South, Inc. Nashville Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A Great Opportunity
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2018
South Inc. in Nashville is incredibly professional and has great camaraderie! They provide hands-on training and an opportunity to grow into a management position. They're all extremely genuine and always up to help one another!
Pros
Competitive Pay, Fun Company Culture, & A Great Management Team!
Extremely Upbeat workplace and fun atmosphere
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  51 Century Blvd Suite 306July 19, 2018
Everyone at South Inc is supportive and helpful. I learned an extensive amount of knowledge in sales and marketing. The management is great and very helpful with any of your questions. The hardest part of the job for me was the schedule change. I went from a 9-5 job to coming into South Inc at 11 everyday. Once I got used to the schedule change it was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was most definitely the employees! They're great people to be around in or out of the office!
Advancement, team environment, professional development!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2018
I started in entry level and have worked my way up within the company. I have appreciated all the coaching and professional development throughout my time here. I think that this is a great opportunity for someone who is ready for a career and not just a job. Since I've been here I've seen the company go from 2 offices to 10 offices and there are definitely plans to continue expanding.
Pros
music, free lunches, monthly actives, travel for work
I looked forward to this job to help me grow and was disappointed
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 1, 2018
Your life is spent at this job. I was taught amazing skills of sales. But you're a modern door to door saleperson. You spent 3 hours every morning in the office and by 11 am you head out to door to door sales. Rain or shine, they tracked your progress on an iPad you carried around with you. (I was trapped in my car due to a rain storm for 2 hours and was questioned the next day to why I didn't go door to door those hours.) and you go home at 9 pm, twice a week you're expected to do team building (which was some outside of work dinner/drinks). Saturdays are required. You only got paid decently if you could sell to people on their door step.
Pros
great co-workers, team building, excellent life skills, sales skills
Cons
no benefits, long hours, literally door to door sales
Would not reccommnd for anybody
Direct marketing and sales for Att and Direct tv (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 6, 2018
The owner doesn't care about workers. There only concern is them getting to next level and not so much concerned about the people are trying to help them get there. Your family or personal life does not matter to them at all. They want you to make sacrifices for them but are not willing to help you with anything. Its a waste of time job that you go to recycled territory and try to resell a product that nobody wants or have already had the product, and was very displeased with it. So it being a comm based job there are days you are out walking in the rain, snow and burning up heat and wont make a single dollar or a sale. so really just a waste of time with poor management. Even after a 10 plus hour shift they still expect you go go bar hopping or to different things each night during week with any remorse to family or personal time.
Pros
college and young people atmosphere who like to drink and hang out everynight
Cons
Great environment with a good sense of unity
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 26, 2017
Was the first job where i had to dress business professional everyday. I enjoyed the fact that everyone was super helpful and, encouraged an entrepreneur mindset and made you push towards you goals everyday.
My Experiences with South Inc
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 9, 2017
Great atmosphere
Involved management and team members
I've got promoted 3 times this past year!

I've learned a lot about myself as a business professional while working with South! I always had strong communication skills, however, the detailed customer service that South provides to their clients and customers is unreal. They go above and beyond to make sure that their clients/customers are taken care of.

I've learned a great deal about sales/marketing/promotional strategies to support an awesome client and have enjoyed the hands on training that received every step of the way! The training is done step by step and makes me feel like I not only have a strong work system, but a strong friend system to help me if I'm ever having a tough day.
Pros
atmosphere, no cubes! love the people and the training
Cons
it does involve customer service/sales/marketing/detailed oriented, which isn't a great match for some people
Door to Door Sales
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 15, 2016
Masked as "management training program" - really door to door sales of a pyramid scheme. Best part of the day was learning new sales skills in the office in the morning - worst part of the job was young 21 year old girls being sent to unsafe neighborhoods alone to knock on doors and sell AT&T internet & TV
Pros
Fun office atmosphere
Cons
No money in the job/unsafe
productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 7, 2016
loved working here with the people and the atmosphere and had a really great time being here. didn't even feel like work when I was there.

Want to know more about South, Inc. Nashville?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South, Inc. Nashville. Our community is ready to answer.

South, Inc. Nashville Reviews by Location