Soothe Inc

Soothe Inc Employee Reviews

Most offers are too far away
Most offers in Tampa are too far away. On average most offers are more than 30 miles one way in Tampa region. For example, driving from Tampa to Orlando for an hour massage that pays $50 an hour is not an economically viable offer.
Mobile Massage Therapy
Independent contractor work, you supply table, linens, oil/lotion, and music. Travel to client location, set-up, work, and leave, parking is compensated (if needed).
Not a good job
They pay very low and can fire you at any time when they have no use for you. Everyone is rude too, clients, and supervisors. They have their favorites so unless you become one good luck moving up.
Nope!
As an LMT who did work for Soothe, it seems nice at first, but as you keep going, like every job, you notice the cracks and then the cracks get bigger...

Working as a 1099 you need to set at least 20% aside (obviously). Once you get your pay from Soothe automatically transfer money to a sub account - after taxing yourself you start ask "is it worth it?" Soothe pays therapists a whopping $65 for 1hr session, $88 for 90 min, $120 for 2 hrs. Again, after taxing yourself is it worth it? Soothe cut pay earnings before and I'm sure they'll do it again. Tip option? Ha Ha! JOKE!

Soothe also likes to add surge pricing to clients sessions "High Demand" is what they say BUT does the extra money go to the therapist? NOPE. You get what you for the session but don't get that extra.

Clients should better prepare for a session. Make space in your home! Lock in your appointment early rather than waiting last minute.

After a while of doing this I stopped. Too many clients friends that are watching then get worked on start taking pictures or recording video - it's a massage, not an autopsy!
Mobile
If you have a vehicle then this is a dream job for massage therapist. Make your own hours and shifts and get paid fairly for the work you did. Available in major cities.
Pros
Good pay, travel, something different daily, reimbursements, incentives
Cons
Possible difficulty parking
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great pay and easily accessible great client retention rate!
My experience has been A+! Being an independent contractor and working WITH Soothe has changed my entire life! Super dope opportunity! The pay and flexible works for me!
Soothe is great as a second job
I enjoy working with Soothe. It allows me to be able to still have my own practice and work with them on flexible hours. I have been with this company 3 years now.
I make MORE than enough !
Soothe not only pays my bills but if I WANT, I work a bit extra and I go on vacation. I can’t say enough about what this company offers. All of the staff are INCREDIBLY helpful and polite to us therapists. I’m truly grateful to be apart of this company! - LMT 16 years
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Soothe Inc?
Productive and relaxed environment.
Plenty of freedom with the understanding that your work takes priority. Dog friendly environment which brightened up the day. Culture driven leadership.
Pros
Dog Friendly. Stocked kitchen. Health and wellness focused
Cons
No holidays off
Flexible and expedient
The payouts are within 48 to 72 hours typically via direct deposit. The hours are great because you get to work whenever you want to essentially. There are no obligations to when and how often you work. The "Therapist Success Team" was very helpful and prompt when I discussed a client's inappropriate behavior. I don't have any issues other than that it's difficult often time to accept appointments before they get snatched up by other therapists in the area.
Good
Nice way to control your own schedule while maintaining your own personal life. Work when you want. Only bad thing is no benefits but good pay. Another experience that's good is interavtong6more with clients.
Great place to work for if you want to be independent
Working with soothe you don't know who or where you'll be massaging, so it's kind of exciting. I go to apartments, houses, businesses massaging clients from all walks of life. Hardest part of the job is not overextending yourself. You can do alot of massages in a day, going all over the city. Its enjoyable seeing new and recurring faces and building relationships.
Gracias a Dios que existe Soothe y la gran mayoría de sus buenos clientes.
Muy buena compañía la verdad que son una bendición y que continúen así por siempre.
Free to be you
With Soothe you can work at your own pace. Take as many clients as you want or can get. Great for extra income as well since you can work anytime you want.
soothe uk
soothe has been in London now for at least two years and the glitches in the system are tearing at my nerves...I can't tell you how many times I've been to a clients address only to find I havent been given the apartment number...or the borough (area)given isnt correct to I accept and then have to cancel. This really lets the company down and they obviously dont listen to feedback. asemailed
Pros
flexible. choose work hours
Cons
if feed back was adhered to i wouldnt be writing this
provides independence and flexible schedule and variety of clients
loved the opportunity for new clients and choice of work scheduling very good support system and friendly phone contact many clients chose to request favorite therapist the pay was quickly delivered next day
Pros
fast pay
Cons
1 hr travel time difficult in la
Great for life balance
The perfect job when you need a lot of time for yourself.
Overall a great experience, except the fact that we are i dependent contractors and get no benefits.
Great Clients, so-so pay
I wish Soothe paid more, you have competitors that pay $75, $80, $120 all just for an hour alone but Soothe pays $55. I refuse to accept less than $1/minute unless I'm working in a spa/gym/building but not mobile - once you factor in gas, supplies, the energy of carry your equipment in and out of homes/offices even if you have a wheeled-cart, $55 just isn't enough but I love that they have a wide range of clients and the offers come in often. However, they will offer a job, for example, at 12:55pm for a session starting at 1pm there was even times when it was, let's say, 12:55pm and the appointment was for 12pm - HOW??? Lol
Pros
good amount of daily offers
Cons
pay, app glitches
fexible
soothe is on demand. So what you put in is what you will get. There are slow days and busy days. It is a labor intensive job an you get to plan your own schedule.
Such a new company, lots of kinks to sort out
Great company in concept.
Not well done in execution.

So many decisions were made on a whim and situationally versus based off principle or doing the right thing.

The B2B department locally is led by someone who is new to leading a team, also she’s much nicer to people she doesn’t know.
Pros
Easy going environment
Cons
Low pay, expensive benefits, lack of direction, negative gossipy environment, no room for growth
Very Competitive
Too competitive actually. I rarely receive job offers and when I do, they would be gone before I can accept it cause it's on a first come, first serve basis. It seem to be bias and play favorites to other Therapists. After, months of wanting to work, I received maybe 2-3 massage jobs, and when I finally noticed some jobs, they were out on the coast-line where obviously no other Therapist wanted to go being that Hurricane Dorian was there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soothe Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight