Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

52.7K
42.7K
32.7K
Found 9,842 reviews matching the search See all 9,857 reviews
good people overall just dead end job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 12, 2018
this is your first job. don't expect anything past being a manager, there are far better jobs out there especially if you got good work ethic and customer service.
Ehhhh
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSMay 12, 2018
This was my first job, and as much as I enjoyed my co-workers and managers, I didn't approve of the pay for some of the work I had to do.
Besides that. it'd be good for any young man or woman needing a first job
Work your butt off and get nothing in return
Sonic Carhop (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 12, 2018
Worked there almost a year and never got a song le raise. A new employee only working there a month takes the tests I told him about and gets a 50 cent raise
Pros
50% discount, tips
Cons
Short breaks low wages
Okay
Sonic Carhop (Current Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILMay 12, 2018
It’s Okay Theh could Be Better It’s Just At Time When You Have Important Call Offs They Act Like They DONT Care. The Mananasgers At Cool And The Job Is Awesome The Just Show No consideratio.
Cons
No Lunch, No Breaks
nice
Car Hop/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXMay 12, 2018
one of my first jobs at the time minimum wage was like 7.50 but the job was great everyone in such high spirits and the food was made fresh every time.
Its okay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNMay 12, 2018
Sonic is a little hectic but other than that it's a decent workplace. Everyone there is so sweet and they care about their employees. I worked there for 2 years
Busy fast paced.great management
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarendon, TXMay 12, 2018
Such a joy to work there.had some issues come up and management cared.management when I started was great and knew our town well.new manager although great just dont understand
Pros
Tips
Cons
Busy
Fast Paced and Friendly
Fountain (Former Employee) –  Wynne, ARMay 12, 2018
Sonic was a fast paced job. Everyone seemed to build a relationship working at Sonic together. I learned to work very fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was to get things done quickly and correctly to make the customers happy. Sometimes it could get difficult during a rush but everyone worked their hardest to push through to get things done. The workplace was enjoyable.
Pros
Discounts on meals after three months of employment
Cons
No benefits
Never again
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCMay 11, 2018
Management was awful, wouldn’t be that bad if they cared about you and your life outside of work. I literally had scabees (an awful rash that is contagious and itches) and they still made me work knowing what I had. Also they never worked around my school schedule.
Pros
you get tips if you skate food out along w getting paid min wage
Cons
u come home smelling of corn dogs and if u do ice cream it gets everywhere, also who’s idea was it to skate out food
Not bad for a first job
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 11, 2018
Working at Sonic is great if you're young and have no bills to pay. However, once you have to make enough money for monthly payments it gets hard. The hourly pay is awful but getting to go home with $40+ in tips after every shift was definitely the best part. It's kinda nice getting money to bring back immediately after work rather than waiting for the paychecks.
Pros
Simple, not too much stress
Cons
short shifts, rely a lot on tips sometimes
Hard workers have to e willing to give hours.
Assistant Manager Food Service (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TXMay 11, 2018
I am full time on top of a full time student. You have to be willing to work. If not don’t apply. They care fr the workers just hard sometimes when life gets in the way.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Not Listing
Fun and fast
Crew Leader/Carhop (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 11, 2018
It's a fun place to work. If you love to rollerblade, work here. The people are fun to work and laugh with. Be prepared to work fast and quickly or else.
Fast-paced and hard work
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 11, 2018
Most customers don't know to tip, so if you want good tips you need to work hard. Being on skates all day is hard, and might take getting used to, but once you're used to it it's fun. The main manager that interviewed me moved to a different location to train employees. He was excellent, but the replacement managers made working there a little difficult. Customers were prone to become impatient since the intercoms were poor quality. There was no crew, so carhops had to do the work of the crew members which slowed down the process significantly, resulting in lower or no tips.
Pros
ten dollars worth free food
Cons
fast-paced, stressful at times, rude customers
Horrible
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAMay 11, 2018
Most managers are rude and don't have respect for the workers. All managers aren't bad, but the way they spoke was unreasonable. Overall it wasn't a super bad job. The managers just mad it a hard place to work at.
fast paced , stressful environment
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 11, 2018
it wasn’t terrible but probably not the best job for someone who’s just starting out. never made many tips and the hours were crazy. if the managers didn’t like you, you didn’t get very many hours.
A bit disorganized
Cashier/General Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAMay 11, 2018
I worked at Sonic Drive In Restaurant Group many years ago. My overall experience was stressful as it was my first fast food position and management lacked patients and the appropriate skill set to teach a new employee,
Pros
discounts
Cons
quick tempered
not a very good job for anyone
Sonic Cook (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 10, 2018
very stressful and fast-pace horrible management. people that work with you are disrespectful and the owner treat workers badly and we didnt get fair pay
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I loved some of my co-works
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2018
The older employees needed to be let go. The regional manager will not fire them he is not an easy man to work with. Wouldn't approve updates on Machinery to help location improve and grow.
Pros
Love working with the employees
Cons
Treated managers like they didn't mean anything
Productive,active fastworkplace
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, SCMay 10, 2018
My days at sonic was decent. I learned to work at a fast pace at sonic i was always on time i used to love that job also
Sonic is like a fast food tranning it gets you perpared for how to move at a fast past
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
15 minite break
Fun and teamwork workplace
Carhop/Fountain (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MSMay 10, 2018
Even though being a carhop was kind of a low salary position, the teamwork and workplace is tremendous. Everyone helps out in every area of the business and they have great management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight