Sony Electronics Employee Reviews

Was glad to get a better job and get hiredin
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 1, 2019
Would never work for them again allthou it start of good jobbut mang gave no opportunity for advancement it to hard to gethired in getting in to FBI Would Be lot easier thank you
Pros
Pay was ok the other workers
Cons
No chance to for advance ment
Vendor Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 26, 2019
Management is in need of some improvement when it comes to communication. But focus on sales and getting to understand the customers better is well thought out and well recieved.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Needs improved management
Productive workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 24, 2019
They were a great working enviornment with many helpful staff members. Also it had many options for advancement in the variety of fields as you'd be open too.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Late shift
Great Place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 17, 2019
It was an awesome first job and I enjoyed the whole year I was there. It was an exciting journey throughout the time I was there and learned a lot from the people around me.
Right Sizing Over the Past 10 Years/Lay Offs
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJAugust 24, 2019
Great pay and benefits. If you like to travel, this is the company for you. You will not have a work/life balance. You will work nights, weekends, and on your vacation. 10-12 hour days are common.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits.
Cons
No work/life balance.
They laid me off for economic reasons
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 21, 2019
After having above average performance review as a manager, they laid me off, as well as another logistics manager that started at the same time, and our General Manager - all due to "a poor economy". It was really pathetic. They apologized and tried to be as nice as they could, but it was simply just pathetic, as they were just gutting the higher salaries regardless of dedication, loyalty, hard work, and performance! Turned out to be the best thing for my future, as i have gone on to have an incredible career and am now worth 7-figures many times over. However, looking back on that time, Sony was a somewhat miserable place to work.
Sony is the best place to work at.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2019
Sony is the best and fun place to work at.
It's an excellent professional environment., emphasis on work life balance, progressive and innovative, challenging and aspiring. The people were pleasant to work with.
A Typical Day at Sony
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 5, 2019
A typical day was taking care of filing, opening mail, responding to customer complaints.
I learned how to be patient and understanding with customers and coworkers
The management was very accessible and helpful if you had any questions or issues
The hardest part of the job was leaving after 15 years with the company
The most enjoyable part is learning new things to help me complete my daily assignments
TV Concierge (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2019
Worked as a TV concierge. Job was great and I enjoyed the people I worked with. Unfortunately, no benefits because it was temp job. Loved the job and people I worked with.
Totally interesting technology used by millions of people to watch TV
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 23, 2019
Sony was the company that built the original DirectTV Broadcast Control System, which supported the broadcast of well over 200 channels to millions of users. Sony was the main contractor for most of the hardware and a large percentage of the software, too. Building and testing such a large, complex system was very challenging - and debugging problems was extremely difficult - but very satisfying when the system's numerous problems were eventually worked out, making DirectTV a very successful satellite provider of TV stations. It was one of my best jobs - ever.
Pros
Exciting technology used by millions, making a huge difference all by yourself
Cons
Management was very good at managing hardware projects, but not very good at managing the software efforts.
Worked closely with people from different country and culture.
Software QA Engineer (contract, Staffmark) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 3, 2019
Worked closely with India and Japan team . Gave me an opportunity to learn more about different culture and background. Small team so better opportunities to keep the stakeholders always in loop.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
limited learning opportunities
Honorable Company
Sr. Manager, Experiential Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2019
One of the best things about Sony is that it is a honorable company. They demonstrate strong commitment to their 4 pillars and are pursuing sustainable growth. There are opportunities for career enrichment that are fully supported by Sr. Management
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good Culture
Cons
Very little opportunity for advancement
Sony
Director of Sales/Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2019
Absolutely fantastic place to work.I never regretted a day at Sony. The overall team was tremendous and they provided many opportunities to learn. I was fortunate to work with one of the most accomplished leaders in the industry and to this day no one has ever come close to matching his skills!!!
This division is that of DVD
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL 60440March 15, 2019
Because of the ever changing market. Not certain if this division will be around for long . With people now streaming they will be closing. They were a fast paste moving company. I worked on the receiving end of the business. We had trucks coming in constantly. We had to stage the product quickly identified where it would be located and once checked in had it put to stock right away for orders. In some cases the orders were already out to the floor before it was counted and shipping would be waiting for the final count. But this would be on time when the load arrived late and other loads would arrive on time
Pros
Constant Work
Cons
Company was closing
Best Job I Ever Had
Key Account Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2019
Wow, what a great company to work with. During my career I had the opportunity to introduce/sell awesome new technologies through many consumer channels. Also worked with many wonderful people from every level of corporate structure.
Pros
Just a great company to work for.
Cons
None really. Why sweat the small stuff.
Great company, awesome products but zero advancement
Retail Execution ~ Consumer Sales Company (Current Employee) –  Remote employeeMarch 5, 2019
No advancement opportunities unless you live or are willing to relocate to the San Diego area. Great company to work for otherwise. Leading technology company... the best electronics on the planet!
Pros
Great people - I've worked with some of the finest in the industry
Cons
No advancement opportunities unless you are on the West coast
Great company culture innovative products
Expert Marketing Product Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 3, 2019
2nd time working for Sony excellent culture, direct reporting management is very good. Higher management is too keen on outsourcing when current employees are much more qualified for roles and provide higher level of customer support. Technology is top notch never release a product that is not ready for the market. Still a leader in Broadcast and Digital Cinema products.
The hardest part of the job was support many different products lines.
Pros
professional work environment
Sony Contract
Visual Merchandising Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2019
My contract with Sony Electronics Ltd. will conclude at the end of March and this is why I am proactively seeking for my next professional opportunity.
Pros
many perks
Cons
not many cons
The best company
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJFebruary 28, 2019
I worked for SONY for 30 years and it was the BEST experience ever! I will never be so lucky again to work for such a great organization. The friendships I gained are life long!
Cons
Great support, great people and one amazing ride.
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 26, 2019
I love my job at Sony. I feel proud and honored to work for this company. Management is simply the best. Amazing benefits and a great work - life balance. I highly recommend this company to everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.