Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

Fun and lively workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 5, 2018
I loved working at Sony. We had a lot of amenities on the lot; such as a free gym, commissaries, coffe shops, emporiums, etc. Great place to work. Really good vibes. Exciting environment to be in. Every company will have its struggles with management, finances, etc. But I loved that Sony had a strong HR group that made it their prerogative to better the organization. Friendly people. Lots of energy. Great vibes all day everyday :)
Blow average content and studio
Coordinator GMS (Current Employee) –  Culver CityAugust 26, 2018
Similar to the content distributed Sony Pictures is average at best. Its culture isn't one for promoting within nor for rewarding extra effort. Most managers expect their teams to work very hard for little thanks or recognition and with cost savings as the top priority a 'you can be replaced' mentality has permeated.

Go elsewhere.
Pros
studio
Cons
Average at best. Not a place to grow
Kind of boring
Global Operations Manager - Latin America (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 20, 2018
They love meetings at Sony. Sometimes we'd have a 30 minutes meeting about the 5 minute meeting we were about to have. They stall at making basic decisions in a timely manner
Pros
401K, health
Cons
Meetings, meetings
Corporate Culture
COORDINATOR, CLIENT OPS (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 15, 2018
Picture cubicles and mildly friendly faces as far as the eye can see. It's a place that runs on bad coffee, email blasts, and acronyms galore. But the pay and benefits are decent!
rating: B-
Photo Editor
Photo Editor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2018
Probably one of the worst places I've ever worked. The management seems unwilling to change and exploits their lower end workers. The company itself pays well but you have to deal with the bad company culture which makes you question whether the pay is worth it.
stuio work
Producer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 7, 2018
Sony would either buy my films or finance them, With strict approval, we were still able to deliver films that made them a lot of money. Working with them elevated my career and my films.
Pros
makes good films
Cons
strict rules
It used to be great
Distribution (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 6, 2018
Too many layoffs happening. There is no such thing as job security right now. Employees are very confused, so many lay offs and changes are happening and employees don't know when it will stop. Too much politics.
Sony is a great place to work and grow
Coordinator, Music Business Affairs Group (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 21, 2018
As a Coordinator at Sony Pictures in the Music Group, Clearance and Licensing, we were a dedicated, small, team working to keep our current TV and Film productions compliant with their productions.

We serviced nearly 60 productions at any given time and managed every aspect of music and licensing deliverables on a daily basis.

In my time there, I learned the importance of time management, team work, and accountability.
Pros
EBRG's, Creative Atmosphere
Cons
Challenging leadership culture at times and in select departments
Not the right fit for me but a good place
Manager, Field Publicity & Marketing Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 9, 2018
Coming from a large, thriving company, the culture felt secretive and separatist. Not a good fit for me, but it might be great for someone transitioning from a small company or someone who prefers less collaboration. Also there are some very smart people I felt lucky to meet.
I worked many years there and if HR and management does not like you, you will never get a new job
Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2018
I think this is one of the most political biased places a worker could go to. Great if your an ex or manager, awful to be a worker, union is even worse if that is possible
Pros
A job
Cons
No advancement, awful management and really hard to get a better job

Want to know more about Sony Pictures?

Ask a question
Zero Fs Given
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 18, 2018
I was laid off 20 days before bonuses came out and even though I worked the entire year and EARNED that bonus, they didn't give it to me. COLD! They made me sign a form saying that they weren't obligated to rehire me in order to get a severance.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
Cliques
Average place to work at in entertainmnet
Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2018
Very top-heavy, with little attention paid to the "grunt workers" greasing the wheels. Schedules are flexible, gym on-site. Turnover has been rampant due to the structural changes taking place. So much potential here but the leaders at the top can't see the forest for the trees. Lots of talented, smart people at this company.
Pros
Benefits, Holidays off, Gym on-site
Cons
Work-Life Balance isn't great, Compensation poor
Campus style work environment with two commissary.
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 5, 2018
Campus style work environment with two commissary. Company is in the middle of reorganization of the Finance department. Workplace culture is casual.
Pros
Great Cluture
Cons
Not enough opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2018
Long hours. No work life balance. Lots of politics. Major re-engineering going on. Blame game is rampant. Everyone is scared for their job. Management is more spreadsheet driven than people driven.
Pros
Woking on the lot you see some movie stars
Cons
No work life blance
Local bacana, matérias interessantes e gostosas de fazer.
Assistente de direção (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 28, 2018
Local bacana, matérias interessantes e gostosas de fazer.
Pros
Conteúdo interessante e liberdade criativa para inovar.
Cons
Baixo salário diante da carga de trabalho e alta responsabilidade.
Productive and fun environment
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 25, 2018
Worked one-on-one with the client to develop layout, the color scheme for his website and implemented it into a final interface design with the HTML5/CSS3 &JavaScript using Dreamweaver.
Corporate
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 17, 2018
What you would expect from a corporate environment. Hard working staff, focused and committed. Long hours but great team. Detail oriented work and sometimes meticulous.
Love working at Sony Pictures!
SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST - CREDIT & FINANCE SPHE (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 13, 2018
Sony Pictures is a great company to work for, and that is why I've been here for 12 years!! The hardest part of my job has been prioritizing all workload, but I've been successful.
Pros
Free gym, nutritionist, good lunches
Cons
Home Entertainment is at a downfall!!!
Sony a difficult but rewarding place to work
Technical Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2018
At Sony you will face a heavy top loaded structure with limited appetite for change but a rhetoric of advertising themselves for change. There are many opportunities and good people there, but if you have an ambitious, creative and progressive attitude this might not be the place for you.
Great Temporary Role
Worldwide Product Fulfillment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 4, 2018
I learned a lot at Sony and liked my position in Worldwide Product Fulfillment (WPF). The culture and management were great. It was definitely a perk to work on the lot where you have plenty of room to walk around in the sunshine, be social, and eat! Plus, you might see some stars around if you keep your eyes peeled.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight