SOS Children's Village Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILJune 13, 2018
Great place to work if you want the opportunity to work with diverse youth and kids of all ages. Everyone there is so down to earth and are passionate about the children there.
Fun workplac
Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2017
The office was friendly and inviting. The worker's were dedicated to the children they worked with. The pay was low and leadership was not supportive of professional development.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Low pay
fun
Advocacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2017
great place to work honored to have worked here. one of the best internships i have held. Made me excited for a career in politics and policy. Gained a lot of experience.
Relaxing, well-balanced working environment
General Teacher (Former Employee) –  成都市July 9, 2017
I worked in a SOS Children's Village in my hometown Chengdu, China during the summer as a general teacher.
I arrived there on the weekdays around 8:30 am to prepare, and started teaching/ tutoring various subjects including Chinese, Math, Science and English. We have two hours of lunch break, during the break I get to play basketball, ping-pong and soccer with the kids and my colleague. Afterwards around 2 pm we started organize different activities such as painting/drawing, movie watching, crafting or sometimes field trip to local museums or farms. Everything closed up around 5 pm, but we have to stay and

It is a generally relaxing summer job, I get to play with children, and help them success both academically and socially what else is there to ask for? However, I have to point out that we don't really have any break time (besides the weekends).
The agency and foster parents are all on one site
Foster Care Supervisor (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILAugust 10, 2015
- SOS Children's Village has (3) sites that is equipped with furnished homes for foster parents to live.

- Case management and counseling service is on site

- Housing is also available for natural parent(s) who is close to a "Return Home" goal.

- Foster parents are paid employees. Along with housing, they are also given a van for transportation, an aid when going on vacation.
Pros
Majority of the need for service is done on site
Cons
Not enough case aids
Great time
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILFebruary 13, 2015
This was volunteer work that I did with people from the church that I was attending. It was very rewarding and made me feel grateful for my family and my parents.
Review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLDecember 19, 2013
Enjoyed working with the children and adults. I also assisted with hiring and training the adults.
Pros
Working with families
Budget Analyst & Volunteer Teacher
Volunteer Teacher (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 15, 2013
 Lived closely with the orphans and homeless children, tutored them in English and Math
 Cooperated with volunteers from all around the world on planning extra-curricular activities for children, preparing seminars given in poor areas to encourage the residents to emphasize on their children’s education
 Organized charity activities on a weekly basis through assisting private manufacturers, performing dramas to improve the local residents’ mental satisfaction level
 Raised funds by negotiating with government organizations as well as organizing charity sales. Donated all the funds to the SOS Children’s Village
What I learned
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILAugust 23, 2012
When I started my accounting internship with SOS Children's Village (which was very brief), it was during their audit season. The internal controls of their operation was quite visible and everyone knew their tasks. The employees took pride in their work and in protecting the privacy and rights of their customers. It was a great and humbling experience for me.
Very nice place for the childrens and for the Foster Parents .
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILMarch 21, 2012
The perfect place for the whole childrens then have a problems with her parents..... SOS Childrens Village have a good profetional staff for them and too many educational activities for them, for me it's very important then childrens have this place like a haven for the chldrens.
Pros
nothing bad.
Cons
shorts braks for a foster parents.