Sony Employee Reviews

Found 979 reviews matching the search See all 2,974 reviews
It was a job
DVD machine operator G03 (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 12, 2019
The last supervisor I had at Sony was great to work for and most of my immediate fellow employees were good people to work with like a family away from home.
Pros
really liked my job
Cons
Sony sent jobs to Mexico
Great experience
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Good management, environment, steady work, always busy and day went by fast. Everyone friendly. Alternate at positions, learned a lot of new positions and procedures.
Pros
Good pay and make overtime, paid weekly
Cons
Strict with punctuality and disliked variable sick days.
Productive work environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAFebruary 3, 2019
It was good work environment.I learned consistent work flow. Safety was important. Nice managers. Equalty at job place. Hard to leave but job before I went to college.
Pros
Everything is good
Great Coworkers / Fair Management
General Operator III Printer (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 3, 2019
Pass downs at shift change are smooth and orderly. Coworkers are friendly and nice most the time. Management is fair when dealing with employees. Management will award 1st 2nd 3rd top performers with parties or gift cards. the hardest part of this job is machine breakdowns and meeting deadline for shipping. this is a good place to work.
Pros
Clean factory
Cons
Low work
empresa con buenos procesos
Sony Comercio (Former Employee) –  estado de mexicoJanuary 29, 2019
empresa con buenas practicas y buena cultura organizacional
Pros
proceso
Cons
jornada labiral
Productive, Fun Work place
Producer/Writer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Working at Sony was a great, fun learning experience. I gained knowledge and advanced in my career almost immediately. I thank Sony for allowing work.
Good company for entry level experience, however a tough environment to grow professionally internally
Sr. Clearance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Sony served as my intro to music publishing and provided a front row view of the industry and how it operated. A fast-paced work environment, it was essential in helping develop workplace skill sets to excel in that type of atmosphere.
Sony was a very good company to work for years ago until Management changed.
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 29, 2018
I started off as a temporary employee and was offered a job within 3 months. When I first started we got two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. About 1 year later they took away our two 15 minute breaks. We use to get incentives every month eventually that went away too. They don't show any appreciation for their employees anymore. Management sticks together when an employee goes to HR on one of them. If a member from HR even looks like they are for the employees they get rid of them. In my opinion if Sony had a union they would be an excellent company to work for.
Pros
I love working with my coworkers we are like a family.
Cons
Lowest paid employees out of all surrounding Warehouses, highest turn over rate and some of the management don't know how to talk to there employees.
Great place!
Equipment Clerk (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 22, 2018
A very fast paced environment during the holidays. The managers were nice and the training was awesome! Wish I could have stayed longer but I had to relocate.
Pros
Pay
Operations focused
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2018
starting at Sony was about solving engineering problems, but that soon changed to be so heavily operations oriented that problem solving was mostly deploying code, monitoring logs, and figuring out how to back it off when failures occurred--not very challenging or exciting
Pros
good location, great products
Cons
management is so focused on "good old boys" they overlook people
Sony is a great place to work
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYDecember 13, 2018
Great place to work! Really enjoy the leadership, a great place to grow you career and a lot of growth potential. A typical day moves quick! Great people work here! Don't plan on leaving.
Started out as good job
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 6, 2018
Employees not treated good. Fulltime employees laid off and seasonals hired. Worked as material handler and drove forklift. Also worked on inventory control.
Learned a lot in the first 5 years about computers
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 1, 2018
I have enjoyed my interaction with the customer service, purchasing and accounts payable personnel. We have collaborated on many investigative situations with mutual results.

I prefer a busy up beat work environment. I'm eager to work with others who strive to accomplish not only company goals, but who also take pride in a job well done.
nothin,just work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CANovember 29, 2018
it was only to develop an electronic work of cell phones doing everything possible to be a competitive product in the area of communications, which was very important for the company for which I was working and for me too
great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 26, 2018
I spent many years there and met great people and learned a great deal about quality management and variance reductions. I was introduced to sixsigma at sony
Productive and new
FORKLIFT DRIVER, QUALITY CONTROL LEAD (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 9, 2018
Loading trucks finding products and handling paper work.I like the job alot of time to yourself and most group projects was with some great co-workers.
Great place to grow in the field of electronics.
Sales Representative ½ (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 8, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of keeping a clean environment and staying up to date with product functionalities. I learned most through hands on and a lot of internet research. Management was ok, but employees made it a great environment. The hardest part about the job was not making a sale. The most enjoyable part would be learning new things as new products came in.
good place
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 8, 2018
Not a bad place to work. The hours are kind of long or you get sent home if not enough to do. Coworkers are kind of rude but other than that a decent place to work
Pros
good pay
Cons
Coworkers are kind of rude
Excellent
Recruiting developing artist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
Sony distribution gives me the ability to publish and release new music, scout new talent, refer and set up independent contractors to publish with my platform.
It was a job
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 4, 2018
It was a part time job.There were many different jobs on a line and you did what was required. You would go from one order to another at a different line

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sony.

Powered by Comparably