SOS Security Employee Reviews for Security Supervisor

A Great Example...
Security Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2018
A great example of how not to treat your employees or run a business. We were promised raises when the company came to town and took over our contract. 20 years later the raises never came and minimum wage is now their starting wage,
Pros
Lots of down time usually.
Cons
Back stabby Management, poor pay, no benefits
didd not think the company cared for there employees
Private Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2401 sardis rd charlotte ncMay 14, 2018
did not like the management at all very unprofessional in the way they handled things for sos the company the nc district is poorly ran and it is the reason i am wanting to leave as soon as i find something else.
Pros
its a job if you need one
Cons
prepare to always have problems
The Mangement
Security Officer (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PA 19004January 22, 2018
I was with this company for 3 years and over all it was a good experience. But at the same time I also felt like this was one of those work places where you had to know someone to advance.
Professional Environment.
Armed Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 6, 2017
Security for a High Security Data Center. Very Professional Operation. Officers and managers are retired police officers. We take the position seriously and provide the best protection possible.
Pros
Very good management and staff.
Cons
Limited benefits.
Good for background and experience
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2017
SOS Security is also know as New Horizon Security services recently bought out by SOS. as a New Horizon employee career advancement was a great opportunity great management and a stable place to work SOS offers the same. But would love to look for better options.
Fun place to work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Great Security Company to work for. The staff is very warm and welcoming. I recommend this company to all persons. This a very productive and fun work place. The staff is wonderful.
A typical day included receieving packages, greeting all visitors, this was in the morning. In the afternoon things slowed down, but my co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The account mananger and operation mananager was the best.
Pros
Room for growth pay scale is good also
Cons
N/a
Not a great job
Security Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 5, 2016
Not a great place to work. No chance to advance. Leadership is inept, lies and plays favorites. When they lay people off they cut the bad employees with the good, heedlessly.
Pros
Being employed
Cons
Inept devious leadership, no advancement opportunities
I got compensated well, there.
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisFebruary 13, 2016
I would be an emergency fill-in and cover for various sites. I learned that your dedication to your hustle is your only limit, in this company. Management has a "hands off" approach which is both good and bad. I go to a variety of places, so I don't get to interact with co-workers, much. The hardest part of my job, is to keep busy when I'm not scheduled due to lack of hours. The must enjoyable part of the part was my compensation for a job well done, and meeting associates on the client side of things.
Pros
the high amount of hours when booming
Cons
healthcare
Productive and fun work place
Security Supervisor- World Financial Center (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2016
I feel as if they can do a lot better. They care about their guards and always quick to help solve any problems. Its a caring company and they will get better at what they do..
Well-Respected Organization
Lead Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 8, 2015
I was promoted from within ranks, an opportunity that allowed me to assess and strengthen the weaknesses of my security team. The current company I'm contracted with allowed me to participate in Government training allowing me to pass this knowledge unto my fellow team mates, making us an effective force for operations.
Pros
We are freely allowed to suggest ideas to enhance the security of our surroundings.
Cons
Outside security training is voluntary, Officer's will not be as effective as officers taking mandatory training.
n/a
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2015
Patrol facility or stand post as instructed. Patrol industrial/commercial premises to prevent intrusion of any doors, windows or gates
• Report all accidents, emergencies as required. Write reports of activity and equipment damage
• Detect suspicious activity and watch or any unusual occurrences
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of visitors, employees etc.
• Escort and drive motor vehicle to specified locations on the property.
• Examining all entrances to assigned buildings to ensure that it is secure
A great place to work.
Lead Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 9, 2015
I had good opportunity working for this company. I would not change the things I experiences and learned from the company.
Great Work Environment
Armed Security/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILMarch 11, 2015
From this job I have learned how to work on computers an enhanced my social skills. During the days I would patrol a building and record times on my shift of what was going on during these times. Also i answered the phone at the front desk from the tenants of there problems they had during the shift. During the shift I also checked tenants guess in an out at the front desk an there were two gurads on shift a supervisor an just a gurad
Security supervisor
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  IrvingNovember 14, 2014
Clock in and conduct a radio check to ensure that all of the officers are on site and available, if needed. I sit at the front desk and monitor surveillance cameras while issuing out temp badges to visitors that are authorized one. I also am available at all times for any type of security assistance. I also patrol periodically throughout the day to ensure that the officers are conducting their hourly rounds.
Productive environment
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 2, 2014
Day to day operations with escalations by associates from threat calls to vehicle assistance. Supervise multiple personnel, to include office operations and inner office communication between departments.
great company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2013
Busy busy helping employees, vendors, and visitors while monitoring CCTVs and alarm systems

Improved my management skills

Co-workers were great

Seeing someone get hurt badly

Working with people
SOS Security at Nokia
Nokia Corporate Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2012
A typical day involves monitoring the appointed site and its employees.
You learn how to manage security situations and interact with people in case of crisis.
Management is remote. Teleconference meetings are held where verbal updates are made and written reports are submitted.
Co-workers at the Nokia location are wonderful.
This is a low incident site.
The hardest part of the job is the commute.
The most enjoyable aspect of this job are the people and the comradery that is developed.
Pros
work environment, independence, co-workers
Cons
commute to and fro