Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

21K
Found 10,817 reviews matching the search See all 10,832 reviews
Not Typical
Sonic Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2018
Sonic Drive-In is a work place like no other; I have not had the same expirences at Sonic compared to other jobs. It's unique and challenging, there's factors guests don't expect if they're looking for employment there. You need to be comfortable with yourself and set a speed that's faster than anything you've done before. You can get wrapped up in the rushes and not realize why certain things have or have not occured.
Pros
Discounts while before, during, or after shift
Cons
Can get overwhelming
hot and underpaid
Carhop/Fountain (Former Employee) –  Houston, MSJuly 19, 2018
sonic is not a great place to work at least not in houston they over work and under pay all of thier workers except for the people who hardly do anything they ove those type of people
Fun working place
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Cache, OKJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. But my manager made it stressful when I worked with her. Made good money on tips and enjoyed the fast pace. Hard working job at times when it got busy but when working as a team it wasn't as bad
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
low wage
good money bad management
carhop/founainette/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 19, 2018
Sonic was my first job,i always had decent checks and tips but the manger was inappropriate. i got sick one nightt so he offered to drive me home and came onto me. he was very upset when i did quit and the assistant manager was stealing money and had been caught several times but was never sen consequences and often got others in trouble for her foolishness
Pros
good money and hours
Cons
bad managment
Best job of my life
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 19, 2018
Loved everything about it wish I still worked there It was my first job and i worked my way up to gm there is slot of opportunity there and it will provide lots of fun
Cons
High paced, demanding yet rewarding
Cook/ Carhop (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 19, 2018
Fast food jobs may not seem complicated but this location in particular was always busy. If you could prove that you were a competent worker there was always room to move up. This being said the job environment was cramped, loud and always stressful.
We had a really good work dynamic.
Crew Member and Carhop (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COJuly 19, 2018
During my time at Sonic Drive-In I learned more interpersonal skills than I anticipated. It was a great first job and I worked with some amazing people.
Pros
Free meal after 3 hour shift
Cons
Weather Conditions
great place to work
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 19, 2018
sonic is a good place to work at. It teaches you a lot about money management and how to be responsible. Everyone there has cool and fun personality. There is never a dull moment there. I like the fact that there is no drama in the workplace.
Stressful and unsanitary
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 19, 2018
I was management before I moved to a Tulsa sonic. Im a very hard worker that laid in the floors to make sure the floors in the building were actually cleaned while everyone else complained that there feet were getting wet and would not help. I do most of the work myself due to the fact no one knows how to not be lazy.
Pros
free food
Cons
I do a lot of the work with no help
fun
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 19, 2018
Its quick hire and friendly people plus they have good food. The jobs easy and not hard, plus never bored because there's something to always do. Thank you.
Pros
food
Cons
pay for the food

Want to know more about Sonic Drive-In?

Ask a question
great coworkers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSJuly 18, 2018
The hardest part of the job would be the angry customers, but the regulars really brighten your day. it is a quick paced environment and you cannot fall behind. Strict management to prevent cross contamination.
Wonderful place to work
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Shallowater, TXJuly 18, 2018
Sonic is an excellent place to work. They work with your schedule. You can learn all positions offered for the job. Customers are fun and usually regulars
productive and some what friendly work place
Car Hopper (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 18, 2018
i loved working at sonic at first then the drama just became worse. In my opinion whomever works there should kinda stay to themselves. But job was great
fast paced work environment
Carhop (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJuly 18, 2018
Very fast paced and must be able to multi-task. The hardest part of the job is working drive through. Must be able to organize yourself and orders while collecting money and taking orders.
unprofessional
Sonic Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2018
Very unprofessional environments. I can only speak for my location. On the job I had a situation where my cash was taken from my purse, and the manager was made aware of the situation but no action took place.
Pros
Free meals while working, and 75 percent when off clock
Very busy.
Cook/ Carhop (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 18, 2018
I worked all the time at sonic never had time for school I worked from open to close on the weekends. I never had time to do anything else. Other than that the manager was nice and understanding.
Fast and friendly service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 18, 2018
Sonic is a great place to work and go to eat. The service is wonderful and fast. They do their best to make the customers feel welcome. Go there if you want a great experience.
Pros
Free meals to managers
Cons
No military discounts
Carhop
Car Hop/Cook (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJuly 18, 2018
I made drinks and served food to customers, and cleaned out the soda and shake machines, i also would work back and forth from the kitchen to provide assistance.
its a job lol
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSJuly 18, 2018
what you might expect from a fast food place filled with young workers , people missing shifts causing you to have to work short handed. new employees that don't know what there doing cause cause no one sticks around for long ie you have to pull there wait
Pros
free drinks
Cons
only 1 15min break on a 8hr day
No team work poor work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainview, TXJuly 18, 2018
Good for short term employment poor advancement opportunities, leadership is lacking unstable work hours, hard to get paid time off not a good long term job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight