SOS Security Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive. Great place to work. Flexible on schedule.
Unarmed Security Guard-Rover (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 22, 2018
Overall a great company to work with. Always flexible on hours. Able to work with your schedule. This company provides training to obtain a guard card if you don't have one already. Paid vacations and paid lunch breaks. Provided a decent amount of work hours full-time and part-time available.
SOS Security is lacking in providing a stable work environment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 20, 2018
SOS Security nerds to do a better job in employing a steady work force. The company needs to pay better wages in order to attract quality employees. Also, the company can do better with an older work force. The young employees are not as committed to staying with the company as the older employees.
Pros
Management responds well to employee complains.
Cons
Pay is too low.
Fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 13, 2018
Typical day at wortk. Enteracting with people.
What ive learned. How to stay focus and watch my own surroundings as well as the surroundings of others.
Workplace was wonderful. Had a apartment where I was working so that was a plus.
Hardest part of the job was firing. I know its apart of life but no one wants too fire anyone.
Enjoyable part of my job was everything. Working. Helping. Meeting new people/.
Not worth your time
Citibank Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2018
I went to work for SOS in January, and the Account Manager told me I’d have to work 7 days until they could get me a partner at the job site. My “ PARTNER “ at least once or twice a month, conveniently became sick, and I had to work HIS shift AND mine! My supervisor SAID he didn’t have enough coverage to give me a day off when the morning shift officer had health issues. SOS LOST the NATIONAL ACCOUNT because they didn’t have experienced management that knew how to hire qualified people to staff all the locations. So! I lost my job because of their incompetence.
Pros
Decent salary wage from the client.
Cons
Management Extremely Incompetent
Work Available
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 11, 2018
Lots of hours and overtime available. Slow advancement to higher position, company is top heavy lots of supervisors. Benefit package is unaffordable
Pros
Lot of hours and OT, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Benefits are to expensive and provide little coverage.
Ok place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 10, 2018
Nice place to work. wonderful co-workers and the work sites were ok. I just wish that there were more room for advancement I believe this would be a great start up Job for someone probably just getting out of school for example.
Pros
Ok work sites Nice co-workers comfortable athmosphere
Cons
Pay rate not competitive Uniforms are very Hot and Heavy.
A brief overview
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 7, 2018
The positions offered are high end retail posts. Often under 40 hours a week and all posts are standing posts. Breaks are the bare minimum the law allows. Work schedules are week to week. some posts you are treated poorly by retail staff.
Pros
compatible wages
Cons
standing posts, minimal beak time, some posts treat you poorly
Bad job
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAJuly 6, 2018
This company lies to your face. If your want to be stick in a dead end job then this is the place for you. I value my sanity more. Payroll issues take forever to correct.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
SOS Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 4, 2018
In general SOS is a good place to work. Communication with supervisors can be frustrating/challenging at times, but overall I like the work and my co-workers. I have had the opportunity to be trained and to renew my certifications. I would like to advance to a more senior role and I don't feel I have that opportunity currently.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Communication
Work with people all day. Or nights no one is around
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 2, 2018
Boss is awesome so sweet. Needs to be more of a manager to some employees rather than friends. Manager plays favorites. And never keeps to her word. No advancement what so ever. Ur a guard and that’s it. One manager for the work site every one else that works for sos like my bosses bosses are in New York.
Pros
Sit all day
Cons
Boring as heck Especially third shift
Toxic Working Enviorment
Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 1, 2018
The management are more concern with being friends rather than leaders. The benefits are lacking. The job culture is very toxic, where employees can talk horrible about one another and face no repercussions.
Pros
Cons
Heathcare, No Advancements, Management
SOS Secuirty
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 27, 2018
I work 4-12 so I really don't see that many people, but when I have worked the morning shift there is the management and they do nothing. Working at a courthouse, there are a lot of people coming in all day and sometimes its can get really backed up, in that process we will need more help and they comes from the management but it never happens. This is no move up in the company at all, I have worked hard for years and have not moved up once.
Pros
Working by myself
Cons
managers, lack of benifits, no paid sick days, no move up in the company
Great place to work but can be exhausting at times
Security Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
This is a company that doesn't believe in days off. They will keep scheduling you until you burn yourself out. The interview was fairly simple. They just asked me a couple of questions about my background, the explain what the role would be like if i was hired, then they did a background check after that. If you are big fan of overtime this might be the place for you. But be prepared to give up a chunk of your social life.
Pros
Professional Staff, Good Coworkers, Gaining knowledge about the business
Cons
Short breaks, Long workdays
Company doesnt pay into benefits for families
Badging Office (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 26, 2018
The company does not pay any money into the benefits to make them more affordable for an employee with a family. I was paying 1400 a month, until the end of the year, then open enrollment happened and it went up to 1550 a month. very poor company and absolutely no company support.
Pros
Absolutely zero
Cons
Health care costs, pay
Sos
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 25, 2018
Pros
working by yourself
Cons
managers, lack of benifits, no paid sick days, no move up in the company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2018
That it dose pay the office good for what they work they don’t accept site that might put the officer in jeopardy and are pay for the work that t e to workhey do but the staff that another story.
productive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 20, 2018
working in SOS is really a good experience , but it is for the people how as not develop some kind of any physical problem because you stand a loot .
ugh
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Haymarket, VAJune 20, 2018
Head boss is absolutely terrible, Supervisors do a bad job in 'teaching' you things.. They all have terrible communication with each other. I would'nt recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
boring, bad communication with bosses and supervisiors
Flexible schedule
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10036June 20, 2018
This job was a relaxed laid back environment. I had the opportunity to choose what kind of schedule I was into, whether it be the night shift or the morning.
Management needs alot of improvement or even new management
Gaurd (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 20, 2018
I do not recommended to work for the brownsville tx branch.low paying no chance for advancement poor management .benefits and insurance don't kick in until 1 year of service.
Pros
40 hrsa week
Cons
No breaks, very low paying, no room for advancement.