Sound Physicians Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Great Experience
Healthcare Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 22, 2018
I had a great working experience at Sound. It was very, very stressful at times but we got through it. I hear management has changed and things are very different now, but when I was there, I loved it.
Excellent place to grow and excel
Hospitalist RN (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GA 30274April 12, 2018
Excellent place to grow and excel as a professional. Management supports and encourages employees to grow and advance. The company invests time and money into their employees which encourages the employee to always do their best for the company.
I learned performance management and how an organization can progress when goals are reciprocated.
Pros
Excellent place to grow professionally
Cons
HRN role depends on your clinical site
Hospitalist RN (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 10, 2018
The HRN role is something that could be beneficial to the clinical site if proper management RNM was present on site, from time to time, and aided in the initiatives that we were being measured on. Often the culture was reactive instead of proactive. Training and orientation was weak, the blind leading the blind. Just a thankless job, good pay but at the end of the day there was no gratification or sense of accomplishment. This job could easily be filled by an LPN or social worker, the need for a high level RN with advanced education is a waste. Nurse manager was a discredit to the company.
Daily Procedures
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 2, 2018
All procedures are implanted without the thought or the outcome of the end result. Hate all procedures, no reason to continue to work in circles, it is like working 8 hours not having the ability to show your work,, Pulled several ways for no reason or positive results..
Pros
Dress code
Cons
No processes
A Leader in the Health Care Field
HRIS Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 29, 2018
Sound Physicians is another exciting place to work if you enjoy change and fast company growth. There was no "typical day' at work as work varied depending on project plans and decisions that had been made. Worked from home as well as on site.

Workplace culture is very much a "can-do" work environment with rapid growth and company acquisitions. A bit chaotic but employees are treated well and there is a lot of excitement and employee engagement around the company mission and goals and the growth and profit opportunities for the field and the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job was doing work I enjoyed doing and excelled at and working for a company that showed respect and had my back during a stressful period in my personal life.
It was ok
Talent Scout (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 20, 2018
My experience was ok, I did not dislike the organization, just did not think it was the best fit for me.

I think it is a great place to get your foot in the door, learn a few skills and move on. I did not see this as a long term place of employment.
Pros
Full Benefits, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Too relaxed at times
Enjoyable and Rewarding Work Environment
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 6, 2018
From the minute you accept the job offer, Sound makes you feel a part of the team. They provide many different tools and resources to help with your onboarding process, as well as answer any questions you may have to make you feel at ease in the transition of your new job.

Since I have been in the office and working, I have felt valued and my ideas are heard. It is a collaborative work environment and the members of my team are enjoyable to be with.

The organization provides many opportunities to learn and grow in your field, and they invest in their colleagues. I would highly recommend Sound Physicians to anyone looking to grow in their career.
People mean nothing to this Company
Transitional Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYFebruary 25, 2018
Sound Physicians care about one thing only. Their bottom line. Physicians are put in unsafe ziti total daily with 25+ pts a day. They will promise you bonus’ that you will never see. Drop everything and do this..... drop everything and do that..... Micro management non stop all day long. The turn over is non stop for a reason.
Pros
Cons
Management are poriah’s!
Horrible company!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 6, 2018
This is a horrible company and the management is the worst! There is no communication between managers and employees. You are thrown into your job with no training. It is sink or swim. The recruiting team is cut throat and one of their long term recruiters has a huge ego and views others as competition. There is no collaborative, team feel here. People are afraid to speak up as it is a "blame" type organization. Steer clear of this company!
Cons
Poor management, no development or training, toxic environment
Poor Management
RN Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 3, 2018
The company itself seems to care about their employees, at least in the beginning. On the regional level not so much. They do not provide their employees with the proper training. The training (minimal) that is provided on-site is done by a person who is not qualified. If you are NOT a cut throat type of person, you are set up for failure from the beginning! It is a dog eating dog culture where manipulation, back stabbing and brown nosing is in abundance. It reminds me a lot of high school, if you are not in the "cool" group then you are not liked by your manager. Favoritism shows, not handled like a business.

I enjoyed my work when I had contact with patients and other stakeholders. I worked hard to listen to their needs and make a positive impact to assist them in reaching their goals.

I learned a lot about myself and that I will not change who am I. No matter who you are or what job you perform everybody deserves respect. It is important to talk to people, not at them. Listening is imperative in order to make the communication process work. The salary was great, but there are more important things in my life than money. My compassion and empathy for others, my self-respect and happiness!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Culture, management

Want to know more about Sound Physicians?

Ask a question
Not so much
Hospitalist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Only thing good was the work life balance. Improper training. Once someone gets promoted they do not make the person stay to retrain you. It’s basically figure it out on your own.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Judgemental people
Great!
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Great company surrounded with great people! Management was awesome as were my co-workers. Very good name in the healthcare industry because they do fantastic work.
Unethical, cut-throat culture
Hospitalist RN (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 6, 2018
Unfortunately, upper management in this organization are the only ones who benefit here. Those out in the facilities doing the work that is promised through contract negotiations are the ones that will be quickly disposed of when push comes to shove. Watch your back...any ideas you may have will quickly be absorbed by your regional team and taken as their own. Work/life balance is good with the hospitalist team and hospital colleagues generally being those you work and collaborate with on the daily. If you can minimize your time with the the regional team/managers, than you may rate the job better and/or last. Just don't set your expectations too high with this one...too many others have learned the hard way.
Pros
Collaborating with everyone outside of the organization
Cons
Sound Physicians management team/executives
Upper Management Doesn't Have a Clue
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2018
Executives are still trying to run this growing company like it is a Mom & Pop business. Seems like the executives don't have a clue how to effectively make decisions and manage a larger organization even though they continue to acquire more. They need to learn from executives in larger companies.
ehh
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Training was awful.
Management is very childish and catty.
Do like the relaxed atmosphere.
I would not recommend working here.
Happy to have moved on.
Still learning how to operate
Technology Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2018
Sound Physicians seems to have issues of operating outside of good ole boy system.

If you live in Tacoma, Wa things appear to be easier, but not great.
There are many great leaders waiting to be utilized but unfortunately are being mismanaged.
Pros
Hospital medicine company
Cons
Lack of up organic growth
If you are looking for structure and good work life balance, run.....
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2017
Poor leadership and too much obstruction which hinders the ability to improve processes and plan projects. Long excessive hours, and many process are still extremely manual.
Not a people place
NP (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2017
Bad bad bad! No communication, no loyalty, absolutely horrible place to work! Have cried for months after I left! Runaway! Does not support or understand APP role!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to work
Front Desk Coordinator - Robert Half Staffing (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 30, 2017
it is a great place to work. I was a temp there and it is by far one of the best places I have temped at. I would highly recommend this company to friends.
Pros
Great Place to work
Terrible management
Coding (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 27, 2017
After working here and seeing how miserable %85 of their employees are I'm definitely considering a career change. Managers need serious training. Employees are treated unfairly, spoke down to as if you were a child, and talked badly about by managers to other coworkers. Managers walk around the office cursing and bare foot. Employees who brown nose are the only ones treated fairly. False promises are made prior to hire and never delivered. They say they like to promote from within. That only applies if you're within the managers social circle. If the managers feel you know more than they do they or if they just decide they no longer like you they will do their best to get rid of you. They have had 3 ceos in that office in less than a year
So apparently their bosses couldn't stand them either. Hopefully this most recent one has some sense and replaces those managers before they have to replace all of the employees. Normally you deal with some type of favoritism in the office, but I've never seen it be this blatant. Benefits and being able to choose your own schedule is nice. Most co workers are tolerable.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sound Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight