SOS Security Employee Reviews

Time wasted plus false advertisement
not worth the time (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 13, 2018
This is one of many companies that are looking for cheap high end guards, BE AWARE on AD, If the ad says Military / correctional or LEO its a scam. they will pay top dollar but later they will try to low-balled you by a few dollars then at signing contract they will pay minimum wage, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR OTHER JOB until you see contract agreement.
Pros
nothing to say
Cons
scammers
A Corporation that values it's line staff!
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2018
This is a company that really supports the development of it's employees. Many programs designed to provide training and resources to staff. Advancement opportunities made availble.
Don't just take my word for it.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 9, 2018
A typical day at work wasn't an issue. Management had their favorite which made work uncomfortable. The hardest part of the job was trying to work with certain coworkers.
Pros
Nothing comes to mind.
Cons
Management and Pay
Dirty place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLDecember 8, 2018
This place is dirty . Bugs falling from the Ceiling . the whole animal kingdom entering the gate house . I found out I was pregnant and ask the manager if he can hire an exterminator to get rid of all the bugs. There manager keep saying that he will write it on his report and nothing gets done. Then I took matters into my own hand and went to Walmart and bought roach spray and roach bombs. People smoke tobacco in the Gate House so I was not able to be around that environment because I am pregnant and nobody cared . Then I quit my job and the week after I quit they’re calling me to tell me that I was still on the schedule which proved to me that they seriously lack communication.
Pros
.pay bad, hazardous, lack of communication, bugs falling from ceiling, people smoking tobacco in gate house, lack of management
Cons
Nothing to do
na
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Southfield MIDecember 8, 2018
SOS Security
Security Officer | 08-18-Present
 Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property;
 Monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment and access points; permitting entry.
 Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers. Obtain help by sounding alarms.
Pros
Cons
terrible place to work
Was a great place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 2, 2018
The environment at SOS was good, Management and staff were very friendly. During season hours they don't allow days off or sick days though. I had a family emergency and they bent the rule to allow me to take care of the issue. They were very understanding.
Log in them start me hourly rounds monitor security camera and respond to any issues
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 29, 2018
Write Reports, Make Hourly Rounds, Secure Employees and Property, Camera Monitor, Check Lock Doors, Escort Employees to there Vehicles, Greet Delivery Driver at Gate.
nice place to work nice environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
i was employee one year with sos currently no working since september 2018 to until now . i am now unemployment . site is too far away from my house where i live
Employees have very outgoing personalities
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 27, 2018
During a typical day at work, I usually arrive about 20 minutes early to gain important information vital to carrying out my shift duties. Upon gaining the information I visuallt inspect each officer to assure that he/she is in proper uniform. Then, each officier is given a radio and I assign them to their designated post for the day. Once each officer is posted they are responsible for responding to audio checks after each 30-minute interval. I keep the record of all radio and written responses regarding activity during the shift. In addition, I patrol the secured area while ensuring that there is no activity in non-designated civilian areas of the workplace. I've gained skills with conflict resolution, training individuals, enhanced my communication skills and proper time management. The hardest part of my job is adjusting to the elements without proper facilities for restroom/dining time.
Pros
Friendly employees and steady work pace.
Cons
Restroom facility
A good company to work for.
Shift Supervisor and Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 23, 2018
A good company to work for. Work availability must be open and pay roll is good. Hard work will get noticed in this company. Always arrive on time for work and always seek more opportunities within the company.
Pros
Pros: Good payroll, paid on time.
Relaxed and productive
Security Guard (Unarmed) (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 19, 2018
Its boring standing in a store for 6 - 12 hours. The paycheck is ok but not enough to support your family and pay rent, especially we are in hawaii. Cannot support a family in hawaii. But maybe a different state you can. Just not in hawaii.
Pros
Relaxed environment.
Cons
Short break but long working hours
Good company
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 15, 2018
SOS was a good company to work for, unfortunately they lost the contract I was hired for and I was laid off. The salary was good and some of the company benefits were decent, they provided a company vehicle for me to use.
Honestly better than the rest
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
Having been in the security contract field for 20 years, it's rare to find a company that cares about their employee's. Reading negative reviews makes me question personal performance, nobody here has given me any flack, it's as much work/$ as I'd like. All of the job sites are high end and demand more than say sitting in a booth and that might be harder for the average person that has worked for the other 90% of security companies. Know that if you work for SOS you're working in a higher end company/business.
Pros
Pay, Sites are high end, branch
Cons
picky clients, uniform must be perfect at all times
Non friendly employee company
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2018
This company has no compassion for employees. They only care about their bottom line and not what is going on in the employees personal life or circumstances of why someone can't work.
Horrible hours and conditions
Security officer (site supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 9, 2018
You go to sites where you're usually sitting in your own car which requires you to run your own car for a/c or heat.
If you're lucky enough to get a guard car to use, the car is usually very dirty inside and sometimes not maintained like it should
Pros
easy work, no stress, Overtime was readily available if needed
Cons
having to use your own car on site, lack of benefits, no raises
Good company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 9, 2018
Managment is good. Decent pay forthe area. Not stressful you only work one or maybe 2 sites at the most so no stress dealing with diffrent sites. Overall a good company.
Relatively good pay with little effort
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 3, 2018
Security mainly involved deterrence by being physically present. There is no apprehension or detaining of personnel involved in this line of work. Physically challenging only because you will be expected to stand for several hours at a time with little of any breaks.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Simple work
Cons
Few breaks, no benefits, little advancement
Stay away from SOS.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
I was hired as a full time employee. After working a temporary site for five days. I had the director of operations come out to my site to come evaluate me and talk to me about my next site. Come to find out that my next site it was only a Part Time/ Seasonal position which I wasn’t hired for. My hourly rate pay was dropped down by three dollars. This company is a liar.. Don’t waste your time. I’m put in my two week notice and got a better job with a better company that values my experience that doesn’t lie because it’s in writing.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Horrible management Liars Don’t value experience
kinda good
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PANovember 1, 2018
A good place to work if you love overtime. The company gave out overtime all the time. The pay was alright but it paid the bills. The only issue i had was that i never got a pay raise after being there a year.
Pros
overtime
Great law enforcement experience
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 31, 2018
I want to become a police officer and being a security officer had given me a small taste of what it’s like to work in a law enforcement industry and I’ve enjoyed it since day one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOS Security. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about