Sonoma Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place to work.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAMay 4, 2018
This is a great place to work. All the employees are a great to work with. Job is easy but sometime they can add a load on you. with out getting credit for it. I worked there for 5 years. But i do not want to be stuck there forever, in the same position. I'm looking to grow.
Pros
People i work with.
Cons
workload at times.
Fun and rewarding.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAMarch 3, 2018
the culture of SVH is diverse. The patient population is also diverse. Patients seemed to really appreciate everything we did for them, Management is approachable, family type of environment. I enjoyed working at Sonoma Valley Hospital, and I would go back again of a position opens up. I really liked having a self schedule. Nurses always willing to trade or switch if something personal comes up with family or travel. Good PTO!!
Pros
Good PTO, Family environment, small community Hospital
Cons
Birth Place closed a lot
Sonoma Valley
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAFebruary 18, 2018
clock in, head down stairs to receive the duties of the day which there is usually some type of over flow due to the lack of work done the night before. working alone in different departments while receiving calls to assist other departments. locking up and opening the hospital when working as janitor.
Decent job
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CASeptember 9, 2017
Its a slow paced, easy hospital. Although they treat everyone like they aren't permanent. If they were able to give better raises people would stay there forever.
Pros
Nice place
Cons
OK pay
Not enough time spent there
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Surgical TechSeptember 2, 2017
I only worked there for 2 months. I was employed there right after graduation and there were only 3 Ors and only 2 would run consecutively. I felt I didn't get enough time to keep my training. I don't feel I can give an adequate review.
Bad departments, great organization as a whole.
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAApril 21, 2017
Overall, no room for advancement and management does very little to improve the quality of the departments work, however as an organization SVH is a great place to work.
quiet rural type hospital
ICU & ER RN (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Great facility with extremely low acuity and excellent clientele. This is a community hospital in the middle of Northern Ca wine country. Spa like setting.
Struggling to survive d/t small hospital
Out patient Wound and Ostomy Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CASeptember 2, 2016
D/T changes in Medicare reimbursement, it is a struggle to survive but we area a team and are working together to keep the hospital open.
Innovative work environment
Registered Radiologic Technologist, Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAAugust 8, 2016
The best part of this job in radiology was working with innovative leaders. Our breast imaging program was one of the best in our region.
Great staff, Small location
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAMay 21, 2016
People who work here are fantastic, but the community and hospital is small. slow pace and a lot of down time. Great place to start a career in the medical field.
The best team work in surgery department
Clinical Coordinator Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAOctober 4, 2015
Small town feel, positive, team effort on both sides of surgical experience. excellend patient care. Supportive director allows for creativity. Opportunities for personal development
Pros
Staff
Cons
Variability of patient census
LVN Emergency Dept (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAAugust 25, 2015
My first job out of LVN school, I was hired into the emergency department and will be forever grateful for the opportunity,
fun, upbeat, place to work for high school/young adults
ADMITTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAMarch 20, 2015
Learned appropriate customer interaction. Stocked merchandise, worked cash register, and promoted sales, deals, specials, ect. Co-workers were always nice and worked hard, just like management.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
short breaks
Great people to work with, exciting environment
Painter (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CANovember 12, 2014
I get work orders to repair surfaces in the building or repaint and renovtion of rooms . The hardest part of the job is working in infection controled areas, like plastic inclosers . The most enjoyable part is to see my finish work.
benefits
Cons
I am seeking to utilize more of my skills.
Worked Med surg 12 hr shifts
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAOctober 6, 2014
I loved woking for this facility, but LVN's were phased out. Now that I'm an RN even though I worked there previously, I am considered a "New Grad" not experienced enough
Pros
12 hr shifts so had more days off
Cons
Being called off due to low census
Good administrative support
Sonoma Valley Home Health Care RN (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CASeptember 26, 2014
Good place to acquire basic home health nursing skills. Great patients to work with. Nice country to view during work day.
Pros
Nice views of country in Sonoma Valley!
Cons
Breaks were few and far between.
Very insecure place to work
Full time September 2012 to July 2014 (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAAugust 26, 2014
The hospital is going though major problems and many people are layed off. Long term employees.
Pros
Cons
flexed off alot and watched many 30+ year employees layed off
Organized friendly hospital
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAApril 10, 2013
I worked at SVH twice throughout my career. I loved the staff in the lab and emergency room. I had a lot of skills developed while there. I miss my co-workers.
Pros
organized
Very comfortable environment to work at.
Housekeeping & Floor crew supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CANovember 29, 2012
My job at Sonoma Valley Hospital was to supervise contracted housekeepers in a detailed cleaning of specified wings of the hospital. I made sure that all health and safety regulations were not being violated and inforced. I inspected all rooms to make sure they were up to the standards of being clean and safe for the patients, and to always leave each patient with a positive outlook on the company. I would also interact with the Management to continue to get further instructions, I was also responsible for payroll of 6 employees on my crew.
Pros
great break room to relax and unwind to continue your shift after lunch or break.
Cons
none i can recall
Community oriented facility. Community oriented staff with strong core values of collective wellbeing and camaradery
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  SONOMA, CASeptember 12, 2012
Very good place to work if you want to work full time and have plenty of time to spend with your family. Or study. Very supportive management in expanding your skills while going to school. Great place to work overall
Pros
family and team oriented community hospital
Cons
low census at times, with staffing issues.