Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Found 12,365 reviews matching the search See all 12,383 reviews
Loved it.
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, TNDecember 12, 2018
Great environment, lovely people. The customers were kind and you get to keep all the tips you get. They feel like a happy family and it is always rewarding to get through a rush successfully together.
Fun working with others and making people happy.
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXDecember 12, 2018
The rush gets busy, sometimes having to deal with it all by yourself as a carhop. Other than that it was a fairly easy job to learn and fun, wear comfy shoes too!
I am a dependable person , I get along with others and I also do my job well.
Sonic Carhop (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 12, 2018
Sonic is a good job , you get a lot of customers and it gets really busy because we have happy hour. I make a lot of tips as a carhop but I need another job right now and that I would really like .
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Rude customers
Productive environment; outstanding staff
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 12, 2018
I loved working here , perfect staff and wonderful food I never have wanted to work anywhere else . Perfect place for anyone who wants to consider sonic as a first job .
Cashier, Cook, Crew Member, Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GADecember 12, 2018
Great place to work however the pay was far too little to live off of. Even if you received tips, even lets say sixty dollars or so, it still wouldn't be enough to live off of. Minimum wage, unless management then possibly.
Cons
short breaks
fast pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesburg-Leesville, SCDecember 12, 2018
Did a lot of work here. You have to be good at multitasking and be fast pace. Worked with different type of people. Had to deal with a lot of customers. Had to have good communication skills.
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Harrah, OKDecember 12, 2018
Management was really terrible at the location that I worked at. I loved working there. I was there the longest compared to other workers never got my raise, but other workers did. I moved and found a different job.
Competitive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 12, 2018
Sonics is a very fun job. I love to satisfy my customers so Sonics is a very good job to treat others with respect. The job could be easy but also frustrating because you have people who would have problems with food and drinks but you have to handle the situation the right way. Satisfy all your customers.
Pros
50% discounts
Cons
Short breaks
simple and easy fast pace work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMDecember 12, 2018
A typical day at work was fast paced. I learned how to be quick have fun while doing my job. Management was great. The hardest part of the job is to learn to count your change quickly. The ,ost enjoyable part of the job is getting to see and meet new faces
Pros
tips are good
Cons
healthcare
Fast Paced
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 12, 2018
When a order was ready you had to get the receipt and scan it, and that meant that it was your order to take out. We all had duties and tasks that we had to complete before we were able to leave.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
Never really got a break
Not Very fun
Carhop/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Covington, LADecember 11, 2018
The job at sonic is ok in the beginning because you get to meet all the new people. But the management sucks! They mangers never put you on schedule until you are needed or they are really backed up
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and fun
Carhop (Current Employee) –  Hawkins, TXDecember 11, 2018
Grate managers
Amazing crew members.
Hard working and fast paced grate customers and amazing community. Service worth a smile always makes the day for the customer. I personally use manners and always abide by the rule the customer is always right. Never argue with the customer always try to find a better solution.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Short brakes and or no brake
Okay.
Carhop (Current Employee) –  Calallen, TXDecember 11, 2018
the carhops do their jobs, and so do the managers. I learned how to work with people. management was alright, but respecting them was the best choice. workplace, we had our fun times, messing around and cracking some jokes, it was clean & sometimes relaxed. the hardest part was when we got super busy and we were short staffed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
managers
Busy work area
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 11, 2018
The work was easy and very constant. You always had to keep busy, with bags, restock, an taking and filling orders. You honestly worked harder then what you where getting payed for
Pros
Disounted lunches
Cons
40 hours or less a week
Fast pace
Team Leader/Cook (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXDecember 11, 2018
Car hopes don't make enough on their checks but they sometimes make really good tips. The other workers don't make tips at all but even though they make more money on payday than the carhopes they still don't make enough money
Very fun and friendly work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 10, 2018
Sonic is a great company to work for they normally promote within the company and trains their employees in multiple areas to make things more proficient for everyone
Pros
Promotes within and fast
Cons
Expensive heathcare
workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Many, LADecember 10, 2018
we had a great leader teaching us and working with us. The main problem was clicks as with any job and some people not doing their job to where you had to take up the slack or things would get behind. Also you sometimes had to send an employee home after only working for 30 minutes to an hour just to meet numbers.
I loved working there with the amazing people.
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollister, MODecember 10, 2018
I loved working there! Everyone was easy to get along with and I made friends there super easy. I rarely had rude customers and there were several customers that came in saying that this sonic was the best around for their speedy deliveries and nice carhops. I just needed better pay.
Pros
50% off food/drinks, breaks, tips
its bad
Sonic Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCDecember 10, 2018
boss singled me out for my earnest attempts to improve on site conditions. the back was some of the uncleanest I've seen wouldn't advise working there!
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
most everything else
Fun place to work
Carhop/Fountain (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALDecember 10, 2018
Fast paced, good environment. Fun people to be around good food. Great treats to eat. A very very clean place to be always has fun music playing. If something goes wrong someone always fixes it
Pros
Good people
Cons
takes too long sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss