SOS Security Employee Reviews

Long hours standing
Supervisor Keith Edwards (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
Long standing hours, if you can find positions that will let you sit while work this will be the best option for your legs. Be careful with some store managers they tend to be nice to your face but will say negative things to your supervisor.
Pros
Pay rate low at some stores
Cons
short breaks
Upscale and relaxed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJune 13, 2018
SOS Security was fair and I was more than fairly compensated for my long hours and special circumstances. The quality of officers and assignments were great. Certain clients and sites were very demanding however not overbearing .
Pros
Uniforms provided, management were constant in checking on their officers.
Bullies and Discriminates with Race and Gender
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAJune 4, 2018
I have worked for this conpany for almost 4 yrs. Come July 26,2018. I have been harrassed and tried to get help with management but was moved because the person I complained about was favored My pay was decreased and I am constantly being harrassed and moved. I am being labeled as crazy. This company only move up men and Spanish people who are family members of HR. Management. They receive the sites that pay the most. This company uses retired cops to bully you to work. They move you whenever you want. This company will act like you do not know your job and will fire you. If you are working at a site that pays ten dollars, they will have a family member working the same site making 15 dollars an hour and label them as supervisor because they are either in a relationship with someone in management or a family member. Very stressful place to work. Takes pictures of you. Only bullies or family members move up.
Pros
Cons
Very stressful company to work for. Bullies...
Easy work but little pay
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 28, 2018
Your experience will vary greatly depending on which account you are assigned to. It is difficult to say how other acounts are compared to the one I was working at.
Great place to work if you need hours
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2018
Learned a lot about Loss prevention. Get to dress in a black suit when you are working in high end retail boutique stores, enjoy overnight security work mostly.
Pros
Flexible schedule if you are a rover
Cons
Not consistent with hours sometimes
Productive work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2018
Each job offers a challenge and each job can be streasful and relaxing. Teaches you the importance of staying calm and relaxed in certain situations dealing with what can go on with the job
Pros
Different job locations
Cons
Long travel
Be Better
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2018
this company bought out an old company and the only benefit was the raise given if you switched over to they company other then that management was not good at all.you can't have a beard unless you have a doctor note because its unprofessional. they don't give raises because they said "they start you off too high"
Pros
they give you a uniform
Cons
short breaks, no raise
Clean and professional environment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDMay 22, 2018
A typical day is extremely busy in the mornings with lull periods throughout the afternoon. Management is honest and keeps an open door policy with the officers.
Pros
Loyal to their employees
Cons
Not enough paid days off. Low salary
More Room for Growth
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
It's Okay, but no growth for advancement. There sure be more raises which most companies review you every year. The company is just okay.. I would like to see more professional people in this location. Not a whole lot to say about this company. There needs to be more improvement in communication. I need more room for growth.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks
Plesent place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
Loved to interact with the staff and managerment. The company had a multi culturial workplace to work. It was a very good learning environment. Management was very supportive and encourage the staff with advanment with in the cooperation.
Pros
free movie. plays screening
Cons

Want to know more about SOS Security?

Ask a question
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
They call you when they need you and poor communication with supervisor. I would prefer a different company and experience something. I didn't have a stable spot after 3 mouths probation and I lay off because I found another job that was only temporary for 2 month that pay more.
Never got a full time position however guards who got on board recently got full time a bit racist if you ask me.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa MonicaApril 22, 2018
The company lacks professional administrative personnel. They give job positions that do not comply and constantly changing security. They suck over all
Pros
No paid vacation no restroom at times
Cons
Hard works is not appreciated. Lazy and of a certain race will get you a full time job.
Fast paced always changing
Licensed Unarmed/ Loss Prevention Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
work multiple sites, from food store to malls. worked site perimeter,
plan to be different area and sites on different days . Plan to drive long distances
Pros
Clients
Cons
Standing long time
God Awful Company
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Haymarket, VAApril 16, 2018
Management is awful, takes far too long for anyone to get back to you. They wait until the last second to do anything and if you need a day off, you're out of luck.

Would not recommend to anybody. 0/10.
Cons
No breaks
Good place to build your work costumer service
A security guard or security officer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 11, 2018
patrol companies and check associates check CCTV also work with patrol codes and also do daily activity reports, also do lost and found reports also work with computer access
Site managers are great. They taught me the job and provided any support I needed. They did not micro-manage.
PATROL SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed working for SOS. I was provided with all the equipment I needed. The vehicle was always maintained. The supervisor was great. I was not micro-managed. The company supported the officers in maintaining a good working relationship with the clients.
Pros
No micro-managing.
Cons
Management works with you.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2018
Management works with you.While working high end security contracted to stores observed and reported matters of patron theft. Monitored all persons entering and departing area assisted customer employees,and secure company property are maintained in safe and secure environment.
Good Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2018
SOS Security is a good company. They have a good team of people who are professionals at what they do. Never had an issue working there. A great company for the inexperienced officer.
High profile celebrity style environment -Rodeo Drive Security
Field Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Security, COMarch 26, 2018
Prepare and conduct staff roll calls and daily Briefings. Schedule staff for posts and prepare break schedules. Unlock and inspect facilities for safety. Check messages, emails and respond to clients, and management. Ensure that all staff started work in a proper uniform. Review procedures with staff. Provide coaching, consulting, and new orientation training. Write and conduct staff performance reviews. Meet with clients and management to discuss upcoming operational needs and staff coverage. Write daily reports for management. File incident reports. Create schedule for following days. Coordinate special events and provide security escort during special delivery.
Pros
clean environment with very demanding clients
Cons
short breaks, 3 sick days paid per year, underestimated salary, low merrit increase
Horrible Owner
Low Voltage Tech (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GAMarch 14, 2018
Owner Has A Personal Problem That I Refuse On Speaking About Its Stressful Everyday Thinking Will You Have A Job The Next Day The Company Is Just A Horrible Place To Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOS Security. Our community is ready to answer.