Sonora Quest Laboratories Employee Reviews

Productive fun place
Health Information Management Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2018
assisting patients with queistion and computer problems . looking up accounts and helping to get them to work, giving patients what they are looking for.
Pros
management is understand and do not micro manage employees
Cons
no overtime
Great work from home option
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2018
The department began their work from home initiative in October 2017 which gave their employees a better work/life balance. The benefits offered thru the company were also second to none.
Busy environment
HIMS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 22, 2018
Busy environment, I like helping others, patients, clients, and customers. No difficulties I am adept with the responsibilities I am accountable for in my position.
Pros
year bonus
Cons
Need more employees
Very productive.
Cytogenetics Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2018
Sonora Quest Labs is a very efficient place to work. It is very secure. The people are its greatest asset. It is a very friendly enviroment to work in.
Good teams nice coworkers
Trainer Customer Service Patient Billing (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85281June 30, 2018
It was a great place. I loved it till we got a new supervisor. A supervisor that had no background in patient billing. Or call center environment. But all in all I enjoyed my time there the employees were amazing.
Pros
Great teams
Still processing...
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 22, 2018
Being a patient and a dedicated employee to SQL, I enjoy working here. My supervisor is amazing. I've been with the company for six months. Working on becoming a phleb ll and for my 1 year hoping to move to a hospital for overnights. Everday is something new and I cant wait to continue my career with SQL. Thank you!
Cons
Pay
I left because I was getting tired of working the weekends.
Med Lab Courier (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 17, 2018
I worked at Sonora Laboratories for over 14 years. The management was never great, but grew worse over the years. Sonora Labs, and Banner Hospitals are associated with Laboratory Sciences of AZ. Banner Hospitals are expanding in the Valley, along with Banner Urgent Care. With all of the expansion of Banner Hospitals and Banner Urgent Care's in the Valley, they don't hire more med lab couriers to cover the extra stops, they just pile it on the existing couriers. I needed a handcart for picking up pathology, containers with specimens, and dropping off dry ice and cold packs. The handcarts in their company cars were always broken or missing. I just bought my own handcart to avoid the stress of trying to find a handcart that worked. In my opinion, Sonora Labs is stressed out with all of their new growth, and they are stressing out their couriers to cover their expansion. I have accumulated a lot of PTO, but had a hard time using it, because management never had enough drivers to cover their bases. In my opinion, there was a lack of communication from management and to their employees. Logistics now has a new management team that has been initiated since last Nov., and since that time most of the dispatchers have been fired or have quit. I talk to a lot of people who work at Sonora. Almost all of them say, that Sonora has changed a lot, and not for the better.
Pros
They have good benefits like health care, but every year it becomes more expensive, and covers less. You do accumulate PTO, even working part-time.
Cons
Lack of communication from mangement. .
as a former sql employee
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 8, 2018
I dont know if someone would actually read this but I worked for Sonora Quest for almost a year. Within that year i found out i was very sick Sonora Quest made it near impossible to care for myself and family, I couldnt take anymore time off when i did take time off my supervisor made it seem like i was being a burden. Then i was asked to be removed from a site, this site had gone through at least 4 to 5 phlebotomist in a year and was a very problem site, made it clear they didnt want us to be there, But i got let go sonora quest and my supervisor never had my back or questioned what was really going on. I know for a fact i am not the only employee that feels this way. At Sonora quest the employees are just a number it doesnt matter what you do how how much you try,which is why the turn around rate is so high. I truly went into this company wanting to retire but how wrong was i when you see how employees get treated there.
Pros
your just a number to them
Cons
employee benefits
Learning experience
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 18, 2018
I had a nice time working at sonora. I learned to type fast and accurately. learned a lot about specific medical info. like blood, serum and how to operate a specific machines.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
sat down a lot
Great at playing favoritism
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMay 16, 2018
Leadership needs to grow up. Always drama. Leadership talks behind backs to other emploees. If you are a favorite, you can do almost anything you want. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Leaders need to be professional and not so personal with some employees.
Over worked and poorly managed
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2018
It was like High School all over again! Everyone talked behind everyone's back! Fellow employees bring you down on how much they hate it.. The pay sucks! Management is never around..
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Pay is horrible, Nobody listens, Management is nowhere to be found! Too many thing's to list.
Great entry level position
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 26, 2018
Sonora quest lab/ a fast pace patient/client friendly place to work I have worked in two departments /long term care/correspondence processing claims.
Pros
Lunch and break room provided very clean
Cons
Shared space with other companies in the building
productive, fast paced
BILLING/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 16, 2018
contract position, fast paced stressful environment, it did however make the day go by very quickly. i do not feel that i was paid enough while working here, you are over worked and under paid.
Close to home.
Pros
close to home
Cons
over worked
Work Day
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2018
Very busy. Short staff. Lots of regulations. Low wages. No respect for employee. Unprofessional management. Bad hours. Bad policies. No benefits. Lots of responsibilities
great locations
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 11, 2018
I loved working in an IOP and the PSCs had an excellent high paced job and my own office over all great place to work just did not pay enough for all the required duties
Pros
great locations, fast paced, own office
Cons
no good benefits, poor pay
Medical Laboratory Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 30, 2018
It can get real busy in the lab but the techs generally work well together. Management is better than any place I have worked. Nice, big open lab unlike some small stuffy hospital labs.
Pros
Pay, benefits, advancement opportunities
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 25, 2018
I love what I do and enjoy working for the company. I welcome the unknown challenges that being in the healthcare field and use that as inspiration to make me better at my job.
Too long ago to remember
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 14, 2018
Don't remember much about this job. I was hear for very long and I hated it the whole time. I wasn't trained and was told this is what you call about and so I just did the best I could
Cytogenetic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85281March 7, 2018
I liked all aspects of working at Sonora Quest. The team was fun and friendly and management knew what they were doing. The benefits were pretty good.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Somewhat stressful
phleb
Phlebotomist (POCT certified) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2018
great company to work for, they always have overtime most of the time you end up working on weekends but you get a differential pay. Super great staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonora Quest Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight