Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Found 14,212 reviews matching the search See all 14,235 reviews
Nice co-workers, poor managment
car hop (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJune 19, 2019
worked me past my scheduled time on school nights. Everyone was close but the general manager and owner. The gm would constantly scream at people for small things such as not walking fast enough.
Poor managing
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Converse, TXJune 19, 2019
At sonic the managers do not schedule people right, too many people will come in and people who just clocked in would have to fight in order to stay for the day. The workers there do not care about their jobs (only there for a paycheck) orders go out super late ending with me or another employee to try to defuse angry customers. I only recommend this job to people who are first starting workers ONLY.
Worked as as gm 80 hours a week, one day of a week if that . No training of the job. Worst job ever!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tarentum, PAJune 19, 2019
No training, very stressful with the owner coming in at the peak times with him making the team lose focus then complaining about times. Txt and phone calling regardless of time of day. Owner bringing in girlfriend who losses her composure and start yelling at the crew and myself!
Fun and exiting but loud at times
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXJune 19, 2019
It was nice to work there even though some of the workers can be loud sometimes the workers get to frustirated and it can make it quite hard to work with them bc they dont like talking to anyone
Can be a fun place to work but also overwhelming
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 19, 2019
Depending on the management the job could be fun, youre able to roller skate out to the cars to serve the customers. On busy days you can get alot of tips which make the job better than waitressing.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No breaks or very short breaks
Fun first job, good hours
Carhop/Fountain (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TX 76180June 19, 2019
The managers are flexible and will work with you if you are in school. Helps with communication skills and time management. You develop relationships and make money.
It was a fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJune 19, 2019
I wouldn’t mind going back it was really a fun place to work at, and the crew was really great. It was fast paced and really easy to catch on. Time flew working there and the customer interaction was awesome.
Fast paced
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, TXJune 19, 2019
The job was awesome for a little while then just got old then I had to move to junction Texas from onalaska Texas carhop and crew onalaska Texas 06/19/19
Fun workplace but can Get stressful quickly.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2019
Love Sonic period, even though it can get Busy and stressful quick. Though my last 2 experiences resulted in a young staff that is full of High School issues and drama. The manager at my most recent Sonic was as young as the whole crew itself, so there was favoritism, inappropriate relations in the workplace, and constant gossiping. Other than the hiring of young managers and employees without proper check ins by higher authorities, I Love Sonic Drive In!! Working in Las Vegas though you get what the city gives, Co-Workers Included.
Pros
Discounted Food and some Good Workers
Cons
Young Staff, Management
Fun upbeat environment
Co General Manager (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHJune 19, 2019
I loved working at Sonic! It was a shame to see it go. However that does not reflect on the specific store as they had mass closings nationwide. The environment was always fun and goal oriented! The district manager, gym and myself as co had several goals we were able to reach together with teamwork! Couldn’t have asked for better!
Fun Workplace
Car Hop/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 19, 2019
Sonic was a wonderful company to work for as a first job. Scheduling was flexible and the crew members were extremely friendly and made the job very fun. In addition to receiving a discount on food, you also make tips which really helps out with the face that it is a minimum wage job.
Sonic nice work experience
Car Hop/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 19, 2019
Typical day of work fast paced competitive some managers were good and some were bad not to hard of work. I learned from sonic I had to go my best you have to go fast to get the tips
Pros
All the other managers are good
Cons
Main manager isn’t the best
Productive and fun place
Car Hopper / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75038June 19, 2019
A lot of tips. Pay seems bad but the tips are definitely always worth it! Met a lot of really friendly people here, and hours were very flexible. In any job you have to start out small to succeed.
Pros
Free lunches
It’s okay
Carhop (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCJune 18, 2019
Working here was mediocre. It was neither fun nor boring. It was a little challenging but the pay is garbage. Managers are pretty chill though. They allow tattoos and piercings and dyed hair which is cool.
Flexible with schedule
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 18, 2019
I learned money management. A typical day was busy but not to much to handle. Management very good with working with your schedule. Hardest part of job is working in heat.
Messiest company I've ever worked for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 18, 2019
I was an assistant manager at the south parkway and Bailey cove locations in Huntsville. Despite trying to create a comfortable and organized work enviornment, nothing changed. Managers and GMs are verbally and some physically abusive. Most problems are swept under the rug and ignored, although if you cause enough fuss they'll relocate you to keep you quiet. I worked with a mother (GM) and daughter (crew) when I wrote the daughter up for cussing a customer and throwing things at him, the daughter tried to fight me and put hands on me and the GM (mom) did nothing but retaliated after I called the DM, which ended in me losing my job an HR away from the end of my shift night before Christmas Eve because I wasn't staying to scream and yell or fight them. So Needless to say terribly dramatic unprofessional messy company to work for, at least in Huntsville.
Fun but Stressful
Crew/Carhop (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 18, 2019
Poor management leading to inefficiency of work. Everyone caved under pressure and leniency of dress-code made for an unprofessional and miss-matched workplace.
Great job to be at
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 18, 2019
Typical day: busy non stop and great coworkers to help if needed
learned: money is worth making when hard work pays off
management: was okay couldve been better
workplace: clean but crammed with everyone working at once
hardest part was learning to do the money the first week
enjoyable part: everything to be honest, never had a problem
Pros
everything was great
Cons
none but wish they wouldve gave m my job back after my 6 weeks
Productive Fun Place To Work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 18, 2019
Very Good Job Opportunities. Very Good Money They Give You The Hours You Want As Well As The Time Off You Need. In All A Very Interesting And Fun Place Of Employment
productive and fun fast pace environment
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guthrie, OKJune 18, 2019
first time working in the fast food industry. very interesting fast pace, nevertheless fun. great experience that'll never forget. the managers were excellent at training me and very patient. caught on very fast on how things works
Pros
half off lunches and you always have something to do
Cons
short breaks and rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss