Sotheby’s Employee Reviews

Overwrought chaos
Registrar (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2018
Unless you want to walk into a job that features non-stop stress and mandatory overtime, do not work at Sotheby's. I worked in the CR department, and the art flew by, hundreds of objects a day, without stopping. The place is chaotic, staffed mostly by people under 30 with little or no previous job experience in the arts, and as people are promoted, their work hours increase exponentially. I spoke to many people there who were working 65-80 hours per week. The manager in the department was fine, but upper management is clueless about what goes on. There are many, many temps and contract workers, as people quit very regularly, so there is a great deal of confusion about how the work is to be done.
Pros
the pay is decent
Cons
breakneck pace
Wonderful place to work.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West SussexAugust 13, 2017
Management was kind, understanding, and fair. I left due to relocation. The workplace culture was very positive. The hardest part of my job was pre-review days. Staging for viewing items on auction was extremely important.
Cons
Nothing negitive about working for this Company.
Great group of people to work with
Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2017
As a freelancer, I had no trouble easing into the work at Sotheby's. My colleagues were all very friendly and easy to work with and I learned a lot of things from my managers in the months that I worked there.

Everyone at Sotheby's is very professional and hard working and it was a pleasure working with such a great team of people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
ome late nights
Standard in real estate
Licensed Realtor (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, NJOctober 7, 2016
Sothebys name speaks for itself. A company that prides itself in the highest standard of service. When someone is looking to start there future memories they look to a company to put them in the best place possible. The personal connection you get from Sothebys sets you up not only with your new home but with a clean fresh canvas to create a brilliant bright work of art which will showcase your memories.
Productive and fun place to work
Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers. Management was also very helpful at this company.