SourceHOV Employee Reviews

Just run away.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 11, 2018
This company doesn't take its employees seriously. The little management there is willing to lie and manipulate the employees. You may be FORCED to become a team lead/supervisor but you will only ever make minimum wage. Upper-management is NEVER at work or doesn't show their face/communicate with the employees. There is no Human Resource department. I also question their safety. I only recommend this job as a last resort but even then, I'm sure there are better opportunities.
Pros
It's a paycheck.
Cons
Healthcare is horrible. Minimum wage. Unethical and perhaps illegal practices. Horrible management.
Terrible place to work
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJuly 4, 2018
I worked 3rd shift the two short years I was there and it was the MOST aggravating, physically demanding job I'd ever had. You work four days a week and one day it could be 4 hours and the next day 14 depending on the work load. My hand has been permanently damaged from this job. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Management also was terrible. Only allowed 10 minute breaks
Pros
Made a great friend
Unprofessional
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 2, 2018
Horrible management & supervision skills thia place is cluttered, unorganized,unprofessional, have a lack of communication skills, favouritism towards their own culture, other are more focused on what other are doing instead of working minding their business etc. I wouldn't recommend staying at this place to long. It's good for the time being until you find a good paying job.
Pros
Free coffee and benefits after 8months
Cons
2 ten minutue breaks and 1 thirty minute break
It’s a job... that’s about all I can say
Lions' Club Member (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, KYJune 26, 2018
The job it’s self isn’t hard. Lots of prepping of veterans files. Scanning of documents (at a very fast pace) there is a quota that must be met each day. I enjoyed the job. However the management is very poor! Everyone is contracted through different contractors. Some of which didn’t have representation on site so if there was an issue you were out of luck!
Pros
30 minutes for lunch 2 15 minute breaks
awful
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  binghamton new yorkJune 25, 2018
run away and save yourself. Awful managment, depressed culture. Company is going to be dead in at most 10 years. Everyone there was just trying to hang on to a paycheck.
They leave you alone
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 21, 2018
Most of the time, I just sat at my computer, headphones in, and transcribed the material. There was nothing to it. It was also a bad thing, being left alone. We had a fire drill once. Half the employees didn't know about it and were left in the building. The attendance list had half the names of people not even scheduled to work that day. You decide if you want that.
Pros
flexible, no stress
Cons
unclean, disorganized
Flexible Autonomy in decision-making with new and existing projects
OCR Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, KYJune 18, 2018
SourceHOV was a great opportunity to work with a technology i love and gave me the opportunity to use it as i saw fit in order to improve cost-saving measures for business units in the company
Pros
Autonomy to manage and direct as needed
Cons
transition changes
Bland
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 18, 2018
Honestly, if you want to focus your skills, the ability to that is here. However, I have never received a pay raise and I have been here half a decade. They promise and promise forward movement but nothing every happens. They really don't seem to care about their employees and they are dropping like flies. It seems they are moving everything to a different state, working here may be short lived if they shut down this location.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Corp dont care about its employees, no initivive to stay
Very stressful place to work
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYJune 12, 2018
The reason it was such a stressful place was because of the required overtime of 60 hours a week. The attendance policy was extremely strict and the management was not the best. But, the job was easy and the pay was good.
Not a good place to work unless you're looking for something to get by until you get a real and better job
Document Prepper (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 9, 2018
Only here because this is the only place that would hire me (easy to get hired). I would prep documents for New York City Tax and EmblemHealth plus I would help with intake such as open mail, move boxes, destroy documents, and archive documents. The type of work sucks. If you need a job to get by until you find something better or until your dream/degree job comes up then work here even though it's not a good place to work.
Pros
Good management, nice people, jokes
Cons
Short breaks, type of work, repetitive and boring
Veiled Eyes
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 8, 2018
Beware.. go in with the mind set "temporary". HR and upper management biggest cons. Chooses who the rules apply to and who don't with blind eyes. Huge turnover rate for a reason.
Job status
Indexer (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 30, 2018
It was a temp position. I wasn't told it was a temp position until after I already started.If I had known that the position was only temp. I might not of took the position.
funs place to learn new skills
Production Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAMay 29, 2018
clock in log into your job for the day and work on documents also can moved any where in the company at any time if needed.hardest part is to make sure that every thing is perfect for the client of the job
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
sitting/standing for long periods of time
The pay is good as long as you don’t take the insurance
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYMay 27, 2018
They been promising a raise for
Almost 2 years but nothing yet. The pay is good as long as you don’t take the insurance. They need to get better benefits.
Good Paying Job, Bad Management
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMay 21, 2018
Pay well, the only reason why I stuck around. To much FAVORITISM was going on. Its seems like you had to buy there respect. The policy rules and guidelines only go for people they dislike.
high turnover rates. Your contract could end without a moment notice and you will be out of a job.
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2018
I was hired April 2017 and did not start working until January 2018. When I accepted the position there was no talk of contract possibly ending. not a very good place to work.
Pros
you get a check
Cons
short breaks, bad pay
Slave quarters
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 16, 2018
It's now called Exela. This place does not realize that you are human and there is life outside of them. The management is nasty and very clueless. To say things like the company has been good to you knowing it hasnt. You don't get paid time off. You must tell them 2 days in advance if u going to be off and that's only if they approve. God forbids an emergency occurs. You will be written up for things beyond your control if you can't work. If you call in you have to come in on Saturday to make it up. They speak to and treat you like children. They do nothing to show appreciation but complain about EVERYTHING. Their system is the WORST and if the work isn't complete bc of it we as workers are blamed instead of realizing what's really wrong. Management is unprofessional. They say no talking yet they stay chatting. It reminds you of modern day slavery. This is the WORST job I EVER worked for and REFUSE to EVER work there again and advised whoever wants to work there to find something else. They are liars to get you in and dont fulfill their parts. Hate this place and glad its over!
Pros
Mon thru fri
Cons
Short breaks and lunch unprofessionalism and dont stand by their words
Lies lies lies
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 13, 2018
The management at SourceHOV is horrible. Temporary workers are treated like you are just a number. We worked so hard this tax season to exceed the quota expected of us in hopes that we would become permanent employees. Even those of us who showed up every day and put in real effort to exceed the near-impossible quotas were not treated fairly. We were all promised upon hiring that we would be told mid-May if we would be kept permanent when the project ended in the first week of June. The truth is that we would be pushed harder and harder to work ourselves out of a job. We ran out of mail to process (because we were doing such a good job!) on May 10th, and we were told at the end of the day that that would be our last day. Zero warning. Zero temps were kept permanently. Zero apologies. Boss Man didn't even show up to work that day to face those of us he was putting out of work.
There are so many rules and protocols to memorize at this job. It isn't worth it to learn so much and be let go a month later especially when you're only making $9.50/hr.
Pros
Camaraderie among workers because you're all in the same boat of uncertainty.
Cons
Chatty & catty leads, lots of rules, low pay, no actual chance of making bonuses or permanent status and being lied to about it.
poor
Typist (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 9, 2018
terrible Business
Management lacks capabilities
overall herassed all day for a range of things like touching your face or looking anywhere other than screen
terrible
Pros
Cons
all
Very nice place to work
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMay 9, 2018
As long as the employee did their work, everything was good and management made things fun with little games or holiday specials like best costume and best decorations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SourceHOV. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

1.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight