Sonic Corporation Employee Reviews

I love
Car Hop/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 11, 2018
I loved working for sonic made good money love the staff and working there I hated when I didn't go to work and loved all the change it added up fast and quick
Pros
Good moneu
Cons
If you want to be miserable, work here
Carhop/Fountain (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GADecember 5, 2018
Rude co-workers and the management doesn’t care. They play favorites and those favorites get to do whatever they want. Maybe if they hired some people that wouldn’t try to run new employees off, they would have employees. Or maybe if the managers would just do something about it, that might work also.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Short breaks, rude co workers, no benefits, no time off, and you get half off food but have to pay for your drink. Ridiculous.
Wasnt all that its cracked up to be
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 4, 2018
Management was aweful in my area, I've never met such rude employers in my life. Out of 3 managers two of them were very rude, one constantly belittled me and made multiple people on my shift so upset that they wanted to leave.
Pros
Half off food, free drinks, good tips.
Cons
Poor management
okay
Crewman (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 24, 2018
could use more work, although it was a fun work enviornment for the most part. crew was amazing and grew a family once there. However towards the end it was not all that great.
Great People, Frustrating Processes
Market Leader (Franchise Business Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 21, 2018
Great culture, good company to work for but always seem to be barely beating deadlines, making last-minute changes, poor people decisions. But colleagues were awesome.
Good first job
Crew Lead/Member (Current Employee) –  Haysville, KSDecember 30, 2017
Sonic has been an enjoyable, flexible first job. I enjoyed my colleagues and gained experience in all areas of the restaurant. I would recommend Sonic as an employer.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Lots of Changes
Not Important (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 14, 2017
It seems like over the last 4-5 years the atmosphere has changed for the worse. Not near as much fun, way more work load as you have people doing the jobs of 2 or 3 since they either won't replace positions or are eliminating them, but that doesn't mean the work goes away.
Pros
Cafeteria with reduced prices, benefits are great
Cons
Have to work too many hours and not enough help
Always interesting
Consultant (Former Employee) –  VariousAugust 19, 2017
Burgers, shakes and tots and great people for the most part. Based in Oklahoma City, most restaurants are in the South Central United States. Check them out.
Senior Business Analyst, Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2017
I would recommend Sonic because of the relaxed yet demanding opportunities that happen. If a person likes challenges and not to be bored at a job, then Sonic is an awesome place to work and grow. The company has made ways for anyone to learn an business portion that they set their mind to learn and that is amazing. I've never had a company offer so many classes. Not to mention, they strive to have a great culture, but when you have people in the mix sometimes that's a bit muddy.
Pros
Relaxed, fun and family oriented
Cons
Pay doesn't seem to coincide with the duties
great culture
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2017
Great culture. Tries to make it feel like you are working for a small company but that is getting harder to do. Doesn't do much to retain long standing employees.
Fast-paced, not manged well
Sonic Drive Inn (Former Employee) –  Greenbrier, ARApril 7, 2017
While working at sonic I feel that overall the management team could have been improved. When I think of a manger, I think of someone who should guide.
Amazing place to work
Senior Clerk - Payables (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2015
The best place I have ever had the privilege of working at. They actually believe and exercise their culture. They work their spirit!
Pros
development
great career opportunity
Co-manager and Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityMay 26, 2015
many great qualities about this company, being on call 24/7 was the deal breaker with this company. being a full time student and a single mom was too much at once while I was with them.
Great company, but long term career advancement is not easily available
Marketing and Operations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2015
Great pay, but job security has changed over the years and employees are not as valued as they used to be.

Management has changed over the years on the employee is not treated as an important asset to the company.
fun part was some of the employees.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Okemah, OKJanuary 28, 2015
a typical day working at Okemah sonic wasn't the best. the management was un truthful, unprofessional. somehow no matter how you cooked the food at that sonic it has to be the worst sonic iv'e ever ate even with myself cooking the food. always short handed because people walking out to smoke, you'd get fired and the manager would never explain what the reasons are for you being laid off nor would she tell you in person if you was fired. best thing about Okemah sonic has to be a hand-full of the workers who became some of my great friends, whom taught me all the right ways to cook the food, clean the grill, fryers, and just how to survive working there.what i learned was to watch my hours and my pay check from being cheated, the boss isn't your buddy, the boss isn't always the best.
Pros
the hand-full of friends i made.
Cons
the work place, management, an unprofessional.
Constant change but fun
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TxSeptember 12, 2014
The management is on top of things, cooks know what they are doing, and generally the carhops are well-tempered and great to work with. Every once in a while things get crazy, but that's all part of the fun of working at Sonic.
Pros
Skating
Cons
Extreme weather
not a very fun place to work
Carhop (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJuly 26, 2013
I arrive at work and wash my hands clock in and as soon as I start the managers will start to be very rude. I take my orders out to the customs which that part I love because I'm a people person. I do the my whole shift some times I take the orders, and some times I get the orders ready. Then before I go home I do some chorus like take out trash or wash windows or clean the bathrooms or mop the floors.
Pros
half off on some of the food items, nice coworkers
Cons
short breaks, sales expired food to customers, very rude management
Great Experience
Crew Member- Cook (Former Employee) –  Medina, TNJune 25, 2013
I enjoyed my supervisors as well as my coworkers. It was a high school job and everyone was roughly the same age. We had our disputes but they were handled effectively by our supervisors.
productive but kitchen was kinda small to work with.
Crew Personnel (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 27, 2012
I work as a cook here. its fun and everything but the kitchen was kinda squishy when we had a full crew running around.