Sonic Drive-In
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

United States20,247 reviews

Found 20,247 reviews matching the searchSee all 20,293 reviews

friendly environment, can get very busy

Very nice workers and management. Sometimes of the on weekends workers would call out or not show up and everyone would be forced to pick up the slack. The job can get very busy, but over its a great starting job.

Pros

great working environment

Cons

na

Unsatisfied

Terrible , Unfair , Unrealistic expectations and Poor management. Costumers very unsatisfied daily. Over all a bad work experience especially for a first job.

Sonic Drive-In insights

Based on 10,356 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Understaffed and Unorganized

Honestly the people were amazing but this was the most unorganized job i have ever worked. They let anyone leave or call in and don’t reprimand them in anyway. They don’t have a GM currently and are falling apart at the seams.

Not good

Read the reviews on google and you will have your answer. They are always out of everything and that makes customers angry. It is good for a first job.

Terrible job

They only hire dopeheads . And refuse to pay their decent crew anything . But new employees make $15 while the people who been there for years only make $13. THEY HAVE NEVER CARED ABOUT EMPLOYEES FOR THE 4-5 years I have worked here

Pros

Cons

Everything, management

Decent for a teenager

Okay first job for a teenager. Overall, you don't normally get the hours you request since the members with seniority get first pick. Also, expect to be there until 2 or 3 in the morning if you have closing shift.

The way family automatically happens at work. Your never just another employee your a crucial part of the family

I’ve worked with the Sonic name on and off for almost 20 years. In every store that I have been in. I have always been treated like family. I get my requested days off and my bonus meal from coming in when they need me. Free drinks all day long.

Pros

All the cherylimeades you can drink

Cons

Getting ice cream on your shirt when u mix a shake and the star isn’t on the spout

Don’t work at sonic!!!

Absolutely terrible. I wouldn’t recommend working there, they treat you like trash. They will call you names and treat you differently from their favorites. You’re always walking on eggshells. You don’t get raises, you don’t get promoted, you don’t get anything. For the pay of 8 dollars an hour. Terrible.

Pros

50% employee discount

Cons

Short breaks, no raises, terrible management, inconsistent schedule, low pay

Good

Good place to work you get tips and all but pay is low. Job is good for teens with no bills or real responsibilities. It was fun but I had to leave once I turned 18

They were rude

They were nice at first and then they became extremely rude and don’t care about their employees. They don’t care about your personal life’s. Find another job

The people are always really nice to work with

it’s a very fast pace work place and there is no time to stand around, the customers can be rude sometimes, but other than that it’s a good place to work.

Pros

One free meal and a paid 15 minute break

Cons

the break is pretty short

Good

They have a good general management but further down the line it starts to fall off because the want to be friends with there employees instead of do there job

Pros

Good hrs

Cons

No break

The carhops and advancement

Excellent company and fast Paced. Really enjoyed being assistant manager. Maintained crew labor, truck orders. Kept restaurant nice and clean for the customer.

Fast paced environment

We stay busy. There's only a handful of times we're we've had a slow day. It's definitely not for someone who prefers a lot of downtime on the job. The managers are great though and so are most of my coworkers.

Fun work environment for the most part

I liked it here, but I felt like it’s an extremely demanding job and isn’t always the most flexible during the school year you make the most tips but you have to do floors and don’t get out until 11:11:30.

fast paced environment

Everyone is busy with orders for the most part, tips are nice if your a carhop. Usually it is super packed so it can be uncomfortable at times but overall it’s nice

Fun Job for students

I worked there for about 2 years, during that time I worked with a bunch of idiots but I got a raise early on for my effort, very flexible schedule and easygoing place.

Pros

Flexibilty, environment, easy

Cons

Weak pay, weak benefits.

Sherwood/Old Hammond Sonic

I hated going to work. I do no recommend it. Things are very one sides over here. No matter how hard you do your job sometimes , it doesn’t matter. You get yelled at, talked down on, things thrown in your face … DO NOT WORK HERE.

Different

Carhops make tip wage. This is code for you make way less an hour but the tips make up for it. Sonic is a great place to work if you want to limit your customer interaction. Customers are outside, you're inside when you're not taking out orders. Even as a carhop, when you're inside you're away from them and you're free to talk to your coworkers

It was ok

Some of the co-workers had bad attitudes and jealousy. Need to grow up and be adults. Tan to death during happy hour in the heat. Pay sucks. Tips are pretty decent though

Stressful Overall, But Very Leniant

Get promoted from crew at least once and get free food. Pay is eh, not fair compared to others within same store based on effort. Leadership needs work. Scheduling is very lenient. Very nice people overall. GREAT starter job. There's many minors. High turnover. Great place to make friends. If you're going in, go headfirst and move up asap to become general manager or assistant gm. That's where the money is.

Common questions about Sonic Drive-In

Answered by current and former employees at Sonic Drive-In

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.4Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss