Sonbyrne Sales, Inc. - Byrne Dairy Employee Reviews

Byrne Sucks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton Ave NewMay 19, 2019
Don't not apply here and I strongly believe in that! I would not recommend this to anyone unless you are absolutely desperate. Also sampling sucks and should not be a thing, it wastes time.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  NewarkMay 18, 2019
Great benefits. Understanding of tasks. Good co-workers who train well. We are expected to take care of customers first and foremost to make them happy and want to come back. Nothing is hard about this job if u pay attention to what is expected
employment options
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton Ave NewMay 18, 2019
i took a job at byrne dairy as a part time thing after i retired--i now have been with the company nearly 5 years-i definately recommend employment here either as part time or entry level
Honest truth.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New OneidaMay 18, 2019
You see a lot of the same people often. You get to know customers and what they like. There is a lot more to do than just being a cashier. You must stock everything, clean ,take garbage out and more.
I love it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  SolvayMay 18, 2019
I would clock in and learn how to ring clean and maintain the coffee bar and other things. I enjoy seeing everyone that comes in. The people i work with are super cool. Only hardest part is just knowing whose who that comes in. The best part of my job is seeing the customers fast leave with a smile.
Great place to work!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, NYMay 17, 2019
SonByrne Sales is simply a great place to work. In a world of corporate giants, this business is still owned and operated by family. It’s very rewarding to serve customers within a community and make a good living at the same time! Plus it puts me at ease to work for a company that continues to grow. The Byrne Dairy stores are so much more than a gas station and I would encourage you to give them a shot as an employer, you won’t be disappointed.
Ok Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  VariedMay 17, 2019
Low pay rates...
Best part of the job are my customers...
Upper Management varies by district ...
Expensive insurance plans...
Hardest part of the job.... too few hours in the day to fit everything in...
Horrible work environment
Overnight Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  PhoenixMay 17, 2019
There is too much back stabbing and "clicks" to enjoy working where I am. Especially when the manager and assistant managers can't be bothered to do actual work. But threaten to give write ups if we question something.
Perks vs. Negatives
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  KirklandMay 17, 2019
The perks outweigh the negative. Usually a pleasant work environment, depending on the mood of the customers. But we try to make them feel better when they leave.
Never thought I would love my job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coffeen St.May 17, 2019
I love my job and enjoy that i'm not always doing the same thing. I work between the subway and the Byrne dairy. My coworkers are more like family to me than anything and i'm glad I have them all in my life. We all work hard but we laugh harder which I enjoy thoroughly. The management is top notch and all have been there a long time and are very knowledgeable about the company and procedures. And the benefits are great. I have paid vacation, 401k and life insurance for both my husband and I. The hardest part of the job is just finding the time to complete all my tasks efficiently when busy. The best part of the job is just the amazing array of people you get to meet.
Cashier
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Horseheads 414May 17, 2019
I appreciate the opportunity and I did like working for the company. Unfortunately I had something else come up that I felt the need to participate in
Love it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Horseheads 414May 17, 2019
Its extremely busy at times but we all work together as a team. I love working there. I have learned a lot too. I have never worked with food and have caught on pretty quick which makes it easy.
Byrne Dairy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  RomeMay 17, 2019
There are many benefits to working with Byrne Dairy and it is the best first job I could ask for. I would recommend Byrne Dairy as a job to many people and appreciate and love my job very much.
Requires a great amount of patience and time management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  ClayMay 17, 2019
Stores are typically understaffed. Associates talk bad about each other left and right. Customers can be rude sometimes but generally they’re nice if you’re nice to them. If you have the patience for everything I mentioned and you’re time oriented this job may be for you.
Byrne
Overnight Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  SkaneatelesMay 17, 2019
I have only been with Byrne dairy for a short time but it seems to be a decient place to work. Seems the pay could be a little better but overall it's all good. It can be fun or it can be not so fun depends what you put into it.
My honest opinion
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  #37 AuburnMay 17, 2019
A normal day at work for me means making sure every customer who enters are store has a good experience which, ensures us repeat business. I have learned to do opening paper work and a lot of ordering to make sure customers can come n get what they need. I don't like the fact that I am under paid n some days it makes me not wanna come to work. The best part of my job is my co-workers we have a amazing team expect a few
Horrible work place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Auburn nyMay 17, 2019
My managers at work were very rude and riding a high horse. They treated me like trash Its a constant lose lose situation. You're not allowed to stay late but youre not allowed to leave before your deli person but the deli can't leave till everything is done. You're expected to run register and take the ice cream machine down almost every night no matter how busy it is. They don't schedule enough people to cover everything. Especially ice cream window. The cashier and deli keep buzzing you up because there are too many lines and you can't get your own stuff done and then you're yelled at for that. When there are 2 people up front one running register and one running the the deli and a line of people at the deli, the register a line outside ice cream window and a line at the icecream case and you cannot get to the back to stock there is nothing you can do but yet you still get in trouble.
Cashier
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CiceroMay 17, 2019
It's a great experience with customers and working with others. I learn something new everyday. Overall it's a great place to work. I enjoy learning new things everyday
It's bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lamson RoadMay 17, 2019
If you want to hate life work here
Pay is bad and management sucks
Look somewhere else you'll hate it trust me on that customer service is awful by all counts
Survey
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  RomeMay 17, 2019
I love my job at Byrne dairy. The people, is my favorite part. If you really love where you work, the people aren't just customers or regulars. They become family. I can just about name everyone of my customers at least on a first name basic. Management is pretty good too. But, all around the job is great and the hours aren't that bad at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonbyrne Sales, Inc. - Byrne Dairy. Our community is ready to answer.