Sony Employee Reviews

Found 966 reviews matching the search See all 2,906 reviews
Productive and new
FORKLIFT DRIVER, QUALITY CONTROL LEAD (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 9, 2018
Loading trucks finding products and handling paper work.I like the job alot of time to yourself and most group projects was with some great co-workers.
Great place to grow in the field of electronics.
Sales Representative ½ (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 8, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of keeping a clean environment and staying up to date with product functionalities. I learned most through hands on and a lot of internet research. Management was ok, but employees made it a great environment. The hardest part about the job was not making a sale. The most enjoyable part would be learning new things as new products came in.
good place
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 8, 2018
Not a bad place to work. The hours are kind of long or you get sent home if not enough to do. Coworkers are kind of rude but other than that a decent place to work
Pros
good pay
Cons
Coworkers are kind of rude
Excellent
Recruiting developing artist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
Sony distribution gives me the ability to publish and release new music, scout new talent, refer and set up independent contractors to publish with my platform.
It was a job
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 4, 2018
It was a part time job.There were many different jobs on a line and you did what was required. You would go from one order to another at a different line
Fastpaced and productive
Seasonal Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 4, 2018
This job had you on your feet for many hours. If you like fast paced then this is for you. Very physical which I don't mind at first but after a few months... it begins to drain me out. Standing, lifting and packing items where the tasks to do.
Pros
Cons
Physically draining
Sony used to be great.
GROUP LEAD (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 31, 2018
Used to be a place I was proud to work at. Due to all of the downsizing and firing, I am not confident that I will have a job in the near future. The workweeks consist of only 37.5 hours pay, but you are there for 40. Sony has been good in the past and has helped me fund the raising of my children. Hopefully things will get better soon.
Pros
Still good money on the hour
Cons
Only get 37.5 hours each week
Great company
System Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILOctober 30, 2018
Proud company with a rich history of success and innovative products. People were driven to be successful and compensated for achieving success. Depth of product to sell was an advantage
Productive and fun environment
Executive Director, Affiliate Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Interacting with visiting General Managers; setting up interviews for Anderson Cooper; editing excerpts for air on affiliate newscasts; traveling to local affiliates and events with Anderson Cooper.
Pros
great food and refreshments; open communication
Awful
Temp (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 24, 2018
I was a temp at Sony.
In my time they'd pretty much waste your time to fill the whole 12 hour shift.
Supposedly direct hires weren't treated much better than temps. They all seemed like they were about to be fired or something.
Pros
It was a paycheck.
Cons
We all know Sony/DADC was lousy.
great perks
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJOctober 22, 2018
great place to learn for entry level, learned a great deal in my profession at this company. strict rules but it made for a better employee, learned skill that will last for forever
Sweat Shop
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 19, 2018
Management gives a lot of double talk. Tells you not to work too much overtime but gives you more work then anyone could complete within a normal work week. Tells everyone their door is always open but if you ask for help or raise an issue they yell at you.

The only real perk is you get to work with technology on a scale that few other companies can offer.

If you're desperate for work it is OK, but with so many options in the area most people leave within a year or two.
Pros
Lots of Technology
Cons
Poor management, office politics, high stress
great company to work for
SENIOR TREASURY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Fun atmosphere. Nice people to work with.

I learned a lot from my co-workers. Knowledge was shared and promotions were plentiful.
Pros
free lunches
Good work place for less hrs
Picker and baller (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 16, 2018
Sony is a good company but nowadays the company is less work and didn't gave a full time work i means the company gave about 30 hrs per week but i dont wont to work with sony due to less work.the company is so good but the work is less.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Break about 30 mins
new business culture
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 14, 2018
A division of Sonic Foundry sold to Sony, so the business culture remained fairly intact - casual software development unit, with a flat organization. Heavy on creativity and collaboration.
Pros
good pay/benefits, relaxed culture
Cons
little leadership, or focus
Horrible!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 13, 2018
I worked the 6PM-6AM, 4 days on and 4 days off schedule. I ended up quitting after only 2 days of working there, however. For only $9 an hour, standing on my feet for 12 hours a night, working on a very slow assembly line doing very boring work of just placing CD’s, DVD’s, or booklets into cases the entire shift with only two 15 minute breaks and a 25 minute lunch, it just didn’t seem it worth it to me. As soon as I had a new job lined up, I was out of there. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear the plant is going to be shut down within a year or so either. They lay-off people all the time. Honestly, you’re better off going somewhere else.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, boring job, slow-paced, night shift
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales/Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAOctober 12, 2018
Sony was a very fun to work at most of the time. Nice location in San Ysidro. Bosses and employees were pretty chill. Decent pay. Great discounts. Overall an enjoyable experience.
Pros
great staff decent pay
Tour/Prod Mgr, FOH Eng.
Tour Manager, House Engineer, Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2018
Tour and production management responsibilities. Creating all production advance and execution of all processes, including mixing Front of House. Travel, finance, hotels, catering, ground transportation, and all timelines/schedules for managing band and crew. Taking care of all needs for main Artist, Edgar Winter. Artist is legally blind, and this creates a wide range of responsibilities. Travel all around the world.
Pros
Life long dream!
Cons
Away from home a lot
Life changing experience
PERSONAL ASSISTANT/FASHION STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 9, 2018
Working at sony was a life changing experience for me. The music business is definitely a go getter attitude, and you have to be self motivatied to work and make things happen. I was contracted and worked with an artist that was signed to the label. The sky is the limited here.
Cons
Its about who you know.
Sony VA
Intern (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 5, 2018
Was a voice actor under a third party company that was associated with Sony. My job was simple. Received an email with lines and I went to the studio and record my lines.
Pros
flexible
Cons
have to wait for pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss