SOS Security Employee Reviews

Very fast paced sometimes
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 25, 2019
Good company to work for if you like doing security. Great out of state opportunities for events to go work them great informative information on line at job website easy to check paystub‘s in job announcements
Pros
Will pay for training
Cons
Need more job advancements
Good place for motivated workers with few close ties
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 23, 2019
Advancement requires placing the company first, ahead of family. Good place for motivated workers with few close ties. Work/life balance is wildly out of balance.
Bad place to work
Guard (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 20, 2019
Management has low to no desire to assist its employees. Low consideration for employees life's outside of work (good luck calling out if your child gets sick).
A great and enthusiastic work experience.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 18, 2019
On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give S.O.S a 10. A typical day consists of inbound and outbound monitoring, along with fielding calls. As a Supervisor I worked directly with management and we co-existed very well together.
Pros
Great People
Cons
N/a
Guarding common areas and buildings
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 13, 2019
Foot patrol in any common area where security is needed. I learned to study peoples actions and gestures. Nice workplace culture with other staff members. Hardest part of the job may be standing on your feet for the entire shift.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
standing for long periods of time
There were good to me I had my hours
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 12, 2019
They keep losing contract as crazy didn't mention to you when you lost the contract you have to find out the day of the new contractor step in lack of management skills not enough respect for the workers
Pros
Aladdin my 40 hours and someone always called off enough overtime
Cons
You're leave always late
Cant wait to quit this job
Fire Guard at Chanel, Retail (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2019
The worse management I ever seen in security. They lie about how big their company really is. They barely have any sites in Manhattan. They help out people from Jersey more.
Pros
Starting pay is not bad
Cons
In the spring they have less hours
After a year, I was betrayed
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OR and Springfield, ORMarch 11, 2019
I worked at a different site than I currently do for about a year, then was offered a promotion to supervisor at another site, with promises of $15 dollars an hour and full time hours. I got there, and two weeks later I haven't gotten any kind of pay rise (from 11.50), and get informed that I will not actually get the pay I was promised and will have to settle for a significantly lower one and be grateful that it's more than my old rate at all. There was more trouble with getting my pay after, but the most important review I can give is this: Do NOT Trust Them. ANY kind of promise made to you, get it in writing.

Before this incident, it was a fairly average stable security gig. Kind of low pay for the field.
Pros
paid lunch, job security, fairly regular hours
Cons
Dishonest upper management, unreliable, permanently under-staffed
Ok place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2019
Ok place to work. Pay not that great at all. Communication isn't great at all either almost no pay raise and benefits aren't great. Almost no room for advancement.
I just like working for SOS Security
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2019
I.can't spike for no one else i just like working for SOS Security they are wonderful employer's and employees to work with everyone that i know that work for SOS Security is nice and helpful and when you call them they do answer if anyone work grave yard shift road supervisor do come out to check on you now i can only tell you about SOS Security in fort Lauderdale.
Pros
When its slow and you bring your own lounch they don't bye lounch for the employees
Cons
All is well
SOS is a good place start to begin a career.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 8, 2019
Overall this is a good Security company, the pay for is not that great. The management is solid and once again a good company to start a career if security is the path your looking for.
Toledo Ohio division is awful
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 8, 2019
The supervisor for the Toledo division is by far the worst boss I have ever had and everyone that works for her in this city will agree. She constantly disrespects her employees, talks down on them, will argue and talk bad about other employees. This is nothing professional about this supervisor, I have no idea how she got the position she is in. She will mess up the schedule or forget to add a shift to your schedule then yell and cuss at you when you don’t show up...even though your schedule says you have the day off. There is zero flexibility with your schedule, you get what you get and you have no choice in the matter. Some of us have worked 7 days a week(12 hours a day) for the past year with absolutely no days off. You will likely never get a holiday off ever, and forget about having weekends off. You literally have no life if you choose to work here so I hope you don’t have children or elderly that you care for because our supervisor will just say “that’s not my problem”
Oh and most of the job sites, you sit in your own car. We have company vehicles but most of them are broke down or don’t have heat/ac. They won’t compensate your gas used either. Most of my co-workers are incompetent, they will literally hire anyone that shows up for an interview, very minimal training once you’re hired, sometimes no training depending on how desperate they are. A lot of people do not take this job seriously and will sleep on the job, I would think that would get them fired but it hasn’t because we’re so low on guards that they can’t afford to hire anyone. Which basically lets the
  more... lazy workers know that they can get away with anything and not be reprimanded.
This place is the worst. I love working security and I enjoy being around the clients that we serve but the security company itself needs a lot of improvements.
Pros
The clients that contract us are nice
Cons
Everything but especially the supervisor
It was okay
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 6, 2019
It was an okay job just lacked hours. I wouldnt mind working there again at this point but lack of hours made things impossiable. It was basically alot if time traveling
Pros
Some discounts
Cons
Short breaks and lack of work
40 hours a week working corporate security
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2019
I work for SOS security in an office where i do corporate security and monitor potential threats to members of our company during travel, and to different countries. The job is incredible and very relaxed. I don't even have to wear an uncomfortable bulky uniform, i get to wear office clothes which is awesome!

My manager is very patient and supportive. I get forty hours a week+ which makes me very happy. This company has given me no problems so far and i am glad to be one of the more positive reviewers online. I have had some difficulties with other companies with keeping me under forty hours and getting harassed, but not here. Our Denver Colorado company seems to have it together and i look forward to reporting the benefits and vacation time as soon as i can.
Pros
Good pay, 40 hours, high level post, No guard uniform-Business casual
Cons
None so far thankfully
SOS Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2019
Security mainly involved deterrence by being physically present. There is no apprehension or detaining of personnel involved in this line of work. Physically challenging only because you will be expected to stand for several hours at a time with little of any breaks.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Simple work
Cons
Few breaks, no benefits, little advancement
Good working deserving employees need a fair shake.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 2, 2019
I'm working at sos security for 8 years part time there are no benefits for part time .the pay is 9.25 a hr.in the 8 years I have never received a pay raise to this day.to management we are non existent. And we work at one of there biggest account.
Pros
Non
Cons
No pay raises
Typical mismanaged Security company
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33433March 1, 2019
I am a site manager in Orlando. The site I work at is a good site because of the crew and the client. The client looks out more for the officers than what SOS does. They are losing sites here left and right because they do not know how to manage any of them.I originally came in as a loss prevention officer and then find myself as a site manager. So, now I have two jobs and only get paid for one of them. They are cheap and do not recommend.
Its okay
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2019
Laid back and nice company. Im not sure that theres much more to do when trying to climb the ladder of employment it seems that you have to be here long enough just to get a chance at a better position.
Worst Job Ever
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 1, 2019
This is an awful company to work for. There are times when you won't be relieved after your shift, or have to wait hours for someone to come. Dispatch seldom answers your call, and when they do it's always a rude response. The pay is terrible, and there's no room for advancement. The health care programs are terrible. Workers only get PTO hours after a year of employment. You rarely communicate with the account manager and other supervisors. That's if you meet them at all. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, long hours, unwanted overtime, poor benefits, and lack of promotions.
Worst Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Do not apply for this job. Yes it's easy to get on but they have you working hard and turn around and dismiss you because they have inappropriate relationships with clients. Doesn't matter if your a good worker until those lazy people don't come in and they need you. I've worked 18 straight for them and when a manager decided one day she wanted to be upset with me because I didn't add her on FB all of a sudden she wanted a different officer. I had zero write ups. I put my two weeks notice and the head area manager put me in as termination on the Friday of the last day and of course didn't tell me. It's sad the way they allow their emotions to run them. I have a real career now but if had to stay in security go to US Security Associates.. Great company.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
All management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOS Security. Our community is ready to answer.