Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Amazing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAOctober 18, 2018
I wouldn't be the motivated,driven person i am today without them. There's nothing better than making a guest smile and making them feel like part of a family.
Very fast paced
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, OKOctober 18, 2018
It was fast paced but not difficult to manage. I didn't have trouble with the staff or management and found it to be a relatively simple place to work.
Fast pace sometimes would work with no break or lunch.
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2018
a typical work day was coming in and having to restock everything because the workers before didn't do it. Working all day and not getting a break or lunch.
Horrible stressful and childish people and managers
Sonic Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 18, 2018
I would not recommend this to anyone lighthearted ever. You need to have tough skin to work her or everyone will and can walk all over you. The managers tend to be very unprofessional
Pros
Discount
Cons
fun environment to work in
Carhop/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Belden, MSOctober 18, 2018
Sonic was a really fun place to work for me. Once you get used to doing things the job becomes really easy. I made drinks restocked the fountain net and took orders and delivered the orders. over all i really enjoy sonic.
Love Sonic
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEOctober 18, 2018
Great people, great food, lovely place to work, keeps you busy and on your feet. Free drinks while you work and food is 50% off otherwise you have to pay full price
Pros
50% discount, great food, great people
Cons
Drama
Work there is fun.
Carhop (Current Employee) –  Ponchatoula, LAOctober 18, 2018
Work there is fun sometimes. We get things done and have fun at the same time. On promotion days we dress up and bring food for the crew to get the crew to have more fun.
Pros
Fun workers.
Cons
Short breaks for long shifts.
Horrible work place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, TXOctober 18, 2018
Manager started drama with employees. Was lied to about hourly wage I should have received. Worked 10+ hours a day, only to receive biweekly checks of $250 when I was supposed to be making $8.50/hr. The managers would pick favorites between employees, which were always the people that did not do their jobs correctly or at all. Night kitchen staff would not clean everything properly causing morning shift to have to rewash everything. Grill constantly serving uncooked chicken and overcooked fries to customers, even after receiving multiple complaints. Managers showed up late and would only work 30 minutes before leaving again. Etc. Honestly, Edgewood TX Eonic Drive-in is the worst place I've ever worked.
Didn't get paid enough .
Sonic Drive In (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 18, 2018
I didn't get the hours I wanted and didn't get paid enough. I enjoyed my coworkers but one of the managers had a bad attitude and made working with them difficult.
Coworkers were very friendly
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 17, 2018
My coworkers were easy to work with and laid back what with my hyper personality. There wasn't any drama whilst I was there, and if there was a problem we were all happy to help each other out.
Fun at times.
Sonic Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAOctober 17, 2018
Was an okay place to work. They helped out if needed and would understand if needed off for family emergencies. Enjoyed getting to know and still friends with employees.
Easy first job
Shift Manager/ Carhop (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 17, 2018
Just do what your told and use common sense! It's a great place to work, get in some easy hours, and make a good paycheck with good tips If you just show up to work and do your job!
Fun but stressed daily
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 17, 2018
Hardest part of the job is finding people who want to work. People get the jobsand 8 of 10 callin with in 2 weeks or quit. Hiring takes alot of planning and time. We use our time employing thise that want a few dollars when it take money out of the business just to give them jobs for them to quit in the first 40 days
Productive and fun work place, great teamwork.
Lead sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2018
A skating waitress gets tipped more. It is an outside restaurant. Skaters get more recognition. The environment was safe and friendly. The managers are very compromising. The coworkers are friendly. The Regency location gets more customers which allows more business .
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Na
great first job
Carhop (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXOctober 17, 2018
its was a great first job, the pay was good and tips were great,
you learn so much while working there and meet a lot of great people, management was good every one was like family.
Good Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAOctober 17, 2018
Sonic was a good place to work. I learned a lot from the Manager.
I would not have left Sonic if I did not Move back To Florida, at that time Sonic was not in Florida.
Pros
People
Cons
Finding good Employees
quick money
CAR HOP (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXOctober 17, 2018
being a car hop makes you quick money and bringing home cash tips is always nice but it can be physically demanding and stressful. dont bother working here during colder months, tips are bad
Fun place to work.
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Coolidge, AZ 85128October 17, 2018
Very flexible with lifestyle changes. The turn over rate is pretty high among children aged employees. Th adults in the store make it worth being there. They are kind. The owners are family oriented and dine to earth.
N/a
Cashier/Carhop (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2018
Sonic is a good place for new workers and they are a very clean and stable place to work and they provide you with many hours if needed. I would recommend anybody working there.
Laid back environment
Sonic Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 17, 2018
Sonic was one of my best jobs. I got paid fairly well for a fast food restaurant. It’s just when certain people get a different job title, they think it’s time to start disrespecting coworkers who help them get there. Not the type of environment I would like to work in!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.