Sound Physicians
61Average

Sound Physicians Employee Reviews

United States132 reviews
100% Corporate. Not HealthCare
First, all companies are corporate, but they prioritize this beyond what is considered acceptable in healthcare. They underpay and underdeliver. They expect the physicians to make it work for the company while overcharging clients and underpaying the physician. Pay per shift is lower than average. I'm not sure where they get the $409k average on this site as all of my physicians make sub $300k. The regionals make about $325k. They also structure it so that you work for bonuses essentially but set up so that many are unattainable. They tied the Sepsis metric to the ED department which is also run by TeamHealth!!! Needless to say none of my docs got that portion of the bonus. Also if you leave before they give you your bonus, you can't have it. Nice because it takes them on average a year to pay out the bonuses. We are still waiting on Q3 2019!!! They just keep your bonus. It isn't even spread out among whoever stays. You know the team that made the money and business!! Medical is paid by yourself and is not even a good plan, but you can decline and get your own elsewhere. Overall they are extremely thirsty to grab hospitals and everything is corporate garbage. I had to give the same corporate presentations over the course of a week to the same C-Suite and corporate officials of the hospital system. I was told to just present it and put a spin on it. They want to keep the sites guessing so they can pocket from the contract, billing and non-paid out bonuses. Time for them to go the way of the dodo. Thankfully 1 system has already kicked them out and another huge system is looking - more...
Alot of work
It is not easy, it is alot of work. You have to be on you goes and be willing to learn and keep up. Take in everything you can and be part of the team.
Sound has been a great place to work. I have enjoyed the people I work with and can tell that people are a big focus for the organization. I've been able to see a lot of professional growth and just genuinely feel proud of where I work.
Toxic Work Environment
toxic work environment, no integrity, no support from leadership, does not lead by example, quick to judge, poor management, poor communication with team members. Leadership for this company is horrible. Very toxic people and very toxic environment. You have no voice. Your thoughts and opinions do not count. You basically are not allowed to think for yourself. Excessive amount of micromanagement. No recognition of good deeds, work, or accomplishments. No voice.
it'll pay the bills but there are much better places to work
3 month delay on paying me my signing bonus, they screwed up almost every other paycheck, always for amounts in their favor. Then they would play dumb like it was an accident even though it kept happening. Over multiple years they shorted me almost 8k on my paychecks. I left and work for a much better company now. Huge 8 month delay on yearly bonuses. Management could care less as long as they are getting paid. You are just a means to an end
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
At the site I worked it was all about the work, No concern for the provider
Work, Work, Work, called in work on off days,
No comradery

Work, Work, Work

Supposed to get 1 week paid vacation a year, I never got a vacation in 2-3 years with them. I had worked In that same ER for 10 years, prior to Sound and new staff/ management, and it was a excellent place to be and work.
Disappointing
The culture favors men and caters to the hospital and nurses regardless of the appropriateness. You are held accountable for every complaint, no matter how trivial or baseless. They could care less about their employees but treat their locums like royalty. The pay is the lowest in the area.
United Healthcare Owns Sound Physicians and it is what you would expect
A heartless, greed driven company which should not exist. How this conflict of interest is allowed to continue is astonishing. They employ the doctors, who treat their patients and it is not a conflict of interest? Oh and by the way, they force you to use their own health insurance as a physician, which is the worst insurance in the world. Do your research and be warned. Overworked, underpaid and no alternative. They rely on J1 Visa candidates to create an artificially low salary at sites. They claim to be physician led but this is completely false.
prefer not to answer
I am not able to review the company at this time. Thank you for your understanding. Most employees work on site at the Tacoma location. It is a nice location.
Exciting and challenging place to work
I enjoy the patients that come into our hospital. I also like working with all of my co-workers. We are a diverse group with a lot of talent and experience.
Run by Nurse Practitioners
Doctors beware- this is just a money making scheme-join if you want to see 40 patients a day. NPs beware, you will be left alone dealing with high volume patients on your own without physician support. Overall bad for patient care.
Cons
unethical
This is the worst company to work for as a physician.
They will abuse doctors, will not listen to them and they hire J1 visa doctors to exploit. Please DO NOT GO there. They will ask for opinions and will not respect you. Make you see 24+ patients every day.
Great Company
This was one of the best places that I have worked. I learned so much and my team was awesome to work with. I was very blessed to have one of the best managers, who helped me become successful. My time there was too short. And if they ever bring on part time nurses...I would love to join the team again.
Super exciting place to work!
A typical day in the business office consists of a "work well, rest well" culture. We work hard and we also have fun. I appreciate all the things that our leadership team has done over 2019 to bring wellness options and new experiences into our workplace. I also like that we put a focus on giving back to our community.
A great place to work
Sound physicians is a great place to work. All of my colleagues are honest, hard working people who believe in the mission of the organization. It’s hard now days to find an employer that is so welcoming.
Company allows bullying and harassment
The company has the worst on boarding and training I have ever experienced and witnessed . They turn a blind eye to bullying , and harassment .

Very disrespectful to physicians .

They want data and data only , they do not care about their employees , or patients .
critical
The management is very critical and does not know how to give proper feedback with balanced positive and negative feedback. They focus only on the negative.
Don’t do it!
While they may have fair compensation, the expectations keep climbing and are never realistic. The C-suite people in remote locations rarely visit YOUR hospital but somehow dictate how everything must be done. The leadership is embarrassingly out of touch with the reality of the job. The leadership also makes it painfully obvious that each worker is just a number to them and whenever they can take advantage of your work or money, they will do it in a heartbeat!
over work underpay
very stressful! Don't kill yourself. overwork underpay and they own you u will have to see 30-40 pts per day no time for any lunch dump work on you don't do it Honest advise
Colleagues are like family
Hard working and value driven organization. Co-workers are treated like family and great work benefits. The mission is admirable and there are great chances to work remotely.
Terrible company, beware, they own cogent too!
Terrible place to work. I worked for them on both west coast and east coast. I was a physician. Horrible management, unprofessional, higher up adminstration are nurses or people without MD degrees. If an MD happens to be charge, they have been brain washed into thinking like the corporation. They want quick admissions, even faster discharges irrespective of patient's current status. They will immerse you in meettings after meetings to discuss "outliers" if you refuse to discharge a sick patient not responding yet to treatment. This will be on top of already seeing 18/20 patients and doing 2 admissions. Most of their physicians are new graduates or physicians who need a visa. Even after I left, HR gave me no help to transfer my 401K plan, just ignored my emails. Terrible. They own COGENT as well since late 2014. They operate under different names in different states, likely because they have such a poor reputation. IF you are a US Grad, DO NOT work for these fools. Consider yourselves warned.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sound Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight