Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Enjoyed it very much but poor management

Souplantion was a great place to work at if you were on top of your game and never slacked on work. Not to many people stayed here but the ones that did held it down. Never forget my 4 years here.

Cons

No benefits

Good

Great place to work. most manager are good, we'll get one once in a while that isnt great. management is good nine times out of ten. customers are easy, due to the nature of the work

Pros

hours

Cons

pay

Chino hills is a good place to go to the gym and I

Souplantation you are having fun to watch the kids today and you watch your good nights and you have to see the movie on the phone and I have to do a little red one on my YouTube

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Free lunch with pickles

Buena

Un buen hambiente laboral.el salario como mesero es mínimo pero al recibir propinas se compensa. Al ser un restauran tipo buffet y tener un precio accesible es visitado por mucha gente diariamente. Comida Rica y saludable.

Don’t work here

this place sucks they underpay you and are rude when you’re not running around the place trying to get everything to standard. this job is no where near minimum wage worthy. just apply elsewhere and save yourself a lot of money and energy.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Its okay

The $3.00 for our meal is pretty cool. They expect to much for the low pay we get. Training isnt that great either. You dont always get to do the position you apply for.

High stress low quality of life

The job isn’t difficult, but the work life balance was awful. Upper management was pretty much all laid off/fired or quit. No raise for five years. They kept wanting more and more without giving any compensation.

Souplantations restaurants very busy, running successful shifts are satisfying.

Souplantations busy fun enjoyed running successful shifts. Typical day challenges with staffing being short handed or inexperienced team member in positions was the hardest part of the job. Workplace culture on shift management very good when having time to complete checklist from opening to closing. What I learned is staffing with properly trained team members that enjoy working for you and feel appreciated is important for success of restaurant.

Pros

Salary & Benefits

Cons

Heavy workload, time restraints, staffing challenges

I enjoyed working there.the guests were friendly as well as my fellow co workers.

I enjoyed it,meet Alot of new friends who I'm still in contact with.I performed want ever task I was involved or asked to be involved in.I worked flexible hours.I also was able to help people get a job opportunity as well.very good place to work.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Some times not a steady schedule

Can be stressful at times depending on how busy it gets.

This is a place where the customers are regulars and the job can seem to become very repetitive after a while, but the co-workers are in my opinion the best part about this job.

Pros

You don't have to pay for food when you go on break, you also pay a lot less than what the normal customers pay.

Cons

Very rigid work hours that only include ealry morning, afternoon, and evening shifts.

Bad work environment

The work environment was very lackluster and the management was cutting hours for a higher bonus. They would hire new people and people who had been there longer go no workplace advancement. The area was ridden with rust and we had leaky pipes for 3 weeks before they were fixed and a cockroach infestation.

Pros

Free food

Cons

No benefits, bad work envirnment

very productive

We had an organized schedule to where it can be flexible. There we time where there was not enough seating and our customers were a little upset but with the help with the managers, we fixed the situation.

Pros

discount

Cons

short breaks

Terrible Management

This was my first job, and I can say that I was completely taken advantage of. They ask you to work long hours and make you feel bad for wanting to take your mandatory break. Managers are creepy and probably do drugs.

Pros

free food

Cons

no breaks, trash managers, rude custimers

fresh food, fun people to work with, and learn food standards

A typical day at souplantation; you come clocked in and star opening your work area such as soup, salad, dinning etc. they give you about an hr to open your area and most areas you are on your own for the first couple of hrs. Sometimes you have to prep your own food or beverages, it depends how much is left from the night before. when you have to prep a lot and you don't have enough time to open sometimes the manager comes and help you without asking, but sometimes you just have to ask for help. and most of the time they come or send someone to help you finish open. we have to maintain our areas nice and clean as we clean tables. when we are busy we star sitting people for a better service. we have a lot of regulars that go eat there everyday. we do have fresh food there and i eat there almost everyday on my breaktime.

Pros

discounts on food

Cons

no benefits

Exciting and fast paced environment

Fast paced environment keeps the days going by fast. Shift are usually smooth and consistent. Co workers were great! Food is delicious. So much can be learned here.

Pros

Free drinks!

Cons

Short breaks and need longer hours

There are no benefits to working here

It was great at first until you start working on weekend morning. and sometimes it is just too stressful to even finish your portion of the job as a salad bar attendant, and you get paid the same for overtime and the same hourly pay on holidays...so there is no benefits here.

Pros

I guess the only thing is free lunch

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, no vacation pay

Stressful but challenging

It is a stressful but challenging environment. Good coworkers, Good management. Gets Busy. Good food. Would recommend for a first job. Would not stay longer than a year.

May be hard at first but soon will get hang of it

Great first job for minors the pay is good and could ask for more hours. Plus they give a discount on the food when you go eat at the restaurant with another guest. The staff is really friendly.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Healthcare

Productive, and clean environment.

Staff easy to work with on a daily basis. Healthy menu. Sanitary work environment. Flexible hours. Opportunities to grow, career wise. Clear on goal for each month. Easy access to menu’s ingredients.

Pros

Free lunch.

Cons

Short hours.

Would Not Recommend

This job is so stressful, its not as hard as you think. We don't get any PTO, and the way employees are compensated is trash. There were employees who have been there for more than 10 years, who still get paid minimum. They need to do something about that. Also, managers need to explain and train people more in detail.

Pros

its a job, you work hard you get paid for what you do

Cons

management, fast placed during peak hours

Excellent

Great place to work. Love the people and the work environment. We are provided with free meals. My supervisor is an awesome person to work for. The work is manageable.

Pros

Free meals every month

Cons

benefits aren't that great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes