Source Medical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Flexible Work Hours!
AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 14, 2018
The ability to work from home and work any days or hours per week as long as you work 40 hours, is a huge plus. The management is tough and rules are not the same for everyone. As long as you work remotely and do a good job, there is limited contact with management. The job is brutal if you work on-site.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Very poor managment
Good place to be
Coding Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 9, 2018
I interned here for 2 months while I was finishing my HIM degree. This is a really good place to work. No one ever leaves so it's really hard to get in. The hours are super flexible. Management was great too. I am still waiting for an opening so I can get in at this place.
Pros
management, hours, pay
Cons
No one ever leaves so it's hard to get in
A company with good benefit
Software Architect / DBA (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 25, 2018
I worked in source medical for over 6 years. The company provides me lots of sick leave hours, 4 weeks of vacation, health insurance, and life insurance. The salary is fair. I really like the place. The only reason I leave is that my division got sold out.
Not a bad interim place to work
QA Analyst, CTFL (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 11, 2018
The people are fun and knowledgeable. The insurance premiums were extremely low, and so was the 401k match. Location was good, providing a short commute time (mostly highway).

Work hour expectations, like many corporate jobs, averaged 40 with periods of increased need for overtime. Recognition of individual contributions was lacking, and there wasn't much room for internal growth. Working remotely was not common.

Overall, Source Medical Solutions was a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Low insurance premiums, low-key, good people
Cons
Limited options for working remotely, low 401k match
Excellent work-life balnce
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 9, 2017
Had an excellent oppurtunity to work for this company and have thoughroughly enjoyed working as there was a lot to learn and implement and excellent work-life balance.Learnings from this company were very helpfull in understanding the domain at a bigger picture.
Great place to work but no longer in business
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FLNovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working for Source Medical and would still be working for the company if they had not been acquired by our competitor. Majority of the staff was laid off due to acquisition.
Pros
Worked Remotely
Cons
No day to day interaction with co-workers
Not a great place
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 28, 2017
This place wold have been ok if the management had been fair. They had people they liked and didn't. If you weren't liked, you were targeted. It created a stressful work environment.
Pros
Quiet data entry
company is closed down
Insurance Verification, Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 28, 2017
I was laid off because they were outsourcing jobs to India. Well the company is now closed, because they lost all the accounts they had. Apparently outsourcing did not work.
DIRECTOR OF DATA SERVICES, (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 18, 2017
They game a lot of Advancement Opportunities and I enjoyed my time there. There was lot challenges but it was a good company to work for. They are based in Al.
productive company
Payment Poster Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 9, 2017
stable secure environment, great people, management is great. great benefits and compensation. great team work with co-workers and management.
Pros
great benefits more to grow
Cons
no remote oppertunity while i was the working but, they do offer this now
Great co workers.
Account Executive - remote employee (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 3, 2016
Flooded middle management, lots of chiefs , very poor on boarding . Older looking software inhibited new interest from clinics.
This is a great place to work
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 3, 2016
The work hours are very flexible and the employees are friendly. There is a work from home option. They understand people have a life outside of work and they work with you to achieve that balance.
Remote from home
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 1, 2016
Remote from home work environment. Was still in process of learning. Lost 2 of 3 clients and was downsized. Was lowest on totem pole.
One on one training
Inpatient Coder and Lead (Current Employee) –  Remote OhioFebruary 22, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Source Medical and have learned so much about coding and the whole revenue cycle. My manager is wonderful. I enjoy coding because there is also something new to learn. Sadly, we have lost personnel that I will miss greatly.
Pros
one-on-one training
Cons
IT problems
Compensation could be better
Billing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 28, 2016
I don't mind working here, and its an easy-going job. I love my supervisor but not fond of the upper-management. I wish this company didn't hide so many things from the employees. There is always big changes happening and not usually good changes. They pay their employees really low for the many things we do. The insurance benefits and vacation time is the best thing that this company has, yet insurance premium did go higher this past yr.
Pros
Good insurance, vacation time
Cons
Low pay and so many duty changes
Fun work place
payment posting (Former Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 4, 2015
Overall rating 3 stars
Typical work day make sure all medial claims were processed and payment posted correct.
Worked well with co-workers.
Hardest part making sure all vendors held accountable for getting information in payment department.
Working with a team with the same objective goal.
Management was supported making sure Team had everything needed to achieve targeted objectives.
Pros
Able to work from home.
Cons
Some late evenings
no open door policy; management don't even know what they are doing
charge poster (Former Employee) –  fort myersSeptember 1, 2015
Corporate talks about how it is a open door policy; but when you try and use the open door policy it is used against you. Management doesn't even know how to do your job to train you. They go against their own policies and procedures when it comes to advancements. They are losing accounts left and right. Not a good work environment at all.
Pros
there are none
Think twice
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham,ALApril 7, 2015
The management did not make sure everyone pulled their weight on the team. You make comments and they seem to ignore them. Training did not equip you with to do the job. The trainers trained you as if you was a customer of the company. They had no knowledge of issues or troubleshooting steps with the software. Each update seemed to create new problems and didn't seem like they tested the update before roll out. Seems like certain people could not work and get away with while others were expected to do their work load and the non-worker's work load. If felt like at times, I was a QA person as well as a Application Support Specialist. It could be stressful at times and management barely step in to help with calls, just I know it is rough but hang in.
Pros
Christmas dinner
Cons
management, lack of promotion opportunities, lack of team
Account review for collections/ Billing paper claims
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 21, 2014
I am currently filling in for my workers compensation supervisor while on medical leave. I reveiw accounts for collections for 30 clients.

I am also in the billing department as of 4/21/14 working paper claims that need medical record to bill to carriers.
working on certification
student (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 31, 2014
I was attending in order to get my Medical Billing & Coding. Teachers were great
Pros
worked round my job chedules
Cons
had to put in late nights