Sounds True Employee Reviews

Growing company with unique culture and mission
Operations (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 24, 2018
Best company I have worked with yet!

Why I stay?
Work life balance, 100% stands behind strong mission, fantastic genuine people, recently hiring strong hires with much needed skill sets, great content, growing quickly with many opportunities, promotes from within, strong values, cares about employees, creative and fun culture, dogs and casual dress code, allows working remotely and open minded and accepting community of people.
Pros
People, culture, mission, opportunity
Cons
Fast growth has lead to rapid changes and a fast paced environment
Confused company
Designer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, CONovember 19, 2017
The company is caught between wanting to keep its independent spirit and wanting to be corporate.

It really depends on who your manager is. If you're a part of the creative team, you work hard, are trusted, valued, and promoted. If you're on the sales/marketing team, you're working for a narcissistic abuser with a team of sycophants. If you're working for the direct team, you'll experience disorganization and high turnover.
Pros
Interesting events, dogs at work
Cons
Dysfunctional
You can wear many hats at Sounds True
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, CODecember 14, 2015
Working for an independent publishing entity that specialized in self-help and personal growth is an exciting experience in my life. Got to wear many hats and make big moves for the company's mandates and changes. Truly blessed to have worked with such amazing authors & artists each day. I miss my teammates I connected with the most. Good people find good people and I'm excited to see who is next!
Pros
Access to life changing & life saving material, knowing that consumers are living better lives from the work we did
Cons
Uncomfortable turnover rate, & many do not 'walk the walk'
Great first profession job
Financial Reporting and Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJanuary 22, 2015
Being in customer relations was a lot of hard work but very rewarding. I was a part of a team that was rebuilding the department. My days consisted of working with sales, answering customer questions, problem solving, and working with authors.

The sales team taught me time management, organization, efficiency, and how to be on a successful team.

The most enjoyable part was all the knowledge I gained.
Flexible work environment where dogs go to work with employees
Director of Sales - National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 7, 2012
Very flexible which allowed me to manage my accounts effectively.
Small company where employees wear many hats and must be adaptable.
Great relationships with buyers which has helped sales grow each year within my division.
Pros
telecommute, self-directed workload, strong product line, exceptional customer service team, relaxed environment
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities, high turnover