SOSi

• Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

productive

Most of the time i finish my products on time and fulfill the needs our Military personnel. I have zero issue with my work capability and our customer is very happy by my performance

A very good company who takes care of its employees

I have been working with SOSI since 2016 and I never had any problem dealing with them. The management is responsive to your needs and they even provide two 24/7 hotlines one is for operational purposes and the other is for travel purposes. I provide in person interpreting for immigration courts and detention centers. They arrange all my travel and hotel stay plus car rental if needed. They let me know well in advance about these arrangement and take care of my travel preferences. At work the assignments are very well organized and conveyed in time. There has never been any lapse from their end. People are friendly and respectful and they will always communicate with you over the phone or through email in a friendly and timely manner.

Pros

Freelancing opportunities, Good environment

Don't work for SOSi

It's a garbage company, stay far away...if you are a government contractor find another company to work for because SOSi underbids on their contracts and will most likely lowball you. When I say lowball I mean they will try to get away with paying you half of what you can earn elsewhere. They have a poor reputation in the community and the government only hires them when they want cheap bodies for slots. If you chose to ignore this advice, at least take the time to record your phones calls (if legal in your state/ country) with them during the hiring process and after-- it's that bad.

Not a good place to work

Can't speak for the entire company, but the management of my project is terrible. The project is very under-resourced, with the expectation being that employees will work outside of office hours to make up the difference, resulting in a terrible work-life balance. Management is stubborn, cheap, and generally unconcerned with employees wellbeing, and will sometimes gaslight you when concerns are raised. Not a great placed to work.

Cons

Long hours, terrible management, very little concern for employees.

Productive work place

Enjoyed working with SOSi the people there who where all about the job and youth care children was wonderful we did everything for the youth care children

Pros

Free breakfast lunch and dinner make your schedule

Cons

Short breaks

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

EIS Shelter

Worked at Emergency Influx Shelter. Loved the kids, but is was so chaotic due to constant changes from upper level department. Changes daily. They should also do more vetting of employees. A lot we’re not competent at case management.

Good pay some benefits

The employees would get free food. Job was not hard pay was good. Sometimes a lot of hours but overall manageable. Great experience company need to train employees more and have better communication skills. Notify us of changes or changes or schedule ahead of time. A bit disorganized.

Pros

Free lunch pay

Cons

Disorganized no communication with employees about changes

It was fun but chaotic

This was a temporary job, and the only way I can describe it was organized chaos. But, they took care of employees, my pay was never late, but be aware, if you sign up for a temporary job with a company like this: expect the unexpected.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

it was chaotic due to the nature of the project

Everyone worked hard on this humanitarian mission

Challenge accepted and mission was accomplished !! It started off a bit chaotic due to so many changes in a short period of time but it is an experience I will never forget. I was a Lead Case Manager and interacted with the unaccompanied minors and helped gather all of the pertinent documents needed for the reunification process. They were well taken care of and they got all of their needs met. It was very rewarding to see them get reunified with their sponsors. SOSI is a very good company to work for. The corporate office staff are some of the hardest working/dedicated people I have ever met. Their pay for social services was extremely generous and they offered additional monetary incentives to work on weekends. Overall it was a great experience and I would do it all over again because I believe in this mission.

Pros

Compensation, experience and humanitarian effort

Cons

Not being able to work the cases all the way through.

Long hours. Good pay

Hours were long but the pay and compensation for weekends/holidays was well worth it. SOSi lacked is communication with employees regarding shift coverage and schedules. Overall good company to work for in a temp capacity.

Ambiente muy amable

Exelente ambiente , tranquilo trabajar con los compañeros , ayuda con lo que se me dificulte , una empresa muy segura .

It was easy and they took care of their employees.

Love that they provided food and they where laid back people , respected their employees. No one was on your case they basically expected you to work and get compensated. I would love to work for them again.

Pros

Free lunch, professional people and friendly work environment.

Cons

I did not get any breaks, guess it was my fault because I am very responsible, they did allow breaks.

They were very helpful at the beginning, but after throwing you to the Liones they let you alone

I have a good experience, but I was accused of something that I didn't do I wait for HR to reach me, but nothing. You are one more number, and I was not able to defen myself.

Pros

Good pay, nice people for the interview and fast to star to work.

Cons

No one is indispensable, you are one more number.

Pay was good, a little chaotic

When I first started, I never knew who was in charge, there was several different contractors for the position but I never knew who I could speak to when there was a problem. There is an email for HR and I had emailed a few times with no responses. Didn't know what my schedule was and went in when I was able to but then got a message that someone would contact you with your set schedule, well that never happened. the communication is awful. Also the pay was good but when you start speaking to others who are doing the EXACT same thing as you and they are getting paid $4 more an hour, it is not ok. I emailed them about that as well and never got a response. I did enjoy the job and would like to continue but the lack of communication is not ok and makes me feel uneasy. We had "training" two weeks after I was hired and that was the last time I saw someone from SOSi higher ups. I am just not use to this type of work. I am use to knowing who is my supervisor and who is my manager, etc.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

No communication

Good Comapany

I am a contractor for the company but i am satisfied with the pay and my contract. the coordinators are easy to reach and everything is arranged smoothly.

Would avoid working for company.

No communication between project manager and employees. Lack of training is immense. You are left to just figure it out. Organization is strongly lacking. Continued replacement of project managers. 4 in two years. No consideration for employees. No yearly raises on contract employees.

Pros

They are ok with you using time to got I appointments and sick days etc.

Cons

To many to list.

Flexible job with no benefits (it's contract), stressful environment

The money is good but you're often questioned and challenged inside the courtroom, though that's just part of the job. Coordinators are not always very responsive and once you've accepted a job you're pretty much on your own as if you have a day-of emergency there's not much that can be done, and you'll be penalized if you don't show. The work culture is what you make of it. Depending on where you work, there may not be an office or a dedicated space for interpreters, and it's up to you to speak to others while waiting or coordinate stuff outside of work. There aren't really any opportunities put in place by the company to meet your colleagues. Would recommend if you're not easily offended/embarrassed/stressed and are ok with no benefits.

Pros

Pay, flexibility

Cons

No benefits, sometimes no lunch break, management, sometimes stressful work environment

A great company to work with

I have been working with SOSi for the past few years. They are very efficient and take care of your needs. The coordinators and the managers are responsive and they give you due respect. I never had any problem with any employee of the company. They also give you some raise when you renew your contract. Professional ethics is good overall.

Pros

You can accept or reject assignments at your will.

Cons

No retirement or health benefits. The work flow is unpredictable.

It’s a tribe mentality with select favored staff starting with the VP that oversees subcontracts and

Backstabbing, lack of ethics, lies, angry temperament, poor communication, control addict but complains about her workload. Stay away from this company to keep your integrity. She has staff that have known her for years and she covers their backs as long as they continue to do her bidding.

Pros

Commute

Cons

Poor unethical management. Cliches.

Good heart

Good intensions. Good leadership. Questionable partnerships but solid leaders. I wish them success in the future. I wished the contract was still with them

SOSi has little respect for their employees or stated work values

SOSi absorbed my company, and I stayed for 3 years despite never getting pay increases with my certifications and advancement, bad changes to management, and being discriminated against in the workplace.

Pros

Salaried employees can flex their hours which is good if you have other obligations (kids, appointments, etc.)

Cons

No pay increases, no female advancement, lack of care for sexist work culture, lack of guidance and career advancement, managers who are not leaders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOSi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss