 8, 2018
A professional dealership with a no-nonsense attitude that believes strongly in a customer-centered approach. They take great care of their employees without any pointless frills. Their health insurance is expensive, but their 401K match is good.
Pros
Professional atmosphere, benefits, management
Cons
high cost insurance
May 25, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate the positive feedback and wish you the best in your career journey!

Too fast paced and no one will appreciate the hard work you put in
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJune 2, 2017
Very fast paced on a day to day basis. Working here is very stressful and you are never congragulated on the good work you do. But management will pick apart every little flaw that you have.
December 18, 2017

Thank you for your review. Here at Sommers we strive to have a positive workplace. We believe we have an honest and positive review and discipline process in place. We appreciate the feedback and would love to discuss more--please feel free to reach out!

Elizabeth Sommer-Gibson
HR Director
(262) 242-0100

Always Busy
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIMarch 18, 2014
Many other car dealerships were struggling due to the economy. Sommers automotive managed to stay busy with great customer service. Learned many problem solving skills to finish jobs in a timely manner. Also learned a great deal on how to be an independent worker.
Pros
Working with hands all day
Cons
Inside all day
December 18, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sommers Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

Sommers Automotive Reviews by Location