Sonesta Employee Reviews

Poor hotel
Lack of respect
Micromanaging
Overbearing
It’s basic please do yourself a favor and choose any other hotel in Charlotte other than Sonesta it’s not worth your time and more of a headache than anything
good benefits
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 17, 2018
if your into hard labor then this will be the job for you you will be occupied for the entire 8 hours, this job requires you to work out side so you will have to endure hard weather conditions that will effect your performance, good management bad location
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHNovember 12, 2018
Working front desk can be a hit or miss kind of a day especially depending on the time of year. Fun events are typically planned every so often. Also food is typically provided for employees as well during a designate time.
Best serving job I have had
Poolside & Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCNovember 7, 2018
I love the staff at Sonesta. We are family. It is a great place to learn and there is opportunity for growth if you choose. Best part of the job is pleasing the guests.
Fast Paced Job With Great Benefits
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 27, 2018
It is a great place to work. It has its ups and downs depending on the weather due to it being an outside facility. It's very fast paced and you are required to go up and down stairs alot.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Management, Lack of Promotional Opportunities
Muy buen trabajo
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 24, 2018
Me gusta ese trabajo pero era abierto y me tuve que ir por que conseguí mejor trabajo
Hotel culture
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 14, 2018
Fun working environment. Challenging jobs. Good people to work with. Good benefits. Mangers were helpful. Training was easy to follow. Excellent environment.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
N/a
work place culture
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 12, 2018
Working in a hotel where the HR department was not allowed to work independently of the Sales Director or GM, making it difficult for employees to relay very concerning work-related issues., Beautiful hotel, but no daily walk-throughs were done the entire time I was there which has left the hotel not being properly cleaned, For the most part, I really enjoyed my co-workers until they became cutthroat, due to the culture of the hotel and in fear of losing their jobs, When I felt someone was being treated unfairly I spoke up to HR who in turn did what the GM thought was best, which resulted in the issue not being resolved, and the complainants feeling as if they were causing discord in their department. So no one went to HR unless they were ready to have a target on their backs and lose their job.
Pros
Healthcare benifits and 401k was good.
Cons
The hotels promotes free meals for every shift, what a bad joke for the overnight shift, sometimes they had nothing at all, AM shift was well taken care of, this issue was so unfair to the overnight shifts this was taken to HR, CHEF AND GM.lets just say things have not changed.
Nice hotel and mosly friendly people
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 9, 2018
some days were very busy , some were a little slower. I would fix anything that needed to be fixed , from electrical, plumbing , ac , heat, . cable . no overtime
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hours got changed
Fun place to work (for the most part)
IT Project Management Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 3, 2018
Sonesta was a fun place to work. Employees were friendly and helpful--until a new regime of management was hired. Then it became too formal, not being able to think and perform my job as I was used to. Very nit-picky; overly critical and concerned with insignificant details.
I would definitely go back if the new regime were to leave...
Pros
Helpful, friendly employees, fun outings
Cons
Very nit-picky; overly critical and concerned with insignificant details.

Want to know more about Sonesta?

Ask a question
Fun work place
Breakfast Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2018
Pay is higher than average hotel jobs. Management always includes staff in get together. Better than most jobs I’ve worked at. Always something going on, you can always work in a different department. They support you. Housekeepers are paid well.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hotel and Hospitality Industry.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 1, 2018
Great hotel to work for, training for any position provided, employment from within encouraged, all staff including Management very professional and helpful.
Sonesta is like a family work place.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2018
Sonesta, is a great place to work at. We are like family. We do great things on housekeeping week.We have a great team.
Our Boss is a great person.
I love what I do, But I need to spend time with my family. I ‘m a responsible person, never miss or called out with the 6 years and three months that I’ve been working in Sonesta. Always on time.
Pros
Free lunch
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2018
A typical day at work requires of being able to serve your client at all times , prepared for any POP UP meetings and managing the event with other departments.

Sonesta- Is willing to help you build your career and gives you the opportunity to give ideas to their market to give better service to their clients,

Hardest part - getting different types of costumer, with different needs for their events but, it all depends on how you handle the situation.

Enjoyable- seeing your costumer satisfied with their event & prepared for their returned.
Pros
free lunch, employee appreciation
Cons
healthcare
not a good place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2018
The manger of housekeeping was very disrespectful and keep mess going between employees he showed favoritism allow some employees to do as they pleased uncaring not a good environments
Best job so far
General maintenance engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2018
Very good place to work very good work culture they provide me with 12 shirts and pants. I was allowed to wear street clothes into work then change into uniform. Uniforms was washed there. Mechanical workshop very large and organized. Coworkers very nice.
Pros
Uniforms washed and provided at site, free lunch
Cons
Not much on job training
Excelente
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Excelente tratan muy bien sus empleados responsables y honestos
Pretty on the outside, Ugly on the inside
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2018
The compensation on the management level will easily draw you in but beware. Ask every question you can think of that will allow you to determine if it's a good fit for you
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Stressful environment
Great Place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
It's a productive place and great palce to work with fun people. Management is always willing to teach you things to get you to the next level in your career if the opportunity is not there at the time.A day at Sonesta ES can be bus, steady or sometimes even slow it just depends on what's going on in the area. There's really no hard part to working there.
Productive and fun workplace was
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLAugust 27, 2018
productive workplace,nice people and every thing are ok.The trouble is ,the hotel was sold to a cheap company and now we do not have the same benefits as before, we have gotten worse and that makes me very upset.
Pros
free lunch