Sonora Quest Laboratories Employee Reviews

Productive to work there
Senior Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 9, 2018
Loved my job but had to move out of state. Really good company. Management is great along with all the team players. Work life balance was very good.
The co-workers were very nice.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2018
A typical day at Sonora was meeting and greeting patients. Take their information from doctor for the lab test. Take their insurance information. The hardest part of the job was working with patients that were irate.
Pros
We received a yearly bonus
Cons
No raise in 3 years
For the most part enjoyed working for Sonora Quest but when a site closes they place u wherever rathee than making sure it will be a good fit for the
Phlebotomist I (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 27, 2018
Try to cut costs over having the correct tools to perform blood draws especially on elderly and very difficult sicks. Many patients ask for the butterfly but couldn’t always use the butterfly due to only being allowed to have 100 per month.
Sonora can benefit from taking better care of employees
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bullhead, SDSeptember 23, 2018
Sonora can benefit from taking better care of their employees and showing appreciation. Such a huge company and they should be able to show more appreciation to their employees
Fun co-workers
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Great and fun co-workers and plenty of pot lucks. You will never go hungry. Great team activities during lab week. Plenty of company sponsored events. Great location.
Team enviroment
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 1, 2018
A nice place to work. Logistics department all worked in conjunction as a team to complete our job efficiently. Management work with each of our needs to make a pleasant work environment.
Pros
All worked as a team.
Cons
Once you leave, you cannot be re-hired.
A hard working company, with good benefits
Phlebotomy Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2018
By changing areas, from PSC to IOP it was difficult to manage the lab's priorities with those in the DOCTOR's office. I learned very much, and became in a good Phlebotomist.
Pros
Good insurance, And benefits.
supportive culture
business professional (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2018
good work-life balance, supportive culture, a bit old-fashioned, sometimes lack of inter-departmental communication and coordination. very good senior management team.
Pretty good
Technical coordinator (Former Employee) –  AZ MesaAugust 6, 2018
Good company . Follow the values . Good chances for promotion . See the contribution of employees.. can apply for inside promotions. I had a good experience
Pros
Good company
Cons
Has two sides banner and Sonora quest.
Productive fun place
Health Information Management Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2018
assisting patients with queistion and computer problems . looking up accounts and helping to get them to work, giving patients what they are looking for.
Pros
management is understand and do not micro manage employees
Cons
no overtime
Great work from home option
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2018
The department began their work from home initiative in October 2017 which gave their employees a better work/life balance. The benefits offered thru the company were also second to none.
Busy environment
HIMS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 22, 2018
Busy environment, I like helping others, patients, clients, and customers. No difficulties I am adept with the responsibilities I am accountable for in my position.
Pros
year bonus
Cons
Need more employees
Very productive.
Cytogenetics Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2018
Sonora Quest Labs is a very efficient place to work. It is very secure. The people are its greatest asset. It is a very friendly enviroment to work in.
Good teams nice coworkers
Trainer Customer Service Patient Billing (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85281June 30, 2018
It was a great place. I loved it till we got a new supervisor. A supervisor that had no background in patient billing. Or call center environment. But all in all I enjoyed my time there the employees were amazing.
Pros
Great teams
Still processing...
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 22, 2018
Being a patient and a dedicated employee to SQL, I enjoy working here. My supervisor is amazing. I've been with the company for six months. Working on becoming a phleb ll and for my 1 year hoping to move to a hospital for overnights. Everday is something new and I cant wait to continue my career with SQL. Thank you!
Cons
Pay
Official response from Sonora Quest Laboratories
August 23, 2018

Thank YOU for your hard work and patience! We appreciate stories like this and are invested in seeing you succeed!

I left because I was getting tired of working the weekends.
Med Lab Courier (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 17, 2018
I worked at Sonora Laboratories for over 14 years. The management was never great, but grew worse over the years. Sonora Labs, and Banner Hospitals are associated with Laboratory Sciences of AZ. Banner Hospitals are expanding in the Valley, along with Banner Urgent Care. With all of the expansion of Banner Hospitals and Banner Urgent Care's in the Valley, they don't hire more med lab couriers to cover the extra stops, they just pile it on the existing couriers. I needed a handcart for picking up pathology, containers with specimens, and dropping off dry ice and cold packs. The handcarts in their company cars were always broken or missing. I just bought my own handcart to avoid the stress of trying to find a handcart that worked. In my opinion, Sonora Labs is stressed out with all of their new growth, and they are stressing out their couriers to cover their expansion. I have accumulated a lot of PTO, but had a hard time using it, because management never had enough drivers to cover their bases. In my opinion, there was a lack of communication from management and to their employees. Logistics now has a new management team that has been initiated since last Nov., and since that time most of the dispatchers have been fired or have quit. I talk to a lot of people who work at Sonora. Almost all of them say, that Sonora has changed a lot, and not for the better.
Pros
They have good benefits like health care, but every year it becomes more expensive, and covers less. You do accumulate PTO, even working part-time.
Cons
Lack of communication from mangement. .
as a former sql employee
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 8, 2018
I dont know if someone would actually read this but I worked for Sonora Quest for almost a year. Within that year i found out i was very sick Sonora Quest made it near impossible to care for myself and family, I couldnt take anymore time off when i did take time off my supervisor made it seem like i was being a burden. Then i was asked to be removed from a site, this site had gone through at least 4 to 5 phlebotomist in a year and was a very problem site, made it clear they didnt want us to be there, But i got let go sonora quest and my supervisor never had my back or questioned what was really going on. I know for a fact i am not the only employee that feels this way. At Sonora quest the employees are just a number it doesnt matter what you do how how much you try,which is why the turn around rate is so high. I truly went into this company wanting to retire but how wrong was i when you see how employees get treated there.
Pros
your just a number to them
Cons
employee benefits
Learning experience
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 18, 2018
I had a nice time working at sonora. I learned to type fast and accurately. learned a lot about specific medical info. like blood, serum and how to operate a specific machines.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
sat down a lot
Great at playing favoritism
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMay 16, 2018
Leadership needs to grow up. Always drama. Leadership talks behind backs to other emploees. If you are a favorite, you can do almost anything you want. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Leaders need to be professional and not so personal with some employees.
Over worked and poorly managed
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2018
It was like High School all over again! Everyone talked behind everyone's back! Fellow employees bring you down on how much they hate it.. The pay sucks! Management is never around..
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Pay is horrible, Nobody listens, Management is nowhere to be found! Too many thing's to list.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonora Quest Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight