Sound Physicians Employee Reviews

Poor Management/Played Favorites
Hospitalist RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2018
I thought this company was the real deal but that changed quickly. Management thinks very highly of themselves but shows favoritism, acts very unprofessional. Had a co-worker that was a jealous bully and would stab me in the back every chance she got! Everyone in the office could see it. I went to my manager and chief hospitalist many times but it did no good! The pay was good but no amount of money could keep me working with her and my so-called manager! Would NOT recommend anyone to work here!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, favoritism
not a niece company to work for
Hospitallst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2018
see above not a niece place to work for
staff not very niece.
will ask to do more and more for less
staff not happy.
no vacation days
always understaffed
uses prn staff all the time
ok place to work
MEDICAL CODING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 29, 2018
Sound Physicians was a good opportunity for me to learn new coding skills. Great people to work with. Manager was fair and concerned for her employees
Very collaborative. Work environment is wonderful
Hospital Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 15, 2018
I love my job however we are looking to relocate to the Sacramento area. The group of doctors are excellent to work with we all work together as a team.
Starts out good, no support
Transitional Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 25, 2018
Beware!
Sound Physicians fly's you to Foundations you are made to believe that they support you. However, down in the trenches you are left too figure it all out on your own feeling alone. What makes it worst if your co-worker wants to see you fail and is not a team player.
I was bullied by another employee for over a year and they did NOT have my back. I came to sound so positive I really liked my manager, what my job stood for. However no one would stand up to the employee bullying me. In the end I emotionally could not take it anymore and was forced to leave my dream job.
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
No support
Overall Positive
Clinical Performance Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2018
A typical day at work is hard to describe as you make your own day. The company does set you up for success with on boarding, and continuous education. There is also a structured mentor ship program. Close collaboration with the Chief and hospital partners. Relationship development and management is key. The main con to the job is lack of advancement opportunities, and high benefit cost.
Would not recommend
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 16, 2018
Management does not listen to concerns. No career advancement. Over worked and under paid. Heavy on temps but high turnover so consistently training new staff.
Pros
Work schedule and PTO
Cons
Management, no career advancement, no work/life balance
No growth
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 14, 2018
While a nice salary is offered it is overall not a company that is APP friendly. Communication is not offered across the board and the use of APPs is not very productive. Not the best place to learn or grow as you are limited in your role and scope.
An Organization that truly lives their Mission
Director of Recruiting (Former Employee) –  MidwestJuly 11, 2018
I had worked at Sound Physicians for 8 years and loved my job, the colleagues I worked with, the supervisors, and all those I came in contact with on a daily basis.
Prior to Sound I had never worked for an organization that truly lived their Mission, Vision, and Values the way Sound does. They had annual awards surrounding each value and recognized someone that embodied that specific trait that year.
I truly miss everyone I had the pleasure of working with at Sound.
IF you are reading this deciding on whether to join this organization or not.....do yourself a favor and JOIN.
Pros
Team Environment; Culture; Autonomy
Was promised an FTE job then to only be let go after 2 yrs no notice!
Large Physician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 9, 2018
Do not suggest working there. The structure constantly changes I had 5 managers in less than 2 years. At one point my manager I had did not even know that my coworker was not doing any work for almost a year let alone even attending work and he was paid all the while.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 16, 2018
As an intern you are given projects to complete that others could not get to. Ability to work on high level projects. It was a great new experience for me. I was able to work with a great mentor.
Pros
flexible schedule, great mentor, culture
Cons
No permanent position available so my internship continued. It seemed to be cheap labor for Sound.
No room to grow
Payer Credentialing and Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 8, 2018
Sound is a good company, but needs to be more community friendly. The company does not participate in any off work activities, with the exception of a once a year Nashville Sounds baseball game. Owner only participates in the 401k one time a year and only after you have been with the company a 1 1/2 years, Co-workers are what keeps people coming back. Moving up in the company is very hard when people are hired from outside the company to take the lead rolls. No time for teaching others how to move up when the employees are over worked. EOE is not followed and certain sections of the departments will only hire women. In the 3 years I was there only one man was directly hired and that was the Directors husband.
Pros
Co workers make the day better.
Cons
No room for moving up. Only lateral
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 5, 2018
Excellent work experience. Suppportive to employees needs. Many ways to grow with company. Locations all through United States. Work independly with suppport from management.
very poor management and unethical onsite management
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Gulf regionJune 2, 2018
The company itself seems to have good core value and vision. But with multi level leaders, management on site becomes very poor. Not sure, upper level leaders do not know or just ignore to find out the actual situations onsite. They should not just listen from onsite leadership team only. They should ask feedback from actual working physicians in team,coordinator etc. And we did not see that even though there has been obvious situations due to lack of leadership reliability, unethical status, being unprofessional, dishonesty and not even good as colleague. Can you imagine that kind of leader onsite is grading you while upper level leadership did not even ask actual working team to see what is going on? Well, if there is no hope for improvement, good physicians who were dedicated when they joined the company , have to move on. In the beginning,I was hopeful that upper level leadership will try their best to find out. However, even after they know that, they do nothing. Unfortunately, because of onsite immediate leadership lack of skills and other factors, Company lose good providers. However, by seeing the situation that upper level leadership doing nothing, it seems like the company is ok to lose good physicians rather than investigating for the facts. Interesting thing is there is no way actual working physicians team can give feedback to the onsite leadership? Just hopeless to continue enjoying for what you do..... Working environment becomes toxic environment.
Nonetheless, to point out positive from job, i met a lot of good people too as a team. While enjoying my work
  more... in contact with patients and other multidisciplinary team, I also learnt that one bad leader who is non reliable ,dishonest and non competent as leader, can drive good team away.... If upper level sound team can truly look into this, the core value of the company will be intact and be trusted by working team again.  less
Pros
as a job
Cons
very poor onsite management and higher management ignoring the fact
Fun place to work; Management a little shakey
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 26, 2018
It is a small company, so some of their values are in a state of disarray. Overall the company is very fun and located in a beautiful area, however, as with most small companies that are flourishing; the management is a little unorganized.
Pros
Great work environment, Beautiful location
Cons
Not the best management team
This is a place to work only if u have no other offers
Avoid this underhanded company (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLMay 25, 2018
U r getting used to make them big money while u may get a bonus if u upcode all of ur patients. Don’t do it. They were accused of Medicare fraud and had to pay back $14M. The management is phony. They are taking advantage of u. Read these reviews. It’s the real culture not the fake PR u will experience. They are dirty and in bed w hospitals to pressure u to discharge discharge discharge so the hospital will make big money. This is why Sound bills ur encounter AND gets paid a BIG “management” fee every month. Don’t be their fool. Have enough integrity and self respect to find a good job with long term prospects. This place doesn’t even give sick days or vacation. U will leave in 18 months tops. Just don’t do it. They’re in essence jeopardizeinh ur medical license and subjecting u to Medicare punishment if u upcode as they teach u to do. AVOID THEM THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A HICCUP FOR A TRUE CAREER
Pros
Cons
Over worked under paid no vacation or sick leave nasty underhanded management
Started out as a fun place to work.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 22, 2018
The culture has totally went down. Everybody walks around the office looking stressed out!! The management is terrible and they most definitely play favorites. Even when you go to them to complain about a problem nothing gets done about it if that person is part of “the click”. Employees are over worked and under paid!! The relaxed environment is great but not worth all of the stress and drama.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
High workload, low pay, not appreciative of their employees
The bottom line is what is most important here
Compliance team member (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of a workday at Sound are my colleagues.
Hardest part of the position is dealing with persons who do not pay attention to detail.
The Culture at Sound is drama, drama, and more drama. HR tries to make it fun for holidays and competitions, but it would be nicer to see that you're valued in your compensation.
You are always on a need to know basis with management, unless you're lucky to have someone who is upfront.
There is not a typical day at Sound, each day is different dependent upon the needs of the client, which can be very hectic.
Pros
Nice holiday events, continued education courses for business & clinical colleagues, great people.
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive, raises are once in a blue moon, poor leadership, grew too fast without direction.
Great Experience
Healthcare Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 22, 2018
I had a great working experience at Sound. It was very, very stressful at times but we got through it. I hear management has changed and things are very different now, but when I was there, I loved it.
Excellent place to grow and excel
Hospitalist RN (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GA 30274April 12, 2018
Excellent place to grow and excel as a professional. Management supports and encourages employees to grow and advance. The company invests time and money into their employees which encourages the employee to always do their best for the company.
I learned performance management and how an organization can progress when goals are reciprocated.
Pros
Excellent place to grow professionally
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sound Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight