SOS Employment Group Employee Reviews

it's a temp service
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 7, 2018
what can i say they gave me a job then let me go and that was it. they will take advantige of you, and don't even think about getting injured, it won't do you any good personly i don't think they care.
Pros
work
Cons
pay
temporary agencie
Frac Equipment Opertaor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 12, 2018
This is a temporary agencie so you have no insurance or benefits. They hired me to work out of town so if I had any issues I would have to wait till I came back home
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no benifets
Fun place to work
Inventory/Supply Chain Controller (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 12, 2017
Good management and good materials management . Great at being on time with pay and an awesome work team accross the anchorage office. It was a fun experience.
great place to get your foot in the door
Skilled laborer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 24, 2017
great opportunities and and many different places to work and always a changing pace. some weeks were tough being a temp labor place but the ladies at the office were very help full
Pros
steady work
Cons
temp work
Pretty great
Onsite specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 18, 2017
This company was fantastic to work for. The growth opportunities were mostly good and my direct supervisor was an amazing human being. I was able to grow a little at a time which was the right pace for me.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Pay
Good place for temporary work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 13, 2017
It was a good place for retirees. You get to work accept which jobs suits you best. I liked the last position that I worked at because the people there was very friendly.
Who you know not what you know
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2017
This is a mediocre company and the only reason that they have been successful is because they dominate the market. They have been around the longest and were the only choice for a very long time. The branch managers are not trained in management and love being in control and promotion comes from who you know not how well you do the job.
Basic Customer Service
Senior Staffing Manager Elwood Staffing Formally (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 19, 2016
Was a unique job at Just Sports. I would say the day to day was always different and changed often. I liked tracking down items for customers and learned a lot of basic management skills.
It was a job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 16, 2016
Can't say I enjoyed this job a lot, but it wasn't bad. They accommodated me when I told them I couldn't lift 50 pound bags of potatoes, and put me on something else. It was a basic factory job.
Pros
Frequent breaks
Great Place of Employment
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 11, 2016
Serve as customer service representative to client companies and interview candidates for placement on job assignments. Exercise independent judgment and discretion when hiring candidates, identifying candidates for placement on specific job assignment and in counseling and terminating temporary associates. Ensure associates meet or exceed clients’ expectations with respect to attendance, attitude, dress, skills and quality of work. Provide Superior Customer Service in all aspects of the job.
Lots of work for a temporary service.
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 13, 2016
Learned about inspecting oil field casing pipe. Was very impressed that they almost always had a new assignment for you within a week of completing the one your on.
Pros
Never doing one job for very long.
Cons
Had to travel at times more than an hour to the work site.
Productive, Kind staff, learned many and new things.
Janitor/Laundry Crew (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 10, 2016
Tempoary job agency that game me different job asignments daily. I learned many different things such as how to trainfor different types of jobs. The manager there was a wonderful person who went over and beyond to help me. The hardest part of the job was that their wasn't a routine to follow and never knowing until that day of what I would bedoing. The best part of the day was learning and having new experiences.
Pros
Lerning new things, meeting new people
Cons
Didn't have a routine, never knowing where I would be working until that day
employment agency
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 19, 2015
This agency referred me to delfingen where I worked for a month as a material handler, It had more of a straight too business atmosphere. the employees and management were somewhat fair
Pros
constant movement, very productive
Cons
temp for hire, was looking higher pay per hour
working as a staffer
laborer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2015
Its not complicated work but you tend to be placed among people that are trying to get paid to do nothing, they are doing that so much so that you will always do most of the work but also it could make the whole thing harder overall.
Pros
no schedual
Cons
no consistency
Temporary at best
Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COFebruary 26, 2015
Not enough work options. Job assignments have serious safety concerns, which are ignored. Lifting and weight concerns were directly opposite the safety training required. Chemical sensitivity issues, were however outlined sufficiently.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough reliable work
gave me a wide variety of work but not steady
Temp Agencies (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IdahoJanuary 20, 2015
Thankful for the oportunities when given I enjoyed the people I worked with and felt like a part of a team
Pros
flexability
Cons
not steady work opportunities
Great Company to work for.
Vice President of Field Services (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2014
Was given the opportunity to grow personally and professional. Had several promotion within my 22 year career at SOS Employment Group.
Overall Review
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT.April 21, 2014
SOS Employment Group has been a very good company to work for and have given me a great opportunity to perfect my job skills. The staff is outstanding in TEAM performance.
Pros
Great employees, equal pay
Cons
sold to a new company, insurance benefits aren't the greatest.
not great
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTJanuary 8, 2014
Managers will lie to you. they will not help you with issues you may have. They tell you what you want to hear just to get rid of you
Pros
easy work
Cons
management
Working for SOS
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 6, 2013
SOS has had the ability to attract some great talent into their organization. If you enjoy people, you would enjoy working with some great ones there. Unfortunately, as all companies experience when they are acquired, the culture that was so loved is being lost. The structure of management is deteriorating and integrity compromises are being made.
It is unfortunate that two worlds could not be combined to become 1 better one. It is a step back in time in operating processes.
Pros
work life balance, teamwork, prior managment
Cons
Acquiring company culture and mode of operating