SOSi Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Needs more leadership and personal responsibilty
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 8, 2018
Often times I saw and experienced a lack of personal responsibility from the staff. It is hard to gain these things when there is a lack of education on the direct result of poor work quality. This I feel led to apathy and listlessness.
Pros
independence, flexible management
Cons
poor personal responsibility
Terrible
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 30, 2018
Long hours, incompetent exec Managment team. No opportunity for advancement at Exec level. Almost entire exec leadership is made of white males over the age of 55. They talk a good talk about diversity yet promote none. Sad to see a woman owned business completely controlled by incompetent men.
Pros
Good events
Cons
Long hours, no respect for working parents.
Senior Proposal Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 15, 2018
SOSi is a very fast paced company. It includes many additional hours and weekends. The corporate culture is inclusive. The company has been growing, so it offers opportunity for the right person.
Pros
Very good benefits package
Cons
Many additional hours
Productive family oriented workplace
Senior Medical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 22, 2018
SOSi is a mid-sized company that is currently expanding through acquisitions.Sosi is a great place to work, offering ample learning opportunities, competitive benefits and flexible work schedules.
Good place
Translator (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Job more suitable for people who are already retired, hours not stable. Good environment, fast paced. The constant need for hours make for certain people to gossip as a bridge to obtain more work from superiors
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Environment which favors gossip between coworkers
#timesup #metoo
I'd prefer not to answer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 15, 2018
I don't need to say anything else, really. Long hours, poor management, harassment and racial biases despite having excellent employee diversity, poor and ineffective HR reign supreme. Either lower management keeps information from the executives, or the executives are complicit.
Pros
Great company social events
SOSI Review
Assistant Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 15, 2017
The job was fast pace and it was under decent management. It was a place to get to know individuals, but very professional indeed. We worked 12 hours a day 6 days a week. The hardest part of the job is being away from home. The place of work is in Iraq but I live in the united states and I would like to work and go home every night.
Pros
The company paid on time
Cons
I was missing my kids growing up
Never again
Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 5, 2017
I wouldn't discourage anyone from working there, but I would never work there again. With the long hours, poor management, no work/life balance, that place will kill you.
Medium-sized company trying to grow into the large category
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 2, 2017
The line staff are very nice, just often over-worked. The company is trying to grow into a large Government contracting company, but it lacks the back-end infrastructure to handle large contractor work. The outlook is they will adjust when they win a large contract. Work processes and policies are still in the development stage. Upper management has become detached from the line workforce within the past couple of years. CEO interaction only happens during monthly coffee and conversation discussions if you are selected to participate. The family-run business doesn't feel like a family any longer. The business mentality has all but taken over.
Pros
Good pay and good benefits; 401k is one of the better plans offered
Cons
work-life balance is difficult to achieve; senior management quality can be hit or miss
Great company
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 25, 2017
A typical work day is full of adventure and knowledge also maintain me so busy that I love it. There isn't a company like this one. I recommended to any one.
Pros
Employee oriented
fun
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoy working for them. But they just contractor that is the only reason I don't like. I would work for them again if I have too.
Pros
lunch
Cons
break
SMEs with CI background
Subject Matter Expert, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 27, 2017
Direct contributions to the readiness of new FBI agents in the numerous talents needed to be a successful counterintelligence officer. Intensive training for new agents in surveillance and interrogation techniques.
Nice place if you get full time job
Linguist/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 24, 2017
I worked with SOSI for some time now. They're great employers if you are lucky enough to get a full time employment with them. As a part timer I hasn't been that fortunate.
Inexperienced
Court Interpreter for Immigration Courts (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2017
The staff and coordinators are inexperienced.It is very difficult for them to face any difficult situation. They have a communication gap and hey are not very well trained.
Good pay, unstable work
Analytical Linguist Contractor (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJune 14, 2017
Management shows favoritism, unstable work. Great experience to work with amazing government agencies. Hours are volatile, plan on working all weekends unless you belong to the right click.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unstable work
Horrible experience.
Immigration Court Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2017
Stay away from this company. I invested 4 months completing all the requirements, including training and observations. Without any logical explanation, they suspended my credentials and did not let me proceed. Before you invest your valuable time, DON'T waste your time with this joke of a company. Look somewhere else where contractors are valued.
Pros
The training was good.
productive and fun place to work
STERILE PROCESSING INSTRUMENT TECH II (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 24, 2017
I love working for sosi. This is a great company and the only company I have worked for that offers company paid health insurance to its employees. It is also very family orientated and work with employees needs. Over all a great company to work for.
Fast-paced, interesting line of work
Supervisor and Linguist for Government Agencies (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Log-in to a work station, upload any and all information needed to be translated. Translate and transcribe all necessary information. Proofing, editing, and quality control of all completed translations and transcriptions.
Pros
Travel with pay
Cons
No healthcare
Challenging job
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
Translations are the same with all the companies,qs well as the ongoing learning process at the level of slangs and dialects.
The difference between one translation contracting companyfrom another is management and compensation and benefits..
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Needs management improvement
A typical day at work at SOSi
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoy working at SOSi very much; the team members are hard workers and fun to work with. I am fascinated by the diversity of the members and the mission that we all shared.

I like the challenge of sourcing and finding the uncommon language candidates and love explaining the job to them.

The hardest part of the job is to find viable candidates in some hard to find uncommon indigenous Latin American candidates.