Sonos, Inc Employee Reviews

Surrounded by talented people
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 21, 2018
People at Sonos are very nice and talented. It's a fun place to work with great snacks and beer. Also Santa Barbara is a beautiful place to live. I was an intern and learned a lot.
Retail perspective
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
They haven’t figured out how to run ther retail department. The number of cooks in the kitchen on the storefront denture is debilitating to overall functionality. People higher up pretend to listen but don’t actually.
Fun place to be and very exciting for opportunities to flourish
Product Design Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 14, 2017
Incredibly talented team. The work atmosphere is constantly changing and there is little chance to find firm ground when management is changing so quickly.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Management changes every 6 months
Work hard, your pay counts on stock being valuable
EPM (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 24, 2017
Lots of smart people, but no prima donnas.
Work hard, play hard.
Flexible hours, but expect to work a lot of hours.
They have a policy of wanting the top 10% of recruits but pay the median.salary. Your compensation depends on someday your stock options being valuable and more importantly becoming liquid.
Very stressful
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 27, 2017
The workplace is calm and fun but the job it's self is very stressful, you have to have the knowledge to carry out the job but customers are very streasful to deal with
Proceed with caution
Software (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2017
Cons:
-They do not let employees review their managers, so when people are mismanaged no one ever knows. People quietly disappear often due to not being set up to succeed or they were mismanaged and no one would ever know. I have seen people uproot their life to move to one of the main locations then disappear a few months in.
- Not much upward growth. Its a big company that does not do well working across silos.
- They now have lot of competition.
- Company is not as cool as you think it would be, don't believe the product branding crosses over into the work place. Not diverse, some silos can be bro-ish.
- No 401K matching
- No Raises

Pros
- Good discount on product
- Decent Bonus
- Office spaces are nice in all the locations
- Stock - would be nice if it was something that could be cashed out.
- Cool product to work on
- Decent Vacation and time off policy

Advice to Management:

Set people up for success, it is not always the individual contributor that is the problem. You created a culture where managers are never given reviews are not held accountable from the people they manage. Get more people leaders, treat people well not just managers/directors.
Really unique culture with some growing pains
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 14, 2016
There are come incredible and unique things about Sonos that I love - directness and transparency at all levels of the organization, people who are deeply passionate about music and the music-listening experience (and therefore our mission), and a level of caring and ownership about the company that I've never experienced anywhere else. That said, it's a hard and exciting time for us right now. There is a lot of foundational work to be done to build a truly long lasting company and not always enough resources to do it. We've lost some of the "start-upy" culture elements that people who've been here a while loved and small pockets of employees are trying to retain that while we also work on the scaling and process work and become more cost-containment focused. So we are in a stage of a lot of change and evolution - it will be a telling 6-18 months and so far I feel optimistic that we'll be able to keep the fundamental things about us that make us different.
Pros
A lot of challenging work to do, lots of autonomy to do good work while collaborating with smart, music-obsessed co workers
Cons
At a stage where more scaling and process is probably needed, difficult to balance that with the cool, experience-led, start-up vibe, but everyone is trying hard to keep that unique culture as we grow and scale
Great culture and challenging work environment
Talent Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 6, 2015
I scheduled interviews and made sure that all candidates were taken care of during their interview process.

I learned a lot about the full-time work world and plan to apply all of my knowledge gained into my new roles in the future.

My manager was remote in Boston, which made things rather difficult since he wasn't always there to see what I do day to day or help me in the work place itself.

My co-workers were absolutely amazing and so helpful in everything I did.

The hardest part of the job was the heavy, high stress workload where I would be juggling 15-20 candidates and all their paperwork at one time and would find myself jumping all over the place.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant workflow I had and the environment was amazing as well.
Pros
Benefits, provided lunches, great environment, exempt employment
Cons
Completely open floor plan (difficult for handling candidates and any private manners)

Want to know more about Sonos, Inc?

Ask a question