Soothe Inc
76Above average

Soothe Inc Employee Reviews

Review
The clients stands out. They are kind and welcoming us into their home. I am satisfied with my pay wage. You can choose the areas you want to work in.
Soothe is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly/positive and willing to provide a helping hand. I can honestly say I enjoy coming into work everyday and seeing Soothe as a second home.

I've learned since being apart of Soothe, there are lots of growth opportunities within the company if you work hard and set your mind to it. What others don't know is if you're interested in moving up in the company and making it known, management will do everything they can to get you there such as webinars, additional training, being crossed train in other departments etc. I've been promoted several times since being with Soothe. (Close mouths don't get fed).

Management is awesome! They really do look out for you even in situations where you know other companies will not break their backs for their employees.

The culture is the greatest thing here. We provide snacks for all employees, we have a game room, fitness center, reading room and a mothers room! We get weekly massages in office twice a week!! Like come on..what company do you know has all these great perks?! NO ONE. We recognize employees birthdays and yearly anniversaries with Soothe by decorating their cubicles and providing them with a card and a mini champagne bottle. The list goes on.

Hardest part of the job? New challenges but that's every job. Set a goal and make it happen and know that everything will be okay. It's that simple.

Most enjoyable part of the job? Seeing others succeed.
Pros
Relaxing, fun and enjoyable
Cons
Soothe is an amazing company to work for..
Working for Soothe has been a great experience. Everyone is kind and always over extending themselves for all employees.
I personally began working for the company last year and was promoted immediately. I love what Soothe stands for, which is health, positivity and providing the most amazing customer service, therapist assistance and advocacy for both parties when in need.

Our senior leadership is very involved and all managers are very attentive and try their best to make everyone’s journey at Soothe amazing.

We have a great culture and feel as if we are apart of a family.

If you want to succeed-Do your best and you will receive great results!! It’s simple
Pros
Animal friendly, food for all employees, workout facility and fun environment
Great place to work!
I've been with Soothe for 3+ years now, and all I can say is that it has been an absolute pleasure working here. Weekly in-office massages, free monthly massages, dog friendly, free snacks, laid back work environment (compared to every call center I've worked at), friendly competition, great coworkers, gift cards prizes (on a weekly basis), open door policy, opportunities for growth, warm/friendly management -the list goes on.

Let's just say I don't really plan on leaving anytime soon!
Pros
paycheck, open door policy, free monthly massages, dog friendly, free snacks, etc.
Cons
none at the moment
Negative Energy, Overworked, False Advertisement
This is company has completely gone down the drain! The management is no good and is not supportive AT ALL to their employees unless you are "favored". The bald guy that prances around like he is Gods gift to earth lol ( yes the operations manager) is the most unreal, messy and nosy person in the building. They try to bribe you with food yet their unethical ( and probably illegal) practices can not be overlooked. I have even heard and seen with my own eyes that they have shorted employees of their wages and overtime and expected them to hold off until the next payday ( unless you were salaried). They overwork you and cross train employees to additional work without any extra pay. They said that the culture was "family like"which is completely false because while I worked their I did not trust ANYONE in that building. They spend money excessively on unnecessary items yet laid off tons of employees due to "budget cuts".They also expect you to lie to customer and employees especially when they are faulty instead of owning up to their bs and fixing it. Extremely high turnover rate. The other reviews that you read are unfortunately accurate and very true. Glad I do not work at that negative energy place anymore and would not recommend anyone!!!
Cons
Management, illegal practices, unethical
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
literal nightmare
Do yourself a favor and apply for any other call center/office job. Your hard work will never be rewarded. There is a reason this office has such a high turnover. Management is a complete joke the CEO who replaced the original CEO Merlin has already jumped ship if that is an indicator of the direction this place is going. Stay far far away..
Cons
micro management, toxic environment, company knowingly breaks the law, unrealistic expectations, senior management has the biggest egos in the world
Perfect for the independent therapists
Ive been a Soothe therapist for 2 years now and love how it's allowed me to work when I want how much I want. In Portland I have met amazing clients, out of probably 100 clients I've only had one occasion where a man tried acting innappropriate with me. Which I quickly shut down and left the appointment. Concierge was very helpful and concered with this and made sure that he would never be abe to book a massage again. I love the Soothe at Work chair massage feauture now and have been able to be put on reoccurring chair gigs.
Pros
good pay, friendly support team
Cons
finding parking
Complete joke
Would not recommend working here. The company is a complete joke. Your hard work will not be rewarded unless you are prepared to kiss -. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Experience
Working with different types of people makes the job interesting. From athletes and CEO's for companies to couples and housewives who just want to relax. I can easily control my own schedule, which gives me time to take care of my own business.
Pros
Good pay and flexibility
Cons
Waiting for jobs
Great environment to work.
Soothe is a good company. Staffs are very friendly and caring. Their app could use some updating, but overall is a very good company to work for. I haven’t encountered any bad clients so far. And my fellow therapist partners are usually great to work with on “couples massage “.
Do not work here! Save your time and energy
Soothe used to be a great company. I was one of the first to join the Vegas team and stayed for 2 years. It used to be a fun environment with growth opportunities and collaboration between management and workers for ideas, feedback, etc.

