Sound Physicians Employee Reviews

Terrible Such Immoral Organization Run Healthcare
Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  Several LocationsFebruary 10, 2019
Lucky if work as secretory or care coordinator. Welcome to bad luck if employed as hospitalist. Working with them is self invitation to self disrespect.
Pros
No matter how bad your credentials are, you can get job
Cons
As professional healthcare provider, this organization is a disgrace
Not much career guidance in place
Clinical Performance Nurse (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 14, 2018
When I joined the company, I was paired with a nurse in the same position with experience for about two weeks. Even after my initial orientation with her, she really went out of her way over the months to make sure I understood the job and was progressing. Because the regional managers have multiple sites in different states, it makes it difficult for them to really give new nurses/employees the time they need to master the job. So if you did not have a good work buddy in another site with some good experience, you are pretty much set up for failure.
Yes we did attend Foundations as new hires, but the concepts were so abstract and not much coaching occurred there. I think I even came out more confused from that training than i originally was. Then I was paired with a mentor who was also awesome, and she could be reached for guidance at anytime.... She also tried her best to make sure I understood the process but alas, she was also out of town in another state.

The main challenge for me though in this company was that employees were not held accountable for their actions and even when issues were brought up with management, nothing was ever done about it to improve the process. As the Clinical Performance Nurse, I also ended up working as the only resource person for the company at my hospital site, the office manager, front desk person, IT person (fixing printers, phones, changing toners), pulling trash, keeping track of physicians who did not make it to work and finding replacements...the list goes on. I ended up being the Jack of all the trades, with my main focus working
  more... as a CPN lacking.

