SOS Security
64Average

SOS Security Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA28 reviews
Professional appearance and respected by client
Need to be a little more consistent the the expectation of the officers is inline with that of the leadership. Overall it was a great work experience and I was grateful for the opportunity
The worse company
Nothing about this company is good, the managers are liars, the supervisors are liars and backstabbers and snakes, the pay is horrible, the company will screw you on your pay many many many times, the company will sabotage your hours, most contracts don’t pay anything while other companies pay twice as much and do less work. With this company be ready to over work, over stress for 15 dollars.
Good choice if you need to study at work
Would be good for someone who is taking online courses because they can do their course work and job at the same time. Job is unfulfilling with low pay.
unorganized, management sucks
They send you to a site, management doesnt check on you, and they blame of everything. Oh and they don't blame any supervisors, nor do they get written ups for the mess or the clarity. They lie about the pay, no pay increase based on the experience you have, It's a company for people who just started security.
Love Recruiting
Great company to work. Some co-workers are wonderful people to work with. Like any other company some Mangers are not professionals nor well educated.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Good workplace
Good workplace, great people Quiet place to work. The people of the company to hire us is excellent in education, personal treatment. The comrades who work with me are good people.
Productive and steady pace
Good job,no advancements,no incease in pay,some of the jobs were standing for the shift,insurance needs to be included in job reguardless of part time or full time
Pros
Good job
Cons
Needed better benefits
Pay a bit low
I like the company, my boss was a good man but has no control over how much employees are paid. Schedules are not fixed and hence a bit stressful when you are called impromptu to cover a shift, sometimes in the middle of the night or when you are far away. Management is very friendly and accommodating. I will recommend SOS for anyone.
Very organized and professinal security company
Very professional then most security company's. They offer advancement and they offer paid time off once you pass the probation period. Free offers of training once employed with advancement opportunity.
Pros
All training is free through S.O.S LLC once employed
Cons
N/a
Like all security companies, they have terrible management.
Problem these days is that anyone can be a security guard and most of them can't do their jobs right. Worked in SOS for a year. I have been working 6 years as a security officer and I got to say it is not worth working at these jobs unless your in school. Most security jobs are very boring and can make time very slow and stressful. If your lucky, you might get a site with computer access and possibly kill time by doing school work while there isn't much to do after completing patrol. Although SOS have good training sessions on unarmed and armed security classes. They need better management since there are barely any account managers. I was assigned to an "armed site" where we were basically unarmed officers but we are register as armed security officers at my site, which made no sense at all, since my site was a human resources building that had child protected services and customers with mental health issues. Jobs like that are needed to be armed. We had guards that were transfer to other sites and management forgot to send replacement for particular shifts at my site. I had to do a double 2 days in a row in the last minute because of management not doing their job like there suppose too. After that they made me trained 3 different guards in one week which was annoying since most of them have strong accents that were hard to communicate. They never show up again the following week. Then management forgot to send replacements again and try to make me do another double two days in a row, which was my breaking point with this company. I immediately left when shift ended - more...
Pros
Decent paid
Cons
Terrible management, mostly retail sites they have contracted.
Not a Career
This company does care about no one but their self; it is a revolve door their. They will use you until you put your feet down. They have people in supervisor position that is incompetent and grown men crying about everything. It is just a trash job until I finish school because; this cannot be life for me.All it can do for me is Help buy my books for school that is all it good for. This company does pay anything the cost of living in Virginia is high and they start you of with 10.00 an hr. You can barley buy grocery with that let alone pay bills this is for someone that does not have any responsible or in high school not for a adult with a family. I know they are going to be mad when Minimum wage increased they wont have any choice but to increase the pay Good for those SOB in corporate..
Pros
You work by yourself
Cons
The day when you quit
Supervisors need to communivate with their coworkers
Work place was always relaxing. Management was always helpful when needed. Every day experiences was interesting. Enjoyed new experiences every day at my sites.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Pay doesnt.meet the economy
Unorganized
Worked there for a little while and I had to constantly ask when I'm going to be signed up for the training to get my license. Others who were hired after me I helped train received their license before me. It's a company where they prefer to keep employees at a certain level so they don't have to pay them more.
A great way to get a start
Its a great start in the field of Security. They will hire and start you as soon as your background check clears work hard and show up on time and they will give you an opportunity to advance.
Pros
Great start in the industry
SOS Security
In general SOS is a good place to work. Communication with supervisors can be frustrating/challenging at times, but overall I like the work and my co-workers. I have had the opportunity to be trained and to renew my certifications. I would like to advance to a more senior role and I don't feel I have that opportunity currently.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Communication
SOS Secuirty
I work 4-12 so I really don't see that many people, but when I have worked the morning shift there is the management and they do nothing. Working at a courthouse, there are a lot of people coming in all day and sometimes its can get really backed up, in that process we will need more help and they comes from the management but it never happens. This is no move up in the company at all, I have worked hard for years and have not moved up once.
Pros
Working by myself
Cons
managers, lack of benifits, no paid sick days, no move up in the company
Sos
Pros
working by yourself
Cons
managers, lack of benifits, no paid sick days, no move up in the company
ugh
Head boss is absolutely terrible, Supervisors do a bad job in 'teaching' you things.. They all have terrible communication with each other. I would'nt recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
boring, bad communication with bosses and supervisiors
work
work has hard as you can for a company that is not there for you you will get fired for asking for pay owed too you and fellow co-workers.but it is a cool environment to work in flexiable hours
God Awful Company
Management is awful, takes far too long for anyone to get back to you. They wait until the last second to do anything and if you need a day off, you're out of luck.

Would not recommend to anybody. 0/10.
Cons
No breaks
Winderful company
A great company to work for that have great and outstanding security officers who are in great shape with nice uniforms plus the management is consist of the best managers.
Pros
Awesome
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOS Security. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8