Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Found 13,105 reviews matching the search See all 13,123 reviews
Terrible place to work!
Carhop (Current Employee) –  Haughton, LAFebruary 23, 2019
The minors are overworked yet under payed and treated very poorly! The managers at our location have problems keeping their hands to themselves. When you request to be off, you never get that day off. Carhops do not even make minimum wage. The pay is terrible. Overall Sonic is not somewhere I would recommend for work.
Nice job for high school students.
Skating Carhop (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 22, 2019
Easy fast money but on the downside if you are a good worker you are probably the only one working. Easy to advance if you know the people in charge. If not good luck.
It was a good job starting off, mainly for younger employees.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 22, 2019
I enjoyed making tips but I am looking for better money opportunities to support my own self financially..............................................
working at sonic drive-in
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 22, 2019
working at sonic was good until a point when the manger will always tell me how bad i was doing. a few people that ive worked with were really nice and help full. other then that it was a good experience for the most part
Pros
discount
Fun
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXFebruary 21, 2019
I enjoyed the people I worked with. But I didn’t like how I had to work out in the heat during my pregnancy. I was almost fainting but still had to carhop.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Didn’t get 40 hours a week
Fast Paced and Team Work, but No Management-Employee Communication.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Waretown, NJFebruary 21, 2019
Sonic is a very fast environment of work. It is enjoyable and all about team work. This was my first job with the public and it taught me how to successfully communicate with customers through the good and the bad. The front of house was a very close knit and communicated group, thus making it successful. However there always seemed to be a gap in communication between the team members in management.
Pros
Great starter job, team work driven
Cons
No Communication with management
Free lunch
Ox Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSFebruary 21, 2019
The food at Sonic was real good. The crew was so awesome to work with. I enjoyed working for Sonic, but I had to move a little farther for better career opportunity.
Pros
free food
Cons
low pay
Think twice about working here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXFebruary 21, 2019
I just quit working for sonic yesterday. I put all i had into my sonic for 4 years and got nowhere. Management is the worst ive ever seen! I was treated unfairly and like the blacksheep of the sonic family. The only thing i will miss are the friendships i built with a few of the crew members and even more so, the friendships that were built with my customers. I was there everyday for the betterment of sonic. Nobody cared like i did. I cared more than the owner. That should say it all.
Sonic Rocks
Independent Foodservice Consultant (Former Employee) –  Balch Springs, TXFebruary 21, 2019
Sonic Drive In is a wonderful company to work for. There is always room to grow if you chose to as well as a family first mentality. I have not one bad thing to say
bad managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAFebruary 20, 2019
coming in ready to clock in asap,i learned to always let the costumer be right, hardest part is being cursed out about something im not responsible for ,i enjoyed my team members .
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Lack of Communicaton
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDFebruary 20, 2019
Worked two weeks and retrieved my first pay haven't worked since, lack of communication with management. Drama filled enviroment! No Training manuals to show how to prep the "fancy drinks"!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lack of communication with management!
A learning experience
Carhop/Fountain (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSFebruary 20, 2019
A typical day would be taking orders, making the drinks, bagging food, taking it out to the customers, then we would repeat. At the end of our shift, we had chores to do before we could leave. I learned how customers can be when they are unsatisfied and how I need to handle it. Management was wonderful. They stayed calm when there were problems, they were nice to the customers, they were close to all employees to make their workplace enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was doing the same thing over and over again all day instead of having a set schedule or excitement. The most enjoyable part was getting close with my coworkers and making lifelong friends.
Pros
Discounts on food, gained many friends
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible management, bad pay
Sonic Carhop (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 20, 2019
My hours got cut weekly & there reasoning was always an excuse, the staff just messed around and never really took the job seriously & the tip wage pay sucks
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Terrible pay
It's a food fast place
Server (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Fast pace, doing multiple things at once to finish the job, management is alright, hardest part of the job is multitasked and enjoyable part of is meet people
Pros
meet people
Cons
not enough to have a stable job
I had fun at this job
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, LAFebruary 20, 2019
This is a great job to have if you enjoy customer service and meeting new people. As a skating carhop, I met multiple business connections and advancement opportunities as well as being compensated accordingly for my professionalism.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Stressful envionment
Poorly managed
Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 19, 2019
It basically follows the trope of a fast food restaurant, the management is all 40 somethings who wished their life had turned out better so they take it out on their employees.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Awful management
One of my favorite jobs just cause of the money
Car Hop (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2019
I would work open to close most days but my manager paid me $5.00 an hour instead of waitress wage and I was pulling in over $80 in tips every day, so I made pretty good money. I went into a different job just because I was burning out on running running running all the time.
Cons
No benefits or set schedules
Poor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAFebruary 19, 2019
Employees were looked over training was not helpful and manager was never sensitive to sensitive matters discount for employees is not good for how hard you work
Being a cook sucks, however being a carhop pays much better and isn't as demanding
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Working there wasn't too bad if everyone did their part. I quit because the manager was lazy and didn't allow for any advancement. The boss was also a liar and kept a good assistant manager from advancing just to keep them.
Pros
5 dollars off
Cons
Almost no breaks, high workload, low pay
stressfull
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 19, 2019
I felt like when I worked at sonic it was a very horrible job. I would go in at 5 in the afternoon after high school and would not leave until 11 or 12 midnight. The manager was very serious and the people I worked with did not like me because I was new. The place had to be cleaned every single nights and the managers would not help and would make the carhops do everything. No matter how cold it was outside you were not allowed to wear a sweater unless it was from sonic. I had to carhop in the pouring rain and everyone just laughed when I was drenched in water. I promised myself I would never work at a fast food place every again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss