Sorensen Gross Construction Services Employee Reviews

At place to work
Project Manager (Construction) (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 20, 2019
Lacking management stability and a concrete competition package. Team members are great to work with and the atmosphere is loose and relaxing, just lacking employee growth.
Great company to work for
Manufacturing Process Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 6, 2019
Just started a new position a couple weeks ago. The people at the company are great as well as the benefits. I am very happy I crossed paths with this place.
Cons
Haven't come across any
Company that Cares
Document Control Administrator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 4, 2019
Even though I am a contract employee, I always feel like SGCS is there for me if I need them. They care about my growth and success and always make sure I know that I can come to them if I need additional training or have a concern.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, Adequate pay
Cons
Contract Employeement
Team Environment
Requisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 4, 2019
I enjoy being in an environment that I am closely surrounded by my team members. It is easy to discuss current issues when your team is close by. This allows to work great as a team and individually.
Serious and fun at the same time
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 7, 2019
Sorensen Gross puts a lot of faith and trust on it's employees, and that makes you feel welcomed thus you want to give more back.
As a project Manager, I control the job, when to visit site, and what is the best for the job. Management is always there for you, support you when and where ever needed.
stressfull
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 24, 2019
Working for this company was extremely stressful. The co-workers worked to gain trust with one another in order to succeed. The upper management was clueless to the knowledge of the workers. The site director did not support the team members and really didn't know the job specifics enough to lead the team who ran the job on a daily bases. If it wasn't for the individual workers' relationships with the client then SGCS would not have survived the task.
Cons
no upper management support
Construction Management
Construction Project Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 6, 2018
Working for this company I have the opportunity to work with many talented and knowledgeable managers. Each manager brought to the specific project excellent knowledge and most shared their skill set. The construction teams were always diverse and exciting to communicate with. BUT, there were 2 projects out of 10 that were challenging to stay focused on the goal of safe completion, because of the lacking management skill of the before mentioned positive management abilities. Communication - if I don't hear from you "everything must be fine." Thanks.
Pros
Family Orientated, Pto, 401-K employer matching contributions
Cons
The total lack of Infra- company communications of lessons learned from other projects
Sketchy Company
Project Financial/Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJuly 13, 2018
I wasn't familiar with this company when I took the job. I was unemployed so I took it to at least have something in my field. I learned that the culture of the company is basically you're just a number on a spreadsheet. They hire whomever to get the job done. The hiring process for my position was very rushed. I didn't realize that until I met the rest of the team. Once the job was over, that was it for the team and that company. I'm not sure if this was their first venture in my region or not, but they didn't seem to care about the employees once the job was over.
this was a good job, fun travel,and good people
Journeyman Carpenter-remodeling (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 24, 2017
Sorensen Gross was a good place to work. Mostly out if town work remodeling post offices in Indiana, Good wages, perdiam, nice hotels and a pretty good work atmosphere
Pros
out of town alot.
Cons
out of town alot
Great values and structure.
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 20, 2016
Great company to work for. The sky is the limit with this company and you are able to go as far as you like. The company is fast paced with a strong structure in taking pride in providing the best service to their clients.
If you love daily challenges, taking on new projects as well as multitasking, and everyday is different from the one before you will love working here.
Wide ranging scope of work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 25, 2012
Work from project management of construction to installation of relocated equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sorensen Gross Construction Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Sorensen Gross Construction Services Reviews by Location