Wow have the times have changed. Poor communication from management both internally to employees and externallly with clients/therapists. Not updating anyone when changes are made and expecting you to “run with it” and do the best you can giving bad news that THEY should have emailed about.

Supervisors are exhausted and under appreciated. They are expected to just do the hard, dirty work without being able to make any changes or really shape anything, which you would expect supervisors to be able to do. No, management does everything and the bulls*** rolls downhill.

Every call you make is recorded and randomly pulled for QA grading, which is VERY strict. Have to say “thanks for being a valued client” EVERY client call or you get an automatic 93% - and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Before working here be okay with the motto “it is what it is” and realize you can’t change anything or make any impact. Just go in, take your calls, and go home.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
HORRIBLE management making poor choices, lack of communication, doesn’t value any feedback/input for change, tries to make everything “better” with perks that don’t matter, not a fun or friendly environment (only fellow CSR have your back, if that)
They dont screen clients
There are plenty things to take issue with, not least of which being safety. Soothe has no real vetting process other than rating the clients after the session. Their safety video essentially tells you to leave and call the cops if things get dangerous. Thats absolutely not a fail safe by any means. You can ofcourse pick your clients and decline people, but its dissappointing that they dont have any real measures in place to ensure their therpists safety.
Cons
Safety
Soothe can set your own hours
Work on demand, able to take the jobs that best fit your life. High salary allowed you to work less hours, giving the care you want to your patience. I never feel overwhelmed with the work load I take on.
Pros
Pick and choose your massages
Cons
Carrying a table up three flight of windy stairs.
totally chill
work for soothe only if you enjoy setting your own schedule and making good money. it's so easy, you just take jobs if you want them and decline them if you don't. and the money is awesome. just get yourself a light weight table and a cart to wheel it around on because you will end up at hotels and apartments.
Long hours and weak pay
Enjoy 12-16 hour work days with sub-par pay? Then this is the place for you. Good opportunities to meet really nice and caring people but the management is garbage.
Dead End
Working at Soothe was the biggest mistake I have ever made. It did not start out that way as I sat in the training room some months ago. It seemed like a solid job with solid people. I turned down 4 job offers to work there because I thought it help promise, I thought it would truly be a place to lay down roots and grow a career.

I could not have been more wrong. It started with the promise of shift bids every three months... I was there for nine months and never was there a shift bid.

This company will have you take on more responsibility with the promise of compensation and benefits, then sweep you under the rug every chance they get. When you ask to be relieved of the extra duty work (After 6 months and NO Raise or options for a better schedule) They will advise you it's now a part of your job description and you are stuck, doing more work than most without any compensation or benefit to yourself other than the joy of busting your butt on the worst shift they have to offer.

Trying to actually use your time off is a hassle as well. You will have to fight for its use. I was denied almost every time I submitted for time off for one reason or another, to which I chose to stand up for myself to get partial approvals.
Pros
You get a paycheck big enough to keep your poverty.
Cons
You get a paycheck big enough to keep your poverty.
Horrible
Hate this place, would never recommend anyone to work here. If they don’t like you there is no hope here. I don’t go to work to kiss butt and that’s what they want you to do
Great Company
Soothe is great company. Keeps therapist busy. I enjoy having the call in support and service. They give employee appreciation celebrations and really care about the therapists well being.
A good option to make extra money but not enough unfortunately
Soothe is a great option to work with, specially for me cuz I don’t like permanent jobs, I don’t like schedules, I don’t like people telling me what to do everyday. It’s annoying. But unfortunately is not enough to support yourself. In order to get appointments you really have to be quick accepting them. Literally you have to be with your phone on and next to you all times. Sometimes not even. I wish soothe send me offers more often cuz most of the time it’s totally dead. Another thing is about the tips: I usually don’t get tips or not good tips. I’ve been a massage therapist for 12 years and this has been one of the worst experiences, in my opinion, with tips. The longer is the massage the worst are tips. Usually I don’t even get tips for a 2 hours massage. Most of the time I try to avoid long massages. Not worthy. Some people don’t know how hard is to do a massage and not getting tips after a long massage is really frustrating to me. It would be very helpful for the therapists to get gratuities automatically charged to the clients. After all, we as massage therapists are the one who do all the job without the other benefits usually gotten at other places. Soothe is a great company but still have to keep working hard to improve even more.
Pros
Good pay within 2 days excellent cuz nobody else has that. Also Independence
Cons
Too slow most of the time. Not enough clients for therapists. Poor tips.
excellent clientele and pay rate
Soothe is by far the best company I have had the pleasure of working with. The pay is amazing and worth the commute to a clients house. You can make your own hours and take apts as you please. They try to host events to show appreciation for therapist and provide free t shirts for working in.
Decent opportunities- wish i could work more
Soothe has a tier type system that sends the massages to the therapists who work a lot for them first. If the massage is not picked up it is offered to tier two and then tier three. I am in tier three because I have a busy schedule and cant always accept the massages that do come to me. I get little to no offers daily, so its hard to pick up any at all.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soothe Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight