Sono Bello

Sono Bello Employee Reviews in Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ14 reviews

sonosonobelloliposuctionsurgerypatientsurgeonnursesurgical

Decent workplace, somewhat friendly

The workload was overwhelming but the people were great. Each day there was alot of work to be done and time would fly by. Lots of changes were being made constantly.

No work life balance

Felt as though my license was in jeopardy. No lunch breaks. High turnover. Pressure to upsell procedures. Management was not supportive. Inefficient staff ratio.

Official response from Sono Bello

November 25, 2022
We're sorry you feel this way about your time at Sono Bello. We can assure you, that as a company, people are at the center of our business, and ethical practices for our patients and team members is a top priority. If you believe that there was a violation of our code of conduct, please share details anonymously by reaching out here: https://form.jotform.com/222565892771063. Your transparent feedback helps us become a better workplace. Thank you.

Sono Bello insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Too much expected of one role, Poor management, Lack of work/life balance

Too much expected of one role - You will not only be responsible for performing treatments, sales and building a full schedule for yourself, but you will also be doing FDC/clerical duties - almost everything pertaining to Venus is on you and it is basically your own little Venus business. It was extremely overwhelming to have all of these responsibilities once I became busier and had a full schedule. Not realistic for one person.Poor management - If you are not ready to hit the ground running after your 3-4 days of shadowing an AT, your job may be threatened. Management enjoys putting as much as possible on your plate. Little to no recognition/appreciation. Favoritism. Lack of work/life balance- Didn't get days off without management scolding me for it/continuously using it against me after approving requests. Little to no flexibility in schedule. Long workdays. Burnout. Overall the culture is just okay. The environment was a little depressing and I saw many patients who were unhappy with their surgery experience. Very outdated ways of doing things here (the chart system is the absolute worst). Doctors not very approachable. Pay was fair until they began to continously assign me more duties. This job would've been a little better if there were other AT's you work with, but it is just nurses and doctors who want nothing to do with Venus. I would not recommend Sono Bello, at least this location, to work at as an Aesthetician. There are much better options out there!

Official response from Sono Bello

November 15, 2022
Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. It’s disappointing to hear about your experience with management and work-life balance. At Sono Bello, we promote a productive environment built on trust, communication, and work-life balance. We never want our employees to feel overworked, underappreciated, or disrespected. It's because of transparent feedback like yours, that we're happy to say we've modified our training and now have more support for our teams. We're a growing company with many new managers. We're dedicated to setting up management with hands-on training so that all employees have an exceptional experience moving forward. If you have more details you think would benefit these efforts, we would love to hear them: https://form.jotform.com/222565892771063

Do not work here!!

Very high turnover!! This job will have you working long hours with no family life work balance. They will work you and stick you into a hot OR doing surgeries for hours with no break. OR's are mot clean. No room for advancement. There is no good training. Clinical manager, nurses and medical assistant all quit within a week. There are plenty of other great places to work. DO NOT WORK HERE YOU WILL WASTE YOUR TIME!!

Pros

Snacks in the breakroom

Cons

Imbalanced paced process with too many tasks expected of one role

constantly understaffed with incorrect or broken supplies to preform surgery with. No team work is promoted and money is the goal. In healthcare ethics and morals should be put first and that’s not something that Sonobello prioritizes

Amazing team! I love my Sono Bello family!

This is a company with integrity that truly cares about it's employees. We are fast paced and never dull. You wont find a more motivating company to work for and the perks are top notch! Sono Bello takes pride in providing the ultimate patient experience. Transforming lives just feels good!

Pros

Great benefits, diverse environment, fast paced

Horrible management

Vents above surgical beds, ants in surgical room, mishandling of bio waste, mishandling of pharmaceuticals and poor atmosphere at the mercy of the doctors attitude of the day.

Pros

Cons

Ethics, policies not commonly practiced unless being surveyed

Not worth the headache

You will learn a lot and be pushed to your absolute limit - and you will lose your mind in the process. Management is a beast of its own, like the movie mean girls. If you don’t get in you will get pushed out. Some of the best award winning saleswomen left the company before me because of the bullying behavior from the two women at the top (blonde/brunette). I should have listened to the warnings. It’s a nightmare and not worth it.

Supportive and enthusiastic

I have been working at Sono Bello for over a year and a half now and I have loved it thoroughly. This environment offers unique experiences for an LPN, including circulating in surgery, learning to scrub in and assist the doctor, mastering IV starts, and providing an amazing experience for patients. The team we have here is the best I could ever ask for. I feel completely supported and encouraged in everything. This environment challenges me to continue growing while providing me with everything I need to be successful. I have received emails congratulating my accomplishments from our Regional Director as well as the Chief Medical Officer. You are not just a number in this company. Feeling appreciated only makes me want to work harder and share that same feeling of success with each patient that comes through these doors. The patients can feel the positive energy here and regularly comment on how great the environment is. I could not ask for a better company to be part of or a better team to work with.

No loyalty from the manager or the other employees

You will find the manager and most of the staff will stab you in the back as soon as you turn around. The manager's only concern is making money and the doctor's are experts at the one shot put downs and verbal abuse. They went through 33 employees in one year before I left. Any company with that level of turn over is a lost cause.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Team dynamic work environment

Sono Bello is a very team driven place to work, all staff has to maintain a cooperative status to ensure the daily surgeries get done. Staff is friendly and get along which makes working together a breeze

Hard work pays off

Fast paced, high pressure and competitive., If you can handle that pressure, you'll do great! It is a great company. It is strictly performance based, if you lack in that area of sales. Don't bother. Numbers is the game here.

Pros

compensation

Cons

lack of security

Run run run

Initially when I started working for this company I LOVED IT! It allowed me to gain experience in a whole new field of nursing. The hours were great (long days), the people were nice and I sure as heck beat pushing the cart at the SNF. However i slowly began to see that upper management not limited but including HR and the president of the company do not care about staff. they only care about the sale. they will sell these procedures knowing it is unsafe for the patient due to staff inexperience,or just not enough staff. They do not care. All the bad reviews you read about this company are accurate.High turnover low pay no support from upper management, ever. If you have any type of moral compass RUN RUN RUN. This is not the place for you. If you are a nurse that is lazy, rather push sells, and like to get paid less than what they are worth, SoNOgood is the place for you.

Pros

fully stocked breakroom

Cons

never have time to enjoy a break or urinate.

Save yourself and dont work here

I was hired for a part time nursing The management was super friendly and easy to talk to. The lead nurse was friendly and was willing to jump in when needed. I ended up having to quit my dream job as on surgical nurse due to verbal abuse from the doctors. The first doctor yelled at me and the nurse training me while in the OR with the patient on the table awake. The management dealt with him and all was ok after that with that doctor. The next doctor told me that I was uneducated due to me using a calculator to do medication math. He yelled and degraded me for the next 30mins in the OR. Told management and they talked to him. The degrading and verbal abuse increased after that. I did not feel that management was willing to do anything about it other then allowing me to quit. This is one of there main doctors so they keep the money maker/abuser. I was told that turn over is an issue. While I was there they lost a nurse that had been there less then 4 weeks. There where at least 2 nurses before me that had been there less then a year. Just know that you will have to deal with verbal abuse if you work there.

Pros

They have two doors to be able to walk out of if needed

Cons

Verbal abuse from the doctors and management could care less.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sono Bello. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight