SOSi Employee Reviews

Out of Touch
Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 9, 2018
Leadership is available. The culture can be fun and can be toxic based on what clique you fall into. Decent benefits. Employees tend to fear leadership based on reactions.
Fun, Fulfilling and a Definite Blessing.
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXJune 27, 2018
Awesome Group with the same focus and desired outcome of their mission statement,which is helping others in need.
A Blessed Experience. Gratifying. We need more compassionate individuals as these placing others before themselves.
Pros
Fellowshiping
Cons
long days
Good people, poor pay
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 4, 2018
Generally an enjoyable experience, but they pay less for the same job title and skill set than competitors in the area. If you need the job it's fine, but everyone is aware of the low pay and just bides their time until an opportunity at a neighboring company doing the same thing opens up.
Pros
nice people
Cons
below market pay, terrible health plan
Not recommended
Immigration Court Contract interpreter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2018
Poor communication, they would take a long time to answer emails.
Many interpreters would complain about hours, and I have to be there all day to be able to do at least 3 hours of work.
Contract
Russian Translator for Homeland Security Projects (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
They were all very nice to me, however, it was just a temporary contract.I can't really define and have a ready opinion about them. My contract went well, and so did my pay. Again, they were very nice and good to me,
Freelance contract position assigned jobs per need bases.
Freelance Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2018
Not enough assignment to keep me engaged full time and generate enoough income to make a living.
Pay condition is not fair where the Agency tries to under cut you at any opportunity they can come up with.
Pros
Skills development.
Cons
Long travel days and hrs, low pay rate.
Needs more leadership and personal responsibilty
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 8, 2018
Often times I saw and experienced a lack of personal responsibility from the staff. It is hard to gain these things when there is a lack of education on the direct result of poor work quality. This I feel led to apathy and listlessness.
Pros
independence, flexible management
Cons
poor personal responsibility
Summary
Senior Operations and Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 2, 2018
Overall it was a good experience. Their challenges were those that are common with most companies at the point of development.

I worked with some great people and leaders
Pros
Growing
Cons
Lacked operational support
Terrible
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 30, 2018
Long hours, incompetent exec Managment team. No opportunity for advancement at Exec level. Almost entire exec leadership is made of white males over the age of 55. They talk a good talk about diversity yet promote none. Sad to see a woman owned business completely controlled by incompetent men.
Pros
Good events
Cons
Long hours, no respect for working parents.
Senior Proposal Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 15, 2018
SOSi is a very fast paced company. It includes many additional hours and weekends. The corporate culture is inclusive. The company has been growing, so it offers opportunity for the right person.
Pros
Very good benefits package
Cons
Many additional hours
Productive family oriented workplace
Senior Medical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 22, 2018
SOSi is a mid-sized company that is currently expanding through acquisitions.Sosi is a great place to work, offering ample learning opportunities, competitive benefits and flexible work schedules.
Good place
Translator (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Job more suitable for people who are already retired, hours not stable. Good environment, fast paced. The constant need for hours make for certain people to gossip as a bridge to obtain more work from superiors
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Environment which favors gossip between coworkers
#timesup #metoo
I'd prefer not to answer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 15, 2018
I don't need to say anything else, really. Long hours, poor management, harassment and racial biases despite having excellent employee diversity, poor and ineffective HR reign supreme. Either lower management keeps information from the executives, or the executives are complicit.
Pros
Great company social events
SOSI Review
Assistant Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 15, 2017
The job was fast pace and it was under decent management. It was a place to get to know individuals, but very professional indeed. We worked 12 hours a day 6 days a week. The hardest part of the job is being away from home. The place of work is in Iraq but I live in the united states and I would like to work and go home every night.
Pros
The company paid on time
Cons
I was missing my kids growing up
Never again
Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 5, 2017
I wouldn't discourage anyone from working there, but I would never work there again. With the long hours, poor management, no work/life balance, that place will kill you.
Medium-sized company trying to grow into the large category
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 2, 2017
The line staff are very nice, just often over-worked. The company is trying to grow into a large Government contracting company, but it lacks the back-end infrastructure to handle large contractor work. The outlook is they will adjust when they win a large contract. Work processes and policies are still in the development stage. Upper management has become detached from the line workforce within the past couple of years. CEO interaction only happens during monthly coffee and conversation discussions if you are selected to participate. The family-run business doesn't feel like a family any longer. The business mentality has all but taken over.
Pros
Good pay and good benefits; 401k is one of the better plans offered
Cons
work-life balance is difficult to achieve; senior management quality can be hit or miss
Great company
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 25, 2017
A typical work day is full of adventure and knowledge also maintain me so busy that I love it. There isn't a company like this one. I recommended to any one.
Pros
Employee oriented
fun
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoy working for them. But they just contractor that is the only reason I don't like. I would work for them again if I have too.
Pros
lunch
Cons
break
SMEs with CI background
Subject Matter Expert, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 27, 2017
Direct contributions to the readiness of new FBI agents in the numerous talents needed to be a successful counterintelligence officer. Intensive training for new agents in surveillance and interrogation techniques.
Nice place if you get full time job
Linguist/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 24, 2017
I worked with SOSI for some time now. They're great employers if you are lucky enough to get a full time employment with them. As a part timer I hasn't been that fortunate.