Sound Physicians

United States211 reviews

physicianhospitalleadershiporganizationprovidercolleaguepatientsupport

I had a good experience

Featured review

Sound Physicians selected this as a representative review
The company is goal focused and they pay well for the market I worked for. I was with them for 3 years and would do it again if given the chance. There good spirit and friendly environment

Pros

Good salary, benefits.

Cons

Metrics oriented can sometimes make you feel pressured

What is the best part of working at the company?Wonderful team What is the most stressful part about working at the company?They train you for success What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Like familyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Getting providers credentialed with contracted payors.

Sound Physicians insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

From Interview to Hired

I met with, and spoke to the most polite, caring, real life people. Not one person made me feel as if I didn't belong there.While in an ER, when I met a Sound Physician, I told her I was going to be starting soon with them. Explained the job title. She welcomed me to the company, and assured me, I applied for the right company.

Please don’t do it

This company is the worst place you can work at, starting from negotiating contract they will tell you they have nothing negotiable their contracts fixed and the same for all providers, not correct, all what they care for is making more money, nobody cares about patients not physicians, no sign out from MD to MD, when your site Census low, they will call you 30 min before you shift start and ask you to stay home and you don’t get paid. All management/ admin ppl lie and give false promises, you have to check your paycheck every month, you will find a mistake every month, no one will tell you how they are calculating the RVUs

Low Pay, impossible workload with no help

Do not work here. This place will have you stressed. They want you to work on big important tasks with no help, stuff that should’ve been done last year. Director is horrible

Great leadership

Great leadership team that seems invested in their employees and their happiness/success. Much more attention than is typical for groups of this size. Only good things to say.

Lots of learning opportunities

If you want to grow, Sound is the place! You have lots of opportunities which are supported by management. It can be difficult working within a corporation, but honestly, they are very interested in how they can better serve their people (within reason). I would highly recommend working with Sound in some capacity. The BEST roles are remote.

Pros

People, collaboration, performance, new growth opportunites

Cons

corporate mindset, difficult to get things done across regions

Avoid

the patient load is ridiculous alone with extra supervision of the NP's Pts, long days and hours. Ambiguous about everything related to your compensation and RVU.

Pros

Ok pay, Great physician leaders, friendly environment.

Cons

it is site dependent it varies from great to a disaster, Dishonesty of their recruiter who promises bonuses and money that you wont get, paycheck is missing money and bonuses are gone, RVU never correct and always much lower that what you earn.

Good pay and benefits

Don’t have much bad to say. Steady pay and benefits. Good management. Lot of downtime but I believe they are restructuring the business model. Probably for the best.

Terrible company

Sound physicians is a meat grinder. They pour the fresh meat grass in one end and churn and spit you out the other. They have no sense (or maybe just don’t care) about burnout. Patients get a new “provider” every day or every other day. Continuity of care means nothing to them. All that matters is discharges. They even said at a meeting (and I quote) “Doctors think their continuity of care means something, the data just doesn’t show it”

Productive and Fun place to work

Lots of great people and positive mindsets, with some room to grow. Pay is good, management is also good. Only negative is being over worked at times due to being responsible for your own files even when taking vacation or sick days with no cover. Also get put in a round robin for random sites, but you can get the hang of things just takes time to be able to manage over 100 clinicians on a daily basis weather you miss the day or not

Avoid this Company

Sound physicians only cares about making a profit at its employees and even the patient’s expense. Compensation is way below average for the rural area I live and work. Patient load is above the national average on almost a daily basis. If census drops your shifts will be cut to keep patient load high and money in Sound’s pocket. If census climbs and they can’t cover a shift you can see 24+ patients without being compensated and taking all the liability. New Graduates especially AVOID. Heavy micromanagement with weekly meetings in the middle of your day with no substance. They constantly are making mistakes in payroll and delay paying what is owed by 6 months at times and sometimes not at all. You waive your right to a trial by jury in the contract by the way. So if something were to happen unfairly you would not have the peoples vote on the matter. These people are businessmen, not real physicians. They represent all the bad in medicine and NOT all the wonderful qualities that made me apply to medical school.

Unprofessional environment/low pay/not worth the stress

Unprofessional interactions, management not completely competent in roles, low pay, poor work life balance, too many meetings without true content. Lots of talk about what should happen but no action. Will tell you what they want to portray .

Low pay high work load no benefits

Don’t expect much. Medical insurance is bare minimum. No paid time off that isn’t mandated by law. Heavy work load. Short staffed. Demanding schedule. A lot of talk no substance. Grind doesn’t come close to describing this company.

Pros

Drug rep lunches

Cons

Low pay no real benefits heavy work load

great leadership; frequently understaffed

Enjoyed working for Sound. Progressive leadership at the top levels. Local hospital leadership frequently lags or not aligned with needed staffing levels for hospitalists despite improved quality.

Pros

great leadership, great benefits

Cons

like all hospitalist groups frequently understaffed

Hospitalist

Adequate compensation and advancement opportunities . Too much bureaucracy and micromanagement . Human Resources is a nightmare . No one seems to know what the next guy is doing. Sometimes takes weeks to get a response

Work Never Ends

Pro's : Ability to work remotely is a plus! Generally everyone is accepting and nice. Con: Zero work/life balance. Your calendar is full on a weekly basis with limited time to complete action items. The expectation is to get the work done by any means necessary. If that means late nights, weekends, holidays, early mornings.

Difficult work expectations

I enjoy the flexibility of working remote however there are inadequate resources to meet my role expectations. Too much high-priority work and not enough people and/or management support.

Impossible workload

Way, way too much work for any one person to complete. Neverending. No sense of accomplishment ever. Burned out staff. Top heavy organization. Company rating and culture has deteriorated steadily over the years.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Expectations are to accept that too much work is ok.

love it

I absolutely love my job, my team & it's wonderful nurses. My chief always is available. I only wished I had applied here earlier in my career. My work environment is safe & supportive.

A very challenging place

The hospital culture does not really support the hospitalist. At the end, the turn over is extremely high and people is unhappy and demoralized. Census is extremely high.

Pros

Colleagues are like a family, very supportive.

Cons

Too much stress, work load is non manageable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sound Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Sound Physicians with

• Sound Physicians
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?