Every company has its shortcomings and I would have stayed if I did not have to do all those other extra work (which I did not even get paid for). Even after bringing it up with management several times, and also from other nurses and nothing was ever done to rectify the problems, I knew I just had to find myself work elsewhere where i would get that job satisfaction, and not end up being burned out as I was at SOUND.
Pros
You are not micro managed
Cons
Do so much out of your job description
Advance Customer Service a typical day at work management . It was a please working with Sound Physician, I enjoy doing follow up and experience work
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 7, 2018
Advance Customer Service
a typical day at work
management .
It was a please working with Sound Physician, I enjoy doing follow up and experience working with the client and follow up
Long on vision, short on delivery
MD (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 16, 2018
I joined Sound from a hospital employed group based on their industry reputation. They tell a good story but are far more preoccupied with selling their cost to the hospital then supporting doctors and patients. Just one docs opinion I headed back to a hospital employed
Company mission with great intentions, nice group of people to work with.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 22, 2018
The company has great intentions and has grown very quickly in the last 4-5 years. They are working hard to implement tools and processes for better efficiency.
Pros
Career paths for clinical providers looking for an opportunity for upward mobility, performance models to benchmark clinical results for ongoing continuous improvement
Cons
More focus on business colleague development and work life balance, clinical providers at certain sites with high patient loads
Poor Management/Played Favorites
Hospitalist RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2018
I thought this company was the real deal but that changed quickly. Management thinks very highly of themselves but shows favoritism, acts very unprofessional. Had a co-worker that was a jealous bully and would stab me in the back every chance she got! Everyone in the office could see it. I went to my manager and chief hospitalist many times but it did no good! The pay was good but no amount of money could keep me working with her and my so-called manager! Would NOT recommend anyone to work here!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, favoritism
not a niece company to work for
Hospitallst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2018
see above not a niece place to work for
staff not very niece.
will ask to do more and more for less
staff not happy.
no vacation days
always understaffed
uses prn staff all the time
People were amazing to work with.
Regional Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98402September 5, 2018
The training was less than desired. There were many gaps in the expectations and actual job/description. The other co-workers were great to work with. A large disconnect between the office and at home staff.
ok place to work
MEDICAL CODING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 29, 2018
Sound Physicians was a good opportunity for me to learn new coding skills. Great people to work with. Manager was fair and concerned for her employees
Very collaborative. Work environment is wonderful
Hospital Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 15, 2018
I love my job however we are looking to relocate to the Sacramento area. The group of doctors are excellent to work with we all work together as a team.
Starts out good, no support
Transitional Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 25, 2018
Beware!
Sound Physicians fly's you to Foundations you are made to believe that they support you. However, down in the trenches you are left too figure it all out on your own feeling alone. What makes it worst if your co-worker wants to see you fail and is not a team player.
I was bullied by another employee for over a year and they did NOT have my back. I came to sound so positive I really liked my manager, what my job stood for. However no one would stand up to the employee bullying me. In the end I emotionally could not take it anymore and was forced to leave my dream job.
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
No support
Overall Positive
Clinical Performance Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2018
A typical day at work is hard to describe as you make your own day. The company does set you up for success with on boarding, and continuous education. There is also a structured mentor ship program. Close collaboration with the Chief and hospital partners. Relationship development and management is key. The main con to the job is lack of advancement opportunities, and high benefit cost.
Would not recommend
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 16, 2018
Management does not listen to concerns. No career advancement. Over worked and under paid. Heavy on temps but high turnover so consistently training new staff.
Pros
Work schedule and PTO
Cons
Management, no career advancement, no work/life balance
No growth
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 14, 2018
While a nice salary is offered it is overall not a company that is APP friendly. Communication is not offered across the board and the use of APPs is not very productive. Not the best place to learn or grow as you are limited in your role and scope.
An Organization that truly lives their Mission
Director of Recruiting (Former Employee) –  MidwestJuly 11, 2018
I had worked at Sound Physicians for 8 years and loved my job, the colleagues I worked with, the supervisors, and all those I came in contact with on a daily basis.
Prior to Sound I had never worked for an organization that truly lived their Mission, Vision, and Values the way Sound does. They had annual awards surrounding each value and recognized someone that embodied that specific trait that year.
I truly miss everyone I had the pleasure of working with at Sound.
IF you are reading this deciding on whether to join this organization or not.....do yourself a favor and JOIN.
Pros
Team Environment; Culture; Autonomy
Was promised an FTE job then to only be let go after 2 yrs no notice!
Large Physician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 9, 2018
Do not suggest working there. The structure constantly changes I had 5 managers in less than 2 years. At one point my manager I had did not even know that my coworker was not doing any work for almost a year let alone even attending work and he was paid all the while.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 16, 2018
As an intern you are given projects to complete that others could not get to. Ability to work on high level projects. It was a great new experience for me. I was able to work with a great mentor.
Pros
flexible schedule, great mentor, culture
Cons
No permanent position available so my internship continued. It seemed to be cheap labor for Sound.
No room to grow
Payer Credentialing and Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 8, 2018
Sound is a good company, but needs to be more community friendly. The company does not participate in any off work activities, with the exception of a once a year Nashville Sounds baseball game. Owner only participates in the 401k one time a year and only after you have been with the company a 1 1/2 years, Co-workers are what keeps people coming back. Moving up in the company is very hard when people are hired from outside the company to take the lead rolls. No time for teaching others how to move up when the employees are over worked. EOE is not followed and certain sections of the departments will only hire women. In the 3 years I was there only one man was directly hired and that was the Directors husband.
Pros
Co workers make the day better.
Cons
No room for moving up. Only lateral
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 5, 2018
Excellent work experience. Suppportive to employees needs. Many ways to grow with company. Locations all through United States. Work independly with suppport from management.
very poor management and unethical onsite management
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Gulf regionJune 2, 2018
The company itself seems to have good core value and vision. But with multi level leaders, management on site becomes very poor. Not sure, upper level leaders do not know or just ignore to find out the actual situations onsite. They should not just listen from onsite leadership team only. They should ask feedback from actual working physicians in team,coordinator etc. And we did not see that even though there has been obvious situations due to lack of leadership reliability, unethical status, being unprofessional, dishonesty and not even good as colleague. Can you imagine that kind of leader onsite is grading you while upper level leadership did not even ask actual working team to see what is going on? Well, if there is no hope for improvement, good physicians who were dedicated when they joined the company , have to move on. In the beginning,I was hopeful that upper level leadership will try their best to find out. However, even after they know that, they do nothing. Unfortunately, because of onsite immediate leadership lack of skills and other factors, Company lose good providers. However, by seeing the situation that upper level leadership doing nothing, it seems like the company is ok to lose good physicians rather than investigating for the facts. Interesting thing is there is no way actual working physicians team can give feedback to the onsite leadership? Just hopeless to continue enjoying for what you do..... Working environment becomes toxic environment.
Nonetheless, to point out positive from job, i met a lot of good people too as a team. While enjoying my work
  more... in contact with patients and other multidisciplinary team, I also learnt that one bad leader who is non reliable ,dishonest and non competent as leader, can drive good team away.... If upper level sound team can truly look into this, the core value of the company will be intact and be trusted by working team again.  less
Pros
as a job
Cons
very poor onsite management and higher management ignoring the fact

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sound Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight