Sono Bello

Sono Bello Employee Reviews

United States250 reviews

sonosonobelloliposuctionsurgerypatientsurgeonnursesurgical

Medical staff beware

Overall this company is a sales company first, corporate puts money over staff and patients. The work load is exhausting for one person to take on, one nurse can be assigned to multiple tasks during the day making it difficult to get anything done. A lot of the time you’re never off at the scheduled time. You NEVER get a full lunch break. You do not have a work life balance at all. This company operates like an Assembly line and I question some of the staff I’ve seen brought on, working in an OR area with very little experienced nurses. If you don’t already have a background well... good luck. You’re thrown into the mix and hope there is someone there with some decent experience to take you in under their wing. This place is literally a law suit waiting to happen. It is VERY clear upper management/ administration doesn’t care about the medical staff. They do not see eye to eye on a lot of things and it causes a ridiculous amount of problems and stress for the medical side. It has been brought up multiple times by nurses and drs yet the issues are never addressed. Most of the people on the admin side have no experience running an OR or scheduling surgeries. It’s already setting the nurses and drs up for disaster. They do pay well, but after you’ve had enough no amount of money will make you want to stay, probably explains why this center has an extremely high turn over rate. I’ve seen 4 practice managers in less than 3 years here and multiple nurses and drs leave during this time frame as well.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Lucky to get a full break, chaotic schedule, no Saturdays off

Free surgery after one year of employment, but it can take year or longer to get it. Poor leadership and management on all levels.

If you’re a hard worker who wants to be recognized or rewarded for your hard work, this isn’t the place for you. If you want a work/life balance, don’t go to SonoBello. If you’re lazy and want to receive the same raises as the hard workers, then you’ve found the right place. Advancement is based on seniority, not skills or qualifications. Employee turnover is very high because ultimately management does not care about its employees, largely because they are immature and not qualified to be in their role.

Sono Bello insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

The pay isn’t terrible starting out and you receive a free surgery after a year of employment.

Leadership is lacking from the top down. Don’t ever expect to leave on time. And if you ask to leave by a certain time, you will be treated poorly. (So if you’re scheduled to get off at 4, but ask to leave by 5 for an appointment, you will be told you’re not a team player.). Raises are a joke and management is unqualified, and uncaring. And retaliation is common. If you value work life balance, or working in a respectful environment, this isn’t the place for you.

Nurse

If you’re an opening nurse, count meds, set up OR. Once patient arrives nurse completes assessment, make sure all paperwork has been signed. Mid shift comes in, starts sending patients for preop appointments…

Too much expected of one role, Poor management, Lack of work/life balance

Too much expected of one role - You will not only be responsible for performing treatments, sales and building a full schedule for yourself, but you will also be doing FDC/clerical duties - almost everything pertaining to Venus is on you and it is basically your own little Venus business. It was extremely overwhelming to have all of these responsibilities once I became busier and had a full schedule. Not realistic for one person.Poor management - If you are not ready to hit the ground running after your 3-4 days of shadowing an AT, your job may be threatened. Management enjoys putting as much as possible on your plate. Little to no recognition/appreciation. Favoritism. Lack of work/life balance- Didn't get days off without management scolding me for it/continuously using it against me after approving requests. Little to no flexibility in schedule. Long workdays. Burnout. Overall the culture is just okay. The environment was a little depressing and I saw many patients who were unhappy with their surgery experience. Very outdated ways of doing things here (the chart system is the absolute worst). Doctors not very approachable. Pay was fair until they began to continously assign me more duties. This job would've been a little better if there were other AT's you work with, but it is just nurses and doctors who want nothing to do with Venus. I would not recommend Sono Bello, at least this location, to work at as an Aesthetician. There are much better options out there!

Fantastic Environment

I love my job. From the patients to the people I work with. We truly are a team. I never dread going in to work. We always have fun, even when things get busy and crazy. I feel supported by my coworkers and managers.

Experience working at Sonobello

Sonobello Raleigh has potential but leadership has not a clue of what they are doing. There is no support and they don’t take care of the nurses. The turnaround is insane. They currently have a doctor who doesn’t respect no one there and the reason why over 10 nurses left. Do not work here. You will not be appreciated.

Pros

Interacting with patients

Cons

Not a supportive company

Cool place.

Not a bad job if that’s what you’re looking for. Needed something during the pandemic that would let me work from home and this was it. In and about that’s my motto!

Meh

It was a job. Learned a lot and was very fast paced. Lunch was nonexistent (eat in 5 min or less). No work life/balance. If you are single, childless, great opportunity. Otherwise, probably not.

It’s ok

The pay is great, benefits are ok. They just put unrealistic expectations on you. The bottom line is money… period. The actual job, helping people look and feel their best is great but there is absolutely no work-life balance. Not a great place to work if you have a family.

Overload

Always short staff big turn around for quitters , always over booked so your doing 5 jobs at a time . Very toxic everyone is wanting to leave or pending a new job

Happy side of nursing

As an LVN I find great pleasure working in the San Antonio location. We make a great team. We work together as a team. I’ve been learning a lot. I’m definitely happy to be working here.

Happy Medicine and fun place to work!

Great place to work! A beautiful surgical center with friendly staff. Employees are very team-oriented and the leadership team is supportive. Nashville is growing; so we are busy, but adding staff to keep up with pace. Happy medicine and feels great knowing you have played a roll in helping someone feel their very best! Sono Bello takes care of their team members- offering perks! Overall great company to work for!

Pros

Family oriented, perks, great surgeons and staff, great benefits!

Cons

Some days are very busy

Fast paced and fun environment

Sono Bello is a fast paced growing company and it’s not for everyone. The environment is busy but fun. You’re a part of changing lives and nothing feels better than that!

Pros

Bonuses for all and center groceries

Cons

The pace can be a lot. You have to prioritize

A Place to Grow and Learn!!!

An amazing growing company that allows you to be your best self. You are constantly learning new things, and senior level management truly listens and makes changes based on suggestions. I am constantly amazed by my coworkers and fellow leaders and learn from each of them on a daily basis. Regional management is supportive and guides you to develop in your role. If you want growth and are eager to learn, this is a great place for someone to build a career.

Pros

Positive environment, free lunches, contests and bonuses, amazing surgeons

Cons

Fast paced and busy, the perfect place if you want growth and challenges each day.

Rewarding career with room for advancement

Come join a growing company that pushes you to do your best, work in an environment that encourages fun, and gives you goals to work towards! We provide the training and support you need to be successful and if you are willing to put in the work, you will be rewarded. We look to promote within before looking for external applicants and encourage each other to succeed. The best part is working with such strong, hard working, and fun people.

Happy medicine and fun work environment!

I have worked for SonoBello for 6.5 years and I cannot imagine working anywhere else! It is amazing to work in such a positive work environment with such a fun team! Being involved in so many life changing patient transformations is truly a rewarding experience. SonoBello is one of the only companies I have worked for that celebrates all different types of cultures, races, genders, etc with special speakers, lunches, gifts, and events for the staff. They truly care about every single employee within the company! I have been lucky enough to be one of the many employees who have grown within the company and been promoted to new job roles which have provided me with new experiences and also opportunities to travel around the U.S. to other locations. I look forward to my continued growth and success with SonoBello for many years to come!

Pros

Happy medicine, free lunches, staff events, great benefits, competitive pay, great team work, opportunities for growth, fun work environment.

Cons

Some locations are open on Saturdays, but we have off Sunday and Monday which I actually prefer!

Do not work here

Horrible beyond compair. There is no work life balance. You are expected to work 24/7. When you're off the clock, on weekends, on holidays, in the middle of the night, and even then all of your efforts will never be enough. If a patient is unhappy with their results and wants to complian about something so they project their anger onto you amd complain about you, then it's your fault no matter what. Sono bello is a company who values quantity over quality and it is very apparent in the results they leave their patients butchered with. And the high amount of wound care and infections that are seen post op. Both of which become your problem as the RN. You will be expected to handle all of the tedious and timely wound care, even having to buy the wound care supplies yourself. Your efforts and contributions will never be appreciated. Instead you will get in trouble for "taking to long" to provide adequate and appropriate care to these patients. On top of everything else you are expected to do and complete. All of which you will be expected to do completely alone, since you will be the only RN and "no one else can do your job". This job and its lack of proper management and complete unorganization will completely run you down and blacken your soul to the point where you won't even recognize yourself anymore when you look into the mirror. If you are considering taking this position then I urge you to run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

Cons

Management, no work life balance, negative PM, no appreciation

Do not work here

Worst place I’ve ever worked. Overworked and underpaid. Management doesn’t appreciate hard workers and will take advantage. Gives you the run around about raises and promotion. Messy culture.

Do not work here!!

Very high turnover!! This job will have you working long hours with no family life work balance. They will work you and stick you into a hot OR doing surgeries for hours with no break. OR's are mot clean. No room for advancement. There is no good training. Clinical manager, nurses and medical assistant all quit within a week. There are plenty of other great places to work. DO NOT WORK HERE YOU WILL WASTE YOUR TIME!!

Pros

Snacks in the breakroom

Cons

Fast paced with great leadership support

Great place to work as an LPN! A beautiful surgical center with friendly staff. Employees are very team-oriented and the leadership team is supportive. Corporate also takes care of the employees - buying groceries and lunches for staff, giving float holidays for pride month and mlk, and offering perks and bonuses whenever possible. Overall great company to work for!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sono Bello. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.9
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
1.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight