SoulCycle Employee Reviews

Cleaning Training Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2019
Soul cycle was a fun place to work. Nice customers and benefits of being able to ride for free. I was able to visit other locations in the area and work with different groups.
FUN place to work!
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2019
I have loved working at SoulCycle! The people they hire are amazing, upbeat, and all around great people. The instructors are great and the management I had was amazing.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great pay for PT work
Cons
Some PT employees can be lazy
great
Porter (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 9, 2019
a great place to work a great environment . The classes are great i recommend everyone go give SOUL CYCLE a chance.. there really is no hard part to the job u just have to love people & smile make them feel just as if u wanted to be treated.. i loved it all complete team work.. clean & very neat environment
White and Preppy
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2019
I was a cleaner. The White preppy NYU girls who worked here as front desk acted like they were MY boss. A major in Theater is the reason why you work here sweetie.
Pros
grapefruit scent
Cons
Clique, Elitist, Part time only
A really fun place to work!
Front Desk Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Upper East Side, NYMarch 5, 2019
I really LOVED my time working at the Front Desk at Soulcycle. This is where I met many of my best friends, my team all really cared about each other. Work comes in quick 30 minute bursts in between classes where you handle many customers in a really fast paced environment, out of that time managers really let you eat or relax once all the work is done.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
Minimum wage pay
Interesting Place to Work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2019
A typical day at Soul is wildly inconsistent, they often start exceptionally early, think 5am. The shifts are short to avoiding giving proper breaks and they severely restrict the number of hours eligible to work during the week. More than anything they need to evaluate studio culture, it appears loving and like a family, but actually this is not at all true. The culture at Soul demands that employees also be customers of the product, which is fine, except that it is not possible to do this unless you are from a family that is likely higher than middle income. Beyond that, they do not give clear access to HR personnel and the do not respect religious holidays as the law demands.
Pros
Free SoulCycle
Cons
Cooperate Culture, Inconsistent Hours
Good place to work for college student
Senior Key Holder (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 16, 2019
There are many perks to working at SoulCycle, like getting to ride for free and other fitness classes, however, the pay is minimum wage, and it can be a very stressful environment at times.
Fun environment
Assistant Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Tribeca, NYFebruary 12, 2019
SoulCycle has a number of kinks to work out on a corporate level. That said, they are very supportive when it comes to personal and professional growth of their current employees.
Fun environment to just get your feet wet in the job market
Assistant Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2019
Soul is great to start with. Long term is not so great. Promotions and jobs are very much based on favoritisms and who knows who. Free classes is a great perk but doesn't balance with the low pay.
Pros
Free Class, Flexible Hours
Cons
Low Pay, No movement, Very "clique-y"
Work Environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 7, 2019
The SoulCycle community is one of which you will probably not find again in life. I have made some of the best friends through that company, and for that- I'm forever grateful!
Productive and fun
Cleaning Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2019
Favorite job of all time you get to do what you want as long as you’re working and doing what the manager tells you to do. You can even make you’re own schedule.
Pros
Free water the staff friendly customers are extremely excellent
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun company, horrible leadership.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Its a fun place to work but the leadership will let you down. Bad mangers will get promoted, while good mangers are sent to bad locations to die. You always have to be looking over your shoulder.
Pros
Perks, fun
Cons
bad hours, bad leadership.
N/a
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJanuary 13, 2019
Major cleaning all day everyday, non stop working. if you worked a double you will get a 30 minutes break. you must clock in ever day with your own code that is giving to you. you also must clock out when you shift is over.
Amazing!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJanuary 5, 2019
I loved working for SoulCycle! I learned a lot about customer service and gained a lot of knowledge about teamwork! We all worked together ans became friends!
Mediocre
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Not much to say, its a job, you work, get paid, not the best place to work at but its something. The staff is very separated from front desk and cleaning staff and it does show some sort of classism.
Fun place to work but lack of opportunities
Key Holder, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYNovember 26, 2018
I worked at SoulCycle part-time for nearly 2 years. It was a fun place to work with a fairly flexible scheduling policy, but the career advancement was very poor.
Pros
unlimited free classes, relaxed environment
Cons
poor pay, no career advancement
Productive and Amazing
Cleaning Staff (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 13, 2018
I love this company, everyone is so positive and amazing to work with. I would definitely encourage anyone to apply. As cleaning staff you either work in the morning or in the evening. You go in, check the clipboard checklist and complete all of your cleaning duties independently.
Cons
It's super part time.
Hands on front desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2018
Working at SoulCycle gave me the chance to work in an environment, where I was active at all time not only being at the front desk, but also pick up tasks among the studio that gave me enough experience to build my customer service.
Great place to work!
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2018
Fun work environment! Great employees and management. Keeps you healthy and taught me a lot about customer service! The level of customer care they expect here exceeds any other place I've worked and I really learned a lot.
Best job ever
Front Desk Staff/Educator (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CASeptember 25, 2018
I learned so much from working here. It is so fun and you meet so many great people. It is fast paced and you have to be great with communication. I encourage anyone to apply!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoulCycle. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight