Sound Family Medicine Employee Reviews

Go work at Multicare
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  BonneylakeJune 25, 2018
Management was truly the worst. The upper management treated all the employees as if they didn't matter. The "reward" for being an outstanding employee was a can of soda and a rubber ducky. The CEO is home grown and dresses in skin tight clothing but holds the staff to a higher level, it's hard to respect the CEO after finding out she had relations with her staff. The pay is ok but not great. The nurses are all gossipers about each other and there is always drama in every clinic. Our manager takes credit for work his staff does and doesn't share the limelight.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Too many to list
Patient Account Representative
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 25, 2018
My interview was great but my first day of training was horrible. My training was unorganized because they didn’t train me for the position I was hired for. I was in a training class with Medical assistants. The next week I went to different clinics to assist with the front desk. My job title was a “patient Account Representative.” My “mentor” was there for about 16 years and did not train me well at all. Co workers weren’t friendly at all and expected me to know everything. Long story start I quit because of the work environment.
Cons
Employee appreciation is important at sound family medicine.
CMA (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 17, 2018
Being in this industry for over 20 plus years. This is the first private practice I have worked for. The care they take in everything from the employees to patients, providers and community it's amazing to see and be apart of. I feel appreciated. I feel like I am making a difference. But so important to me I feel respected.. very competipay scale fair vacation and sick leave good benefits... highly recommend this employer!!
Pros
Everyone is important part of the team
Cons
I can't think of any
Difficult environment if unfamiliar with medical field
Payment Poster/ Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 28, 2017
Very difficult coming from a corporate culture to a business office structure. I had to file multiple complaints against my supervisor for abusing her authority to block vacation time, or time off requests. I ultimately left because of management and the way they treated the staff, I took a position at a different company. Even my exit interview was incomplete. They don't care about the mistakes they are making, they just care about profits, and keeping the patients flowing.
Growing Independent Medical Practice
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 10, 2017
Sound Family Medicine is an exciting and fast growing medical practice! One of the things I enjoy the most about working there is seeing the care that we provide to our patients and the impact we make on the community. SFM does a great job of bringing people onto the team that truly care about patient care. Not only do they provide great care to their patients, but they also care about their employees. They have employee appreciation events throughout the year for their staff and get involved with community events as well. They do a great job with the training they provide for new employees and really invest in their staff. Management is also very approachable and supportive. It's a fun place to learn and work.
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bonney Lake, WASeptember 6, 2017
I did my externship with Sound Family Medicine in their Bonney Lake location and I enjoyed my time there. It is fast paced but everyone is extremely helpful with whatever you may need and you can always ask questions.
fast pace always something to do
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 4, 2017
My experience has been good just not really competitive with wages. unless you get hired on after working medical assistant prior to their company then your in luck.
Good Experience Growing with SFM
Manager (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 17, 2017
Innovative and passionate group who truly cares about their patients and community. My role is rewarding, enjoyable and presents new opportunities to learn and grow yet I still find a good work/life balance. Management is approachable and has become much more sophisticated in recent years. I can feel a lot of good momentum building as the organization gets more focused and patient-centered.
Pros
privately owned, innovative, cares about patients and staff
Cons
lack of timely communications at times
Still having growing pains
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bonney Lake, WAMay 31, 2017
Management is still changing and does so with little to no notice to affected staff. The main complaints from staff are: low pay, no communication from management, big announcements of plans that don't happen, managers that take credit for work they didn't do, CEO works remotely so she isn't there and is rarely seen, most feel deflated and overworked and under-appreciated. The "reward" for being excellent is usually a thank you note and a soda or candy bar. Time off is watched and tracked. People get fired for taking unscheduled time off for sick leave.

For management, there is little to no team building. As an MA, there is no growth opportunity and depending what clinic you work at, the culture is very different. Some clinical managers know what they are doing and some have no clue.

On the positive side, most of the management really want to see the company improve and have solid ideas. If they can figure out how to implement them and stick to their plans, the company will improve as morale improves.
Pros
Free lunches-sometimes, easy to get hired
Cons
poor management, poor communication, very low morale, lots of gossip, MAs and clinical staff stab each other is the back
Management lacks integrity and vision
Administration (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 4, 2017
There is no clearly defined strategy and vision for the company's future. Management and supervisory staff lack integrity and honesty. Bullying of employees by upper and middle management is allowed, with no consequences. Although Human Resources is very aware of the situation, there is a no followthrough to correct the problems. Turnover is extremely high compared to the industry. There is a concerted effort to purge high-performing, knowledgable employees. The work environment in the administrative and business offices is toxic.
Pros
Cons
Bullying by CEO, management, and supervisory staff is allowed, hard-working and high-performing employees are targeted for termination
Too much negativity
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Hartland, Bonney Lake, SunriseSeptember 18, 2016
So much negative talk in all the clinics and business office. Nobody likes what is going on in Administration. Constant turnover. They like to cut corners and have clinical staff doing things they shouldn't be doing, out of their scope of practice, and against Washington State regulations. Very stressful place to work. We've given up on notifying HR about all the issues since they don't do anything about it anyway.
They try to say it's the "older staff" that are complaining but even new staff pick up on the issues right away.

After many years with a useless Clinical Manager, we were hoping to see some good changes with the new Manager, but not so far. I left to work for a more positive company. My life is stress-free now!
Sad, because there really are some great doctors there. They just don't know what's going on in their own company. They just let the under-educated CEO and a witch of a Business Office Manager run the place.
Pros
Some great Doctors/PA/ARNPs
Cons
Terrible management, negative environment all around
don't work here
CMA (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 17, 2016
FAVORITISM... The management team is scared of some of their supervisors, MA's are expandable, if you have a problem with your supervisor, the management team will take their side even if they are wrong. Half of those so-called supervisors don't know half of what the MA's know. If you do a good job they make sure you are treated like the red-headed stepchild, they have a lot of favorites there depending on the location. Underpaid, just please if you value your work or your certification don't work here, there are better places to work than this so-called company.
Pros
Some providers and some staff
Cons
The whole management team starting with the ceo
fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 12, 2016
the staff and management were great during my 2 years there, learned a lot from everyone, just no room for advancement. During my last few months I was able to run the onsite lab, learned a new lab program within a week of it being introduced to us.
Pros
fast pace enviroment
Cons
no room for growth
would not recommend
Provider (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 5, 2016
Overall, this place is pretty terrible. Staff turnover in all departments is extremely high. They hire staff right out of school and then expect them to function like a seasoned pro. They play favorites on all levels (management, provider, supervisors, MA, etc). It's all about the money going in their pocket. Every provider is paid very differently (base salary and production bonuses) and there does seem to be an obvious gender gap. If you're healthy and single, health benefits are just fine but if you are counting on these for your family, monthly cost is very high. They will never give you a raise. If you request one, be prepared to have to fight for it and be treated like dirt.

There are constant whispers around the office about how corrupt this company is.... it's a very negative work environment.
Good outpatient experience
Office Manager, CMA (Former Employee) –  Wading River, NYJune 17, 2016
Started career here from MA to RN. First management job. Hired and fired, worked autonomously with room to grow. Left when I became over qualified fro the position.
Pros
pharma lunches
Cons
working with back stabbing women
Warning!!dont work there!!
CMA (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 1, 2016
Worked there for two years, they will target you and bully you if you do a great job instead of praising you. There is literally no room for advancement, pay is very underpaid, hours are terrible, they allow staff to bully each other and makes for a very hostile work environment. If they see that you are happy, they will make sure that they wipe the smile off your face. I am not a disgruntled employee, but the better you do there, the worse they treat you.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Micromanaging, terrible pay, hostile work environment
ok place to work
Medical Assistant/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 9, 2015
only downside is their pay and management, otherwise great place to work for a Medical assistant who is just starting in the field. NOT for an experienced MA
Pros
patients, co-workers, free lunches
Cons
Pay sucks
Great learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 13, 2015
Was a very fast paced environment with many tasks to be completed with each patient. Many different jobs functions were available.
Ok place to work for beginners in the medical field
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 7, 2015
Ok place to work, they don't really take care of their employees when it comes to benefits and raises. New people are being hired on at a much higher pay than the employees that have been there several years.
externship
Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 10, 2014
this was an externship. I learned many things while I was shadowing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sound Family Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6