Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes Employee Reviews

Quick Paiste, Multiple guest interaction.
Rancho Bernardo - Service Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Work environment at souplantation is Fun, Active and need to have full energy. When a very important crew member role calls out or no show impacts a lot in the restaurant and most of the time we cant find someone to come in and will have to move people around that are crossed train. The crew enjoy working at this location because of the atmosphere and guest flow. Time fly's when really busy, lines are always out the door depending on the location and size of the dinning room
Pros
Leadership growth
Cons
very hard to call out when sick or family emergency.
Overworked Underpaid
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 1, 2019
The company simply is stuck in the stone age. The are hyper focused on things that don't matter to consumer and cause employees and management unnecessary stresses. There marketing is geared to old customers who are already loyal and but also are elderly. They need to reinvent asap and fire the 35 year plus lifers!
Pros
a Job
Cons
everything else
Terrible Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 4, 2018
This was my first job, and I can say that I was completely taken advantage of. They ask you to work long hours and make you feel bad for wanting to take your mandatory break. Managers are creepy and probably do drugs.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks, trash managers, rude custimers
Real Bad
service Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 23, 2018
I was hired as service manager with 4-6 week of training in which I did not learn nothing but frustration. when I ask question I was told to look or find the answer in the training manual. I was transferred to another location in North ridge where ther was no training the managers were very abusive and their language was vulgar even a GM at this location use F word frequently, i think it was a waste of time for me with this company,
Pros
Cons
Bad and unorganized company
Poor Management, Simple but Stressful Work
Soup Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2018
From my experience I felt as though the hard work I had consistently put in day to day at the restaurant was underappreciated, and beyond that management showed clear signs of disorganization in most regular work days. However I did enjoy the coworkers I would see everyday and the synchronicity we developed.
good work place
busboy, duties (Former Employee) –  21309 s hawthorne blvdNovember 8, 2018
It's a very good job to work there very nice customers to as well if anyone needs to work work at Souplantation its a good job the mangers treat you very well you get discount on food an stuff
Pros
discount
Cons
they make you feel welcome
hard work, great discounts
Server / Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kearny Mesa, CANovember 4, 2018
Very fast paced, stressful, hard working environment. whatever your position, you cannot slow down. If you can keep up, its ok. Especially of you can earn your way to work as a server. as a server you may receive tips and keep them if you do. anywhere from 30 to 60 in tips daily up to even 100 dollars in one night of you are lucky.
Pros
great discounts on food any time, servers keep tips
Cons
back breaking, underpaid job
Fun
LEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2018
Love working here very fast nice customers. You can easily move up from front lead to baker. You get your hours manger is pretty fair. I would recommend this job for a fresh out of high school graduates.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Breaks
Bad everything
Soups and pastas and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  City of IndustryOctober 19, 2018
I worked as a dishwasher and Soups and pastas. Management was horrible didn’t know what they are doing. Some co workers cocky. Overall I wouldn’t tell anyone to work here
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Dirty bad management cocky coworkers bad paid
Busy Day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
it was always stressful and management was never there to help or assist when it was needed the most. I would go the whole day without a break and I was not allowed to leave work until everyone finished their task.
Pros
n.a
Cons
no break, lunch.
Fast paced environment
Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CASeptember 20, 2018
A typical day at work can be slow or busy depending on the day and time. Amazing co workers and management team to work with. Busy weekends are the best to interact with guests.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Not working full time hours
Worst job I’ve ever had. Only stayed 2 weeks.
Salad attendant (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 16, 2018
Poor management/training. Employees were impatient, rude and acted superior because they’ve been working at the same location for 10+ years. Way too much work expected for one person to complete and constantly getting micromanaged for even the simplest of tasks. Instead of being told what the proper way to do something, I was berated and expected to learn something the very first time I’m told something. Management/employees alike just took the job way too seriously even though they definitely weren’t making any more money by doing so. I was poorly trained for 3 days to open which was a huge responsibility and when I showed up for my first day alone, the boss was late (which was the second time in my 2 WEEKS working there) and i was stuck outside for 20+ mins so I just quit on the spot. No surprise there’s a high turnover at this location.
Pros
$3 lunch
Cons
too much work for 1 person to do for min wage
Temporary job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 6, 2018
Souplantion should always be a temporary job. Trying to find a future there is not impossible but it’s not worth it. You do you’re best to show them you’re good at you’re job and you do every thing right. But never get the respect you deserve and never see results. Souplantion helps you get quick on you’re feet, become better at multitasking and get patients.
Pros
50% off you’re meal.
Cons
always short stuff. A lot of call offs
fresh food, fun people to work with, and learn food standards
Waitress/Cashier/Prep (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2018
A typical day at souplantation; you come clocked in and star opening your work area such as soup, salad, dinning etc. they give you about an hr to open your area and most areas you are on your own for the first couple of hrs.
Sometimes you have to prep your own food or beverages, it depends how much is left from the night before. when you have to prep a lot and you don't have enough time to open sometimes the manager comes and help you without asking, but sometimes you just have to ask for help. and most of the time they come or send someone to help you finish open.
we have to maintain our areas nice and clean as we clean tables. when we are busy we star sitting people for a better service. we have a lot of regulars that go eat there everyday. we do have fresh food there and i eat there almost everyday on my breaktime.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
no benefits
Don't know
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 27, 2018
It was a fun place to work. Great co-workers. Good customer base. Lots of business. Always had things to do to stay busy. Fast passed restaurant environment.
Exciting and fast paced environment
Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 23, 2018
Fast paced environment keeps the days going by fast. Shift are usually smooth and consistent. Co workers were great! Food is delicious. So much can be learned here.
Pros
Free drinks!
Cons
Short breaks and need longer hours
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  La Quinta, CAAugust 15, 2018
It’s a good place to work for a part time position. I tend to enjoy this entry level job. The staff are friendly and the management is very professional.
Fast paced work
Busser, Server, Cashier, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAAugust 14, 2018
I learned a lot about food safety here as it is a corporate chain.
Typically your responsibilities would be given to you at your time of clocking in and you would uphold them until the end of your shift.
Operation of cash register, cleaning the store, assisting guests, etc.
Cons
Short breaks
Active, positive, friendly
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 13, 2018
A place to improve experience and move forward to upper level of management, organized and systematic, using great applications to manage day to day restaurant operation
Worst working experience ever
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2018
Management was always sloppy and never readily available, was to blame for a lot of unfavorable criticism from guests and customers alike, were very unprofessional with scheduling work hours and replacing workers, over all a horrendous environment if one was to look for a positive working experience.