SOS Security Employee Reviews

Ok workplace but not room for advancement
Security Officer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 10, 2018
A typical day allot of observation and paying attention to the smallest details. Always have to be sharp to protect property. Ride around and patrol your area.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No breaks
Easy job but I feel as if it's too easy. I'd like to be able to help others but that don't happen much
Security Guard (Unarmed) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHOctober 9, 2018
I'd give this place in all honesty a 2 out of 10 the people here can't take there jobs seriously and joke around. It'd be better if our 2nd shift supervisor would stay upstairs with us and not sit in the basement for hours at a time and not check up on us.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lots of drama no raise bad supervisor
The direct supervisors were good and tried their best to help work around your needs of schedule change. The company as a whole is poorly managed.
Security Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 6, 2018
The company as a whole is poorly managed and does not try hard enough to help the current employees that lost their job due to contract loss get another position at another location in the company. They make a pathetic attempt to do so and then if the nearest job location is 45 minutes away or more, they suggest "looking for other work or file for unemployment until we get something else closer". The direct supervisors however are very kind and try their best to help with scheduling issues or time off. The other employees you work with make working there easy due to it being a very team oriented job. The pay could have been better being that our department (The Control Room) over saw ten different site locations around the country. The rest of the company would base their decisions off of our reports and conduction of testings.
Pros
Team orientated work, pleasant supervisors, opportunity for overtime.
Cons
could have better compensation, better job security.
Lack of employees means more forced hours on you.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2018
It’s an easy job, but u have to work hard for living. Nothing much more to say about it. You’d have to apply and experience the job yourself honestly.
Ok Job for 18 year olds or those retired
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  GreenvilleSeptember 26, 2018
If you want a serious job with career advancement then look somewhere else. One. The uniforms are horrible. 2. The management is horrible as well. They do not know what they are doing. 3. There is a lot of bias and favorites within the company. It is not okay for management to hire their friends and then promote their friends. You should promote someone based on seniority and their job performance. 4. There is really no room for advancement. 5. $10 an hour is not a living wage. 5. Understand that your time will not be value at all. You will just be treated like an employee, never a person.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
several. stay away
I like working for the company in elgin IL
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 19, 2018
i liked working for the company,it was fast paced and a lot of walking ,the hours went by fast Dealing with the public and keep things running smooth is a job.I was hoping that we could have kept account
Pros
Pay
Cons
some
Sucks
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 18, 2018
Although my site had great people to work with, sos had a huge turnover for the office in Waltham ma, when they got new ones they always screw up your pay, I would not recommend anyone to work for them at all!!
Cons
Relaxed, slow paced environment. Non stressful
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTSeptember 13, 2018
My position as a Receptionist is awesome here in CT. I so love it. I don't have anyone on top of me or micromanaging me. Simply great situation that I find myself into. Would recommend anyone to work there. As a matter fact, I already placed someone at my site.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
Complaints about short bathroom breaks
Excellent company to work for!!
Security / Receptionist Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 11, 2018
SOS gave me the opportunity for promotion. The pay was great and raises were decent. Uniforms were provided.
My post at Prudential building was team oriented. Supervisors and team were professional. I appreciated working with a well grounded company.
If I ever move back to Jacksonville Fl. I would love to work with them again.
Pros
Prudential building excellent post to work!! Decent pay, uniforms provided and raises.
Cons
Transferring expectations were big disappointment.
Ridiculous Management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 11, 2018
management in inept and disorganized. the turnover rate is extremely high so it is hard to know who is in charge at any given moment. getting answers to questions or corrections in time owed is like pulling teeth with greasy fingers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
pretty much everything
Certain people made it bareable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oriskany ny and utica nySeptember 10, 2018
Terrible management structure . Schedules were a mess . Double standards . Pick and chose what policy they wanted to enforce . You were safe if you were a brown noser even if you did things that should have had you terminated on the spot . Managers left sites manned less then what the contract called for . Let people go home 4 hours early and get paid for 8 . Let security breaches go UNHANDLED so upper management wouldnt get upset .
Pros
Certain people
Cons
Management . Scheduling. Unorganized
Decent workplace
LOSS PREVENTION GUARD (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
It is a decent job that can help with building income, but there is no further advancement in the job for guards. Sometimes work is not given and there are no alternatives to help you get work. Everything is on call, no permanent schedule, which hurts the work/life balance.
Terrible place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
The hours are unbearable for an extremely low pay. There is no correct way to call your office if you are having a family emergency. The uniforms were provided but extremely uncomfortable and cheap.
Sos
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 2, 2018
The company needs more work. There information on Google is incorrect. If you call the office no one answers the phone. They do not provide separation notices of you are let go or quit
Sos security is good company, but not good pay
SOS security (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 2, 2018
working with sos is was a good opportunity at that time. they offered me 40 hour but the salary was poor. I tried to stay but not enough to grow. the management is good. it was a good place to work, quiet peaceful. I enjoyed working with them. not a bad company.
Pros
low pay
Cons
not good benefits
High turnover
Field Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 2, 2018
This job needs more people. I am a Field Supervisor in Detroit and I’ve bately done any supervisory work because I am too busy holding a post. This week alone I have held a post every day and haven’t even done any supervisor work. Then to add insult to injury, I didn’t even get released on time because my relief called off too. Also the clock in system needs to be re-evaluated.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not enough workers, no accountability
!!!! Hope you read know your worth !!!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2018
I never in my life have been treated so bad at a job !!! some store treats you great. everyone in higher management will conspire against you management does not care for your well being. there has been more multiple time when your schedule will change the day of or the night before. poor communication skills. all management needs to change !! the way they treat their employers is unprofessional and very discouraging. all gossip twist the truth and have pleasure in it. if you have a family/school or commitments they will not work around your schedule. policy changes every other day depending who you're talking too. people are scared to go to HR. depending on if management like you or not will depend on your hours and what store you'll get put at. you are constantly reminded that you are replaceable. management is very petty and rude. they will make SURE they will cover their backs well throwing you under the bus also you can't leave until there is someone to release you and if they don't show up you have to stay for the other shift. if you work here know your worth just find another job and if you are wanting to work here don't keep on looking !!!
Pros
short breaks poor communication very discoursing hours range on favoritism
Cons
no cons
lots of opportunity to grow
Concierge and Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CA 94545August 31, 2018
I worked corporate security for SOS Security for for 8 years in both Colorado and California. I worked for Lehman Brother, Verizon, and Nokia.

The Management in Colorado was very good and made all the officers feel like a team and part of a family. The Management in California was not as good I went through four managers while with them. They where hard to get a hold of and often times did not know who I was when I called them. Most of the time I was told to address my conserns to the sight manager who was not an SOS employee but one of the client.

the work place culture differed depending on the culture of the client.
Some Job sites I was part of a team and Others I was the only officer on site.

the hardest part of the Job for me was the commute I had in California. It was between and hour to two hours one way.

I really enjoyed the other officers I worked with and the clients. I made some life long friends
Pros
free lunches at the Nokia sites most of the time
Cons
very expensive health care
great company/ great people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCAugust 30, 2018
I like the company & the people , pay is ok but could be better. it really depends on the site you are stationed at. the work is easy enough & the supervisors seem to be understandable @ my site.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Long hours work hard 110% Then DEMOTED!!
Field Supervisor/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasAugust 29, 2018
I was hired on as a field supervisor after 90 days which I expected something no more field supervisors at the company went down to flex officer now I was told there's no need for Flex officers it's only need bases now you're down to a guard 12 bucks an hour not to mention they're taking out a$180.00 for insurance out of EACH CHECK. And not to mention also that my check was wrong three times I had to make 3 trips to the office which is 120 Mi + you got to pay for tolls because she can't seem to understand how to do math it's pretty simple people I'm living proof please don't work here save the stress for something else.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOS Security. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about