SOREO In Home Support Services

SOREO In Home Support Services Employee Reviews

Considering this is an agency, how your work day is, may vary. This agency finds clients for Direct Care Workers, also known as caregivers. So depending on your clients, your days may be great, or they may be dull. Work and life balance is great, you give the agency your availability and they work with that. Management is overall reliable.
You do have to have experience but do have to get degree or certificate to be working as well unless you have the degree or certificate to work there.
The managers are nice and they are helpful on anything you need. You're going to peoples homes to care for them but they are easy to get a hold of if you have an issue.
Pros
easy to contact during work hours, listens and helps the best they can with your needs
Cons
not long hours no benefits
The case manager try there best at giving more work out to you as needed and there very personal and businesses oriented. I would recommend this company to anyone. This job consist of being a Independent worker. That mean you are responsible for paying you taxes at the end of the year. This company don't offer benefits. That's why I rated this company two stars.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I love working with people with different needs, as well as constantly meeting new people and helping them do things that they could not do alone. loved the people
Soreo is a wonderful place to work. The management truly cares about me and my family. They know me as a person and an employee and not just a number. I've enjoyed my years at Soreo and I'm excited to have found a career home. The services we provide at Soreo truly matter and I enjoy helping people every day!
Horrible place to work they tell you that they match you with places close to you but they don’t and then when you tell them that’s a far distance for only 2hrs of actual work time they get attitudes and don’t call you for anymore work. The staff is very unprofessional and childish I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
Short hours, No Heath benefits, no paid time off, you’re not a actual employee of the company you’re a contracted employee
I take care of my mother. I come in at eight in the morning and make her bed, clean her bathroom. Making breakfast wash dishes and make her lunch. Do laundry and take her shower run errands and take her to a doctors appointment.
I have worked her for almost a year now and getting hours is ridiculously hard to accomplish. There are no benefits, if you ride the bus to clients homes they do not reimburse only if you have a car. The pay is way low and a raise don't even ask. Communication is ridiculous as well they only talk to you if you reach out. Not a place to work if caring for people who need it really matters to you. For them it is just a job.
Provided care to my terminally ill father. Learning process of care taking is that it is not an easy job. Hardest part of the job was seeing my father ill and not being able to do much for him other than keeping him comfortable. most enjoyable time was I was with my father everyday..
Pros
spending time with my father
Cons
loosing my father
Working as a caregiver is also an amazingly fun job. Its so much fun getting to hang out around the elderly, helping them out, and basically doing what you can to see a smile on their face. .it was an awesome job.
Really only got this job because I was already taking care of a friend's grandfather and he insisted I should get paid for it. I did, however, really like the first aid/cpr training that came with the job.
The people with Soreo I worked with are very compasionate and considerate to their employees and their classes for every thing, I was very impressed with their knowledge and making it easy for a person like me to understand. I would recommend them
You meet a lot of interesting people as clients. They've had full lives, and usually want someone to talk to. Basic requirements take a few weeks of training, but they foot the cost. Your clients are a mixed bag, but that's just people. Pay isn't bad, but you only get paid for so many hours spent with each client, and last I checked, no mileage. Still, if you want a job helping people, this is a good choice.
Pros
Set your own hours, meet new people, and gain basic medical experience.
Cons
Sometimes there just aren't enough clients to go around, and the hours suffer as a result. No mileage pay last I checked.
Essential Job Functions: Assist with walking and light exercise Plan and prepare meals, followed by clean-up Monitor food expiration dates, make future meals Make beds and change linens, as needed Light housekeeping to include dusting and vacuuming Assist with bathing, dressing and grooming Laundry and ironing Take out garbage Run errands (pickup prescriptions, dry cleaning) Engage in physical and mental exercises Provide medication reminders Escort on appointments (hair salon, physical therapy, etc.) Escort to religious services or events Maintain calendar and organize mail Engage in activities (games, memory books) Companionship I learned how to be a caregiver, and I would say the hardest part of the job is transferring them from the bed to the wheel chair. The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for my clients.
Working at Soreo was a lot of fun and had positive energy in office
Pros
Very Great Job
Cons
No cons really
This is the worst job I have ever had. They send you to clients homes with out training and blame you for lack of training, when it is the sups responsibility to match the emplyee to the client. Most of the sups dont speak english very well and makes it very hard for the clients that need help from the caregivers. Hours are scattered all over the place. If one of you clients goes to the hospital, there go your hours. So for example you have a client that you care for 20 hours a week and they end up going to the hospital you are out of luck. They tell you to look at it like a vaction. I would never work for this